It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brady has an AC joint sprain
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:03 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. For Pitt, it doesn't get much 'bester' than NE. Suwanne88 is hardly alone in his sentiment.

As a fan, I fear I will always have to regret that a Ben team could never beat a Brady team when it counted most.

I agree-- but please don't make me apologize for winning the Super Bowl vs whomever was in front of us.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:06 pm 

TB wrote:
:roll:

Completely weak, lazy, and illogical.

See Havoc's post. You either root for the team to win Lombardis or you worry about other shit. I choose to root for the team to win.

Would I love it for this team to beat Brady/Belichick when it mattered? Of course I would. Would I trade that for winning another Lombardi? No fucking way-- because I'm a Steelers fan, not a legacy fan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:02 pm 

Not only do the Steelers have to win every game going away for the win to mean anything, they also have to beat the best teams in the playoffs for the SB victory to count. This place is getting more and more ridiculous by the day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:11 pm 

Questioning someone's fanhood over a disagreement is not cool.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:12 pm 

Is anyone else having KingJames92 flashbacks?
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:14 pm 

TB wrote:
Questioning someone's fanhood over a disagreement is not cool.

He literally suggested preference for an alternate scenario where the Steelers are not only not guaranteed a Lombardi they already won, but tbh a scenario where it's a whole lot less likely they win. He did this just to denigrate his team's future HOF QB. I called him out on it. I fail to see the weakness, logical fallacy, or wrong in that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:59 pm 

You were responding to Suwanee88 and calling him a non-Steelers fan. He simply posted “Too bad Ben didn’t get the chance to go through NE on the way to that win.” And I think any Steelers fan would love to taken down Brady and the Pats in the playoffs at some point, it would’ve been especially sweet given how many times they’ve beaten us and rubbed our nose in it. But yeah, I guess he should turn in his terrible towel for insanely suggesting he would’ve liked to have seen thus team take down the Evil Empire at their height.

BTW can you not let your insecurity about Ben ruin every topic on this board? “Wow, Alex Smith is playing great this season and throwing dimes, Kansas City is looking scary good.” You: “But, but if only this offense played to Ben’s strengths like KC does with Smith he’d be awesome too!! ” ... “Tom Brady has an AC sprain in his non-throwing shoulder, looks like he’s not going to miss any time.” You: “But, but Ben had an AC sprain 9 years ago and he won a Super Bowl that year too! He’s the best!!!” We get it. It doesn’t have to be wedged into any and every topic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 pm 

I didn't actually "call him a non-Steelers fan".

I asked him a rhetorical question, intended to point out-- since it wasn't obvious to him-- that what he was suggesting could be construed as anti-SBI. And he didn't say it in a wishful kind of, "oh, gee I wish we'd taken down the Evil Empire at it's height". Go back and read his post and my response, if you doubt me.

I believe you are reading many things into arguments/posts where they are not. I'm not insecure about Ben Roethlisberger. I value him, and he's my guy. You are interpreting that as insecurity, because you appear from your posts to feel differently, and take a much more mainstream view of him and some other QBs.

P.S.: I never denigrated Alex Smith's performance this year, even if I did express admiration for Andy Reid's offense and his schemes. Alex Smith has been really good thusfar.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:18 pm 

05: We beat the team that beat the Pats in the playoffs.

08: Not our fault the Pats didn't qualify for the playoffs that year.

I have not one regret about either year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:20 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
08: Not our fault the Pats didn't qualify for the playoffs that year.

In fact, if we don't beat them that year, there's a good chance they would have had the second bye, and we might have been the 11-5 team out of the playoffs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next