It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:40 am 
Not a damn thing. Nothing. They are 3-2. Tops in the division. Going to win by 4pts or better on the road in KC.

Most of you are whiny pain in the ass types that offer zero other than criticism of what is. Most of you dont have any real picture of football or the nfl and have bitching about the Steelers so ingrained you cant do anything else.

This team is exactly what they look like. The most conservative offense in the NFL paired with a young evolving defense thats weak up the middle.

As long as Todd Haley is the OC things wont change on offense. I expect the D to get slightly better if we avoid injuries.

Carry on.

Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Not a damn thing. Nothing. They are 3-2. Tops in the division. Going to win by 4pts or better on the road in KC.

Most of you are whiny pain in the ass types that offer zero other than criticism of what is. Most of dont have any real picture of football or the nfl and have bitching about the Steelers so ingrained you cant do anything else.

This team is exactly what they look like. The most conservative offense in the NFL paired with a young evolving defense thats weak up the middle.

As long as Todd Haley is the OC things wont change on offense. I expect the D to get slightly better if we avoid injuries.

Carry on.

This was the weak part of their schedule. A true Super Bowl contender would have gone 4-1/5-0 during this stretch.

The two losses were to teams that were completely one-dimensional. True Super Bowl contenders eat one-dimensional teams for lunch.

Dropping games that should be easy wins is the difference between a bye...from which most Super Bowl contenders start the playoffs...and no bye.

Between a division title and a wild card.

Between a playoff berth and tee times.

So if your expectations are simply watching a team struggle just to get to the playoffs, then yes...there's nothing wrong with the Steelers.

If your expectations are a little higher, there's plenty wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:50 am 
Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Most of you are whiny pain in the ass types that offer zero other than criticism of what is. Most of dont have any real picture of football or the nfl and have bitching about the Steelers so ingrained you cant do anything else.

Carry on.

This was the weak part of their schedule. A true Super Bowl contender would have gone 4-1/5-0 during this stretch.

The two losses were to teams that were completely one-dimensional. True Super Bowl contenders eat one-dimensional teams for lunch.

Dropping games that should be easy wins is the difference between a bye...from which most Super Bowl contenders start the playoffs...and no bye.

So if your expectations are simply watching a team struggle just to get to the playoffs, then yes...there's nothing wrong with the Steelers.

Jeemie-

Whether you agree or not....the Steelers see things far differently than you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Carry on.

Jeemie-

And when's the last time they had a bye?

Or we're a serious threat to win the Super Bowl?

Seven years and counting...

Why should I go by what they think when their actual performance is evidence for what I think?

Last edited by Jeemie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 am 

SteelerChef wrote:

Most of you are whiny pain in the ass types that offer zero other than criticism of what is. Most of you dont have any real picture of football or the nfl and have bitching about the Steelers so ingrained you cant do anything else.

Carry on.

Forget the record or standings. Does this team look like it's made any offensive progress since late last season?

I always say "process over results" and this team just looks sloppy and uninterested

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:25 am 
Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Jeemie-

Why should I go by what they think

1. I would bet the Steelers dont really concern themselves with calculating byes in week 5. I seriously doubt they put much stock in home field advantage in win or go home circumstances.

2. Any team that makes the playoffs is a serious threat.

3. You should go by what they think because you literally have ZERO credibility in regards to any pro sport anywhere in the world ever. Its highly likely whatever your own career path is, that you are easily replaced and extremely far below the very best in your field. The Steelers on the other hand are among the very best in any sport ever. In a field that even being given the opprotunity to fail and be discarded without ever getting out of camp means your in the top 1% in that field.

Forgive me if im not ready to go apeshit at 3-2 because your extrapolation index thermometer is overheating.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:30 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Jeemie-

1. I would bet the Steelers dont really concern themselves with calculating byes in week 5. I seriously doubt they put much stock in home field advantage in win or go home circumstances.

3. You should go by what they think because you literally have ZERO credibility in regards to any pro sport anywhere in the world ever. Its highly likely whatever your own career path is, that you are easily replaced and extremely far below the very best in your field. The Steelers on the other hand are among the very best in any sport ever. In a field that even being given the opprotunity to fail and be discarded without ever getting out of camp means your in the top 1% in that field.

Forgive me if im not ready to go apeshit at 3-2 because your extrapolation index thermometer is overheating.

This is the fallacy of appealing to authority.

Seven years of data supports my assertion that the Steelers' approach to getting a Super Bowl title is not working, and that they are sub-optimizing their chances of winning it.

The data is publicly available. I don't have to be some sort of sports/football expert to see it.

And past performance doesn't accrue to the current braintrust.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:32 am 
Donnie Brasco wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Carry on.

Forget the record or standings. Does this team look like it's made any offensive progress since late last season?

I always say "process over results" and this team just looks sloppy and uninterested

They look like a HaleyBall team. Read into that whatever you want.

As far as sloppy and uninterested.....i guess thats debatable.....i would say thats the state of the entire nfl every sunday in 2017....particularly when a team is losing big late....in actuality i think rather than sloppy and uninterested i think most teams get burned try to do too much and end up with looking sloppy and uninterested.....fwiw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:39 am 
Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

No its not. Its showing that most of the time you seem to be wrong and your track record backs that up.

The Steelers have been serious SB contenders for 5 years running but by all means. Carry on with your bs. Its what you do

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:47 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

No its not. Its showing that most of the time you seem to be wrong and your track record backs that up.

The Steelers have been serious SB contenders for 5 years running but by all means. Carry on with your bs. Its what you do

You radiate more hypocrisy and crap than all the light the Sun emits.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:52 am 
StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

You radiate more hypocrisy and crap than all the light the Sun emits.

Besides being in a record hurricane cycle my humor and truth challenged brother its been damn cloudy lately huh ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:45 am 

I thought the steelers organization was old, tired, with nepotistic owners hell bent on holding Mike Tomlin back. Or does that narrative not fit with your "take the opposite stance" trolling? haha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 pm 
R S wrote:
I thought the steelers organization was old, tired, with nepotistic owners hell bent on holding Mike Tomlin back. Or does that narrative not fit with your "take the opposite stance" trolling? haha

Old tired nepotistic.....check
Hell bent ?....perhaps not.....holding back nonetheless ?....it often seems like it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:31 pm 

I don't think they value non conference opponents. They have "things" they want to do but won't show more than that. The lack of discipline for celebrating little things and the mental penalties need fixed. Ben was frustrated with his play and I will suggest the playcalling. You can't fire the soldiers, so coach em up or get out of the way.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:57 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Carry on.

They look like a HaleyBall team. Read into that whatever you want.

As far as sloppy and uninterested.....i guess thats debatable.....i would say thats the state of the entire nfl every sunday in 2017....particularly when a team is losing big late....in actuality i think rather than sloppy and uninterested i think most teams get burned try to do too much and end up with looking sloppy and uninterested.....fwiw

Wrong.

You obviously haven’t been watching our upcoming opponent play any games this year. They have been in midseason form since Week 1 while we fiddle-fuck around losing to Chicago and the Jags while barely getting out of Cleveland with a win. You sound exactly like Tomlin, all bullshit and babble without anything factual to backup what you’re saying. If Tomlin had any brains or balls for that matter, he would tell ALL of his players to shut the fuck up and play football. Don’t worry about the anthem, don’t worry about your number of carries, don’t worry about your number of catches, do your job today and win the game because none of the other shit matters. What we have seen from Tomlin since our last Super Bowl appearance is quite simple.

1. Poor attention to detail. We make the same mistakes again and again.
2. He is a “players coach” which means his discipline is for shit. He is their buddy.
3. He fails miserably to identify tactical errors in game plans and make the necessary adjustments. Go back and watch that AFC Championship game from last season if you can stomach it.

So we are where we are, we do what we do, lose a couple games each season that cost us home field advantage. We make the playoffs, but end up losing on the road after everyone is beat to shit and our coaches coach to avoid all possible risk. Lather………rinse……..repeat. But hey, at least you yinzers are happy so there’s that, obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:15 pm 

This has the makings of one of the worst seasons in years thanks to:

1. Idiotic HC
2. Dumbass OC
3. Sloppy play
4. Sad offensive line play
5. Worst run defense in years

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:45 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:

So 4 years ago at 8-8 we were a serious contender? 5 years ago at 8-8 we were a serious superbowl contender? OK. I got it.
It helps to make the playoffs if you are a serious contender. I am not even a rocket surgeon and I know this much.

Last edited by stillthere on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:01 pm 

If Tomlin’s balls get washed as much elsewhere as they do here it’s no wonder he hasn’t the time to get any real coaching in...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:15 pm 

stillthere wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

So 4 years ago at 8-8 we were a serious contender? 5 years ago at 8-9 we were a serious superbowl contender? OK. I got it.
It helps to make the playoffs if you are a serious contender. I am not even a rocket surgeon and I know this much.

Exactly!

Given how we are doing so far, I could easily see losses at KC, at Detroit, at the Texans and home against Green Bay and New England. That would have us at 9-7 on very thin ice. Losing to the Bears and Jags is inexcusable. But hey, we do what we do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:20 pm 

Yeah.

Uh huh.

We'll be right there in the hunt for a Super Bowl again.

Got 'em right where we want em and all that bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:24 pm 

KC wrote:
Yeah.

Uh huh.

We'll be right there in the hunt for a Super Bowl again.

Got 'em right where we want em and all that bullshit.

I listened to Ben's weekly show on The Fan this morning, absolutely zero concern. I just don't know what world these guys live in. Meanwhile, stupid fuck Bell was in a Twitter fight with Ryan Clark last night. Good to see these guys are focusing on what's important, just like their head coach.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:26 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

Yup. And I like your process over results statement. Sometimes results don't reflect a good process, for any one of a number or reasons, but the process with this team hasn't changed for the better much on offense, so it seems. JuJu is a great addition, and with some tutelage Conner can be decent. MB might be missing his fuck you mojo, like BR did after Milledgeville.

I still hold hope. Wait until it gets to midway through the season, and Haley will open up the playbook making fans happier. Then when some shit hits the fan and the steelers miss a bye or home field advantage, or a diva does something stupid, the Haley/Tomlin bashing will start again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:04 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:

Carry on.

your fucking retarded

steelers went from top super bowl contender this year (only a few weeks ago) to middle of the pack

there's a shit load wrong with this team right now, and hopefully they can turn it around fast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:21 pm 
I guarantee we beat the Chiefs

Anyone wanna put $100 to the podcast at 10 to 1 on it ?