It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 8899
Hinestuff wrote:
Who has the GIF of Bell's run against Cleveland in his 2nd year, opening day at home where he zig-zags his way to a TD....maybe a 35 or 40 yard run where he shows insane elusiveness and quickness. He is NOT that same player anymore because of injury.


I'm convinced he's running a bit tentatively trying to avoid injury, and/or that knee needs scoped to remove scar tissue. Probably both.

I won't be surprised if he has it cleaned out during the bye.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5047
Kodiak wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:
Who has the GIF of Bell's run against Cleveland in his 2nd year, opening day at home where he zig-zags his way to a TD....maybe a 35 or 40 yard run where he shows insane elusiveness and quickness. He is NOT that same player anymore because of injury.


I'm convinced he's running a bit tentatively trying to avoid injury, and/or that knee needs scoped to remove scar tissue. Probably both.

I won't be surprised if he has it cleaned out during the bye.
OK mister medicine man. :D How about a bet? Not running tentative to avoid an injury part(that's mental), but scoping to remove scar tissue. I say he's as healthy as he can be. If anything, it's timing, shitty blocking, a big head, and he's lost a step because of two, count 'em 2, knee injuries. He was never a barn burner to begin with.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 8899
COR-TEN wrote:
OK mister medicine man. :D How about a bet? Not running tentative to avoid an injury part(that's mental), but scoping to remove scar tissue. I say he's as healthy as he can be. If anything, it's timing, shitty blocking, a big head, and he's lost a step because of two, count 'em 2, knee injuries. He was never a barn burner to begin with.


Why do you think he's lost a step since last year? If anything, he should be a little quicker a year removed from knee surgery.

If you really believe that, then you have to agree either A) he's running tentative or B) the knee needs scoped.

By the way, having the knee scoped to remove scar tissue is fairly common.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5047
Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
OK mister medicine man. :D How about a bet? Not running tentative to avoid an injury part(that's mental), but scoping to remove scar tissue. I say he's as healthy as he can be. If anything, it's timing, shitty blocking, a big head, and he's lost a step because of two, count 'em 2, knee injuries. He was never a barn burner to begin with.


Why do you think he's lost a step since last year? If anything, he should be a little quicker a year removed from knee surgery.

If you really believe that, then you have to agree either A) he's running tentative or B) the knee needs scoped.
Quicker after knee surgery? No. I think the league is getting used to him and his style, the O line isn't as good as it was last year, and his big head has fogged his vision. Every year is different. I don't think his knee has anything to do with anything other than slowing him down. But in certain situations I have no doubt he's tentative because he's said that after the first injury - that he needs to protect himself - but that has nothing to do with a loss of explosion and clear vision that has been infected with bigheaditis.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 11218
Quote:
“Whatever it takes to win,” tackle Marcus Gilbert proclaimed. “I think we’re at this point now we have to set our egos aside. No matter whoever’s catching the ball, whoever’s running the ball, be selfless and just take one for the team. http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1710120171
Truest statement yet this season. Hope this includes the coaching staff as well. Obviously!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13893
Hinestuff wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
It's sad. I was as big of a believer in this offense as anyone. But thru 5 games, the ONLY guy playing well is AB (and, um, he does have a handfull of drops including 2 that went for interceptions). No one else has been even average, although JuJu has been a nice addition as a rookie and JJ has made a few plays. Perhaps no player in the league has fallen farther than Bell in 1 year. The OL has been average, at best.

I don't know, the offense DOES look different to me beyond under performing players. I do think a huge part of it is the windows have gotten smaller and Ben is not hitting them like he did the last few years (and few QB's in history would). Go back to the early years of Haley here and this offense does NOTHING to create easy plays for the QB and receivers.

I have no idea how the OC has a job when his offense requires at least a handful of guys to play at a Pro Bowl level to succeed. That's like a negative +/- on your OC where your offense is several notches below where talent says it should be.


I like Ben as much as ANY Steeler EVER however, Kodiak, can you stop blaming the awful decision when Ben threw into triple coverage and super HIGH blaming Antonio Brown. It was one of many bad decisions and throws last Sunday.

AB was open, it was 3rd and 18... coverage is going to be nearby but he wasn't covered. You can blame the execution of the throw but the decision wasn't horrible.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Posts: 1452
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
It's sad. I was as big of a believer in this offense as anyone. But thru 5 games, the ONLY guy playing well is AB (and, um, he does have a handfull of drops including 2 that went for interceptions). No one else has been even average, although JuJu has been a nice addition as a rookie and JJ has made a few plays. Perhaps no player in the league has fallen farther than Bell in 1 year. The OL has been average, at best.

I don't know, the offense DOES look different to me beyond under performing players. I do think a huge part of it is the windows have gotten smaller and Ben is not hitting them like he did the last few years (and few QB's in history would). Go back to the early years of Haley here and this offense does NOTHING to create easy plays for the QB and receivers.

I have no idea how the OC has a job when his offense requires at least a handful of guys to play at a Pro Bowl level to succeed. That's like a negative +/- on your OC where your offense is several notches below where talent says it should be.


I like Ben as much as ANY Steeler EVER however, Kodiak, can you stop blaming the awful decision when Ben threw into triple coverage and super HIGH blaming Antonio Brown. It was one of many bad decisions and throws last Sunday.

AB was open, it was 3rd and 18... coverage is going to be nearby but he wasn't covered. You can blame the execution of the throw but the decision wasn't horrible.


Anecdotes brothers...anecdotes. Ben has had monster numbers under Haley. He had his best season under Haley. He went to 3 Pro Bowls under Haley. He only went to 2 as an alternate without Haley...in his PRIME.

Haley hasn't changed. Ben has simply given up.

He's done. I fear this game against KC is going to be humiliating. I am not a fan of Ben because he is exemplifies the lazy privileged millenial.

But I don't want to see his last year in the league be a humiliation tour. I don't want his legacy tarnished. I may not like him...but he is a Steeler and that is all I need to be ignorant.

The ONLY variable that has changed is Ben. The defense is better (yes, we suck against the run but we sucked against it last year too...at least Haden and the maturation of Burns makes up for it in the pass D). Bryant is back. Bell is healthy. Shit even the Outlaw looks good.

Bust my chops....call me names....that's cool. It doesn't change the facts. I never understood why people are upset by Twitter or Facebook or whatever. Those platforms aren't reality. Reality is what you see.

Ben looks like he is done. Ben almost QUIT in the offseason. You fucking morons think physical specimens like AB, Bell, and Bryant are going to waste a year of their lives living in Ben's pity party?

Fuck Ben. He will have a good game here or there giving you false hope...but he is done.

And frankly...for a man making 102 million bucks...he's a fucking fat shit.

Or do your eyes deceive you when you look at that triple chin?

_________________

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.


Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 8899
You keep dodging the question....how many of your bitches did Ben fuck?!?

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Posts: 1452
Kodiak wrote:
You keep dodging the question....how many of your bitches did Ben fuck?!?


Was that meant for me? I'll assume it was. If it wasn't, sorry....

Are you drunk? Or just anonymously malicious like the average internet tough guy.?

Or perhaps...maybe...just maybe... you are a sad adult who lives vicariously through....a professional athlete? WTF homey...unless you are 12, this shit shouldn't be worth your honor.

You'll insult someone to defend a privileged millennial athlete who could give a fuck about you?

I don't know you Kodiak...but I never made this personal. And if you thought I did in the past, I apologize...because frankly, I don't know jack shit about you.

But now, for shits and giggles...I will. 8-)

To answer your petty, lowlife question...none. Externally, Ben's an ugly motherfucker. He's so ugly and his reputation so sullied that any "bitch" that would fuck him can gladly have him.

But to even insult a person who disagrees with you...over a football player...character-wise that's equally ugly. Why the fuck are you so wound up about it bro?

We disagree. Let it go....

_________________

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.


Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 8899
No, I'm not drunk

You're the resident dumb-ass Ben hater....so just how many of your girls did Ben fuck? It's a simple question....because it DOES seem to be personal with you.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JackSplat58 and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group