It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is the HaleyBall offense a consequence of....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:43 pm 

Havoc wrote:
We are so fortunate Bell did not sign that contract.

I really hope the FO is smart about him moving forward.

I don't know how he sleeps at night. He's not even a top-10 back right now, and has to be looking at losing around $30M (5 yrs X $6M per).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:42 pm 

I agree Kodiak, if the top yearly avg is $8 million, which McCoy and Freeman have as the top paid RBs, I think Bell will be lucky to sign a deal that pays him in the 6-8 million range. And to think the Steelers could be paying him a yearly average of $12 million through 2021?

That would have been one of the biggest mistakes this team had ever made if Bell had signed that $60 million contract.

But back to Bell's production, there were red flags last season, the splash plays, the plays over 20+ yards were drying up last year. In the playoffs he had 4 catches for 3 yards. None of what we see this year is new or THAT alarming, it was happening last season.

I know this is a bad comparison but I am tired of this offense being played, sort of like a rope a dope. Defenses are content to allow us to move the ball in-between the 20s and then tighten up and shut us down in the redzone. You look at the KC playoff game, yeah, Bell supporters like to beat their chests and brag about how Bell rushed for 170 yards that game, you can't blame him for the lack of TDs. Why not?

He was targeted 5 times in the passing game that day, and had 2 catches for -4 yards. His longest pass play for the day was -1 yards. 2 catches, one for -3 yards and the other for -1 yards. KC really did a great job of shutting him down in the redzone, that is why we had to settle for 6 FGs.

As much as I love Antonio Brown, and as much as people get excited about the catches and yards, where is the beef? Where are the TDs? Just like Bell, teams have gotten pretty good at limiting his TD production.

We have two players in Bell and Brown that have combined for 169 of the 248 carries/catches, that is 68% of our offensive production. And yet they only have 4 TDs to show for it in 5 games. I can show RB/WR duos from last season that are heavily involved in their offenses and yet had 20-25 TDs. Yet our guys can't even average 1 per game, they are on pace for what?, 12-13?

I keep saying it but we don't need Brown to get 2,000 yards, or for Bell to have 100 receptions. What good is having 2,000 yards receiving, setting an NFL record if you score only 5 TDs Antonio? What good is having Bell get 100 receptions if he is averaging 4 yards per catch and never gets a TD?

Bryant, JuJu, McDonald, Grimble, Connor/Watson all have to get much more involved in the offense if we are to pull out of this quagmire of an offense, if we are to realize our potential and score 30 points a game. Just forcing it to Bell and Brown is not going to fix it. In fact we need to lessen the amount of production they are both getting to grow as an offense, it sounds counter intuitive but it is the only way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 pm 

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but, I enjoyed the sloppy preseason games more.

You expected it as we watched guys fight for jobs and with some great flashes like Watson and Watt.....but we're deluded to thinking the O was gonna fly

What a shit show

My mind has me back to 1982

Many of you know what I'm saying

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:01 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:
He has the greatest group of skill players (sans superstar TE) in the league.

Biggest load of Steelers fanboy bullshit out there. Not even close!

I don't know what a "Jobus Rum" is.

But I actually like your posts motherfucker. You seem like a good guy. I'm being sincere. But now that you drew first blood, I'm gonna BUST YOUR BALLS.. 8-)

Not even close huh? He has the best WR and RB in the league. Okay..you don't agree? So maybe the SECOND best WR and RB in the league. Happy now?

Under Brady these guys would be HOF'ers already. Under Rodgers too. Under Brees. Under Peyton a few years ago...

Stop proverbially sucking Ben's gray dick and see the light.

His offense line is very good. His #1 WR and #1 RB are either the best in the league or a very close 2nd. Where's the bullshit you speak concubine of Ben?

And while we are reflecting ask yourself...why are you so committed to a man who doesn't give a flying fuck about you? Maybe you're young. If you are, disregard. But if you are over 35, wtf..that's just sad.

Historically, I think Ben isn't the best QB in franchise history (Hello depressed Terry). As of today, he isn't even the best QB in Pennsylvania.

The Cult of Ben is a fucked up crew. This isn't "Roethlisbergerfury". This is "Steelerfury". The organization matters far more than any cog in the machine. You guys are slaves to the cult of personality.

If the entire team was cut...and replaced...by 53 new guys....who won the SB....I could give a fuck about the old guard.

The only fanboy here is you...who has a 12 year old, middle-schooler, creepy man crush...on an....entertainer :roll:

But I got nothin' but love for you Jobus...Rum...Jobus Rum....what the fuck is a Jobus Rum again? :lol:

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:45 am 

Scunge wrote:
I agree Kodiak, if the top yearly avg is $8 million, which McCoy and Freeman have as the top paid RBs, I think Bell will be lucky to sign a deal that pays him in the 6-8 million range. And to think the Steelers could be paying him a yearly average of $12 million through 2021?

That would have been one of the biggest mistakes this team had ever made if Bell had signed that $60 million contract.

But back to Bell's production, there were red flags last season, the splash plays, the plays over 20+ yards were drying up last year. In the playoffs he had 4 catches for 3 yards. None of what we see this year is new or THAT alarming, it was happening last season.

I know this is a bad comparison but I am tired of this offense being played, sort of like a rope a dope. Defenses are content to allow us to move the ball in-between the 20s and then tighten up and shut us down in the redzone. You look at the KC playoff game, yeah, Bell supporters like to beat their chests and brag about how Bell rushed for 170 yards that game, you can't blame him for the lack of TDs. Why not?

He was targeted 5 times in the passing game that day, and had 2 catches for -4 yards. His longest pass play for the day was -1 yards. 2 catches, one for -3 yards and the other for -1 yards. KC really did a great job of shutting him down in the redzone, that is why we had to settle for 6 FGs.

As much as I love Antonio Brown, and as much as people get excited about the catches and yards, where is the beef? Where are the TDs? Just like Bell, teams have gotten pretty good at limiting his TD production.

We have two players in Bell and Brown that have combined for 169 of the 248 carries/catches, that is 68% of our offensive production. And yet they only have 4 TDs to show for it in 5 games. I can show RB/WR duos from last season that are heavily involved in their offenses and yet had 20-25 TDs. Yet our guys can't even average 1 per game, they are on pace for what?, 12-13?

I keep saying it but we don't need Brown to get 2,000 yards, or for Bell to have 100 receptions. What good is having 2,000 yards receiving, setting an NFL record if you score only 5 TDs Antonio? What good is having Bell get 100 receptions if he is averaging 4 yards per catch and never gets a TD?

Bryant, JuJu, McDonald, Grimble, Connor/Watson all have to get much more involved in the offense if we are to pull out of this quagmire of an offense, if we are to realize our potential and score 30 points a game. Just forcing it to Bell and Brown is not going to fix it. In fact we need to lessen the amount of production they are both getting to grow as an offense, it sounds counter intuitive but it is the only way.

Scunge you can't possibly believe the lack of TDs is simply on the players. Haley and Ben must do better inside the 20. AB runs the routes he's told to run.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:07 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
But I got nothin' but love for you Jobus...Rum...Jobus Rum....what the fuck is a Jobus Rum again? :lol:

Woah, dude, that's a major league insult.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:15 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

But I actually like your posts motherfucker. You seem like a good guy. I'm being sincere. But now that you drew first blood, I'm gonna BUST YOUR BALLS.. 8-)

Not even close huh? He has the best WR and RB in the league. Okay..you don't agree? So maybe the SECOND best WR and RB in the league. Happy now?

Under Brady these guys would be HOF'ers already. Under Rodgers too. Under Brees. Under Peyton a few years ago...

His offense line is very good. His #1 WR and #1 RB are either the best in the league or a very close 2nd. Where's the bullshit you speak concubine of Ben?

And while we are reflecting ask yourself...why are you so committed to a man who doesn't give a flying fuck about you? Maybe you're young. If you are, disregard. But if you are over 35, wtf..that's just sad.

Historically, I think Ben isn't the best QB in franchise history (Hello depressed Terry). As of today, he isn't even the best QB in Pennsylvania.

The Cult of Ben is a fucked up crew. This isn't "Roethlisbergerfury". This is "Steelerfury". The organization matters far more than any cog in the machine. You guys are slaves to the cult of personality.

If the entire team was cut...and replaced...by 53 new guys....who won the SB....I could give a fuck about the old guard.

The only fanboy here is you...who has a 12 year old, middle-schooler, creepy man crush...on an....entertainer :roll:

Good post! You truly have me figured out...kudos!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:19 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

Not necessarily agreeing with Chicago....who as I remember is a Boston University alum as is my son....but reminds me of a post I authored back in '08 that resulted in one of my bannings from this esteemed website. It was entitled..."Sacred Fuckin' Cows of Steelerfury.com." The named Sacred Fuckin' Cows in that piece were Ben, Tomlin & FWP.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:10 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

Not necessarily agreeing with Chicago....who as I remember is a Boston University alum as is my son....but reminds me of a post I authored back in '08 that resulted in one of my bannings from this esteemed website. It was entitled..."Sacred Fuckin' Cows of Steelerfury.com." The named Sacred Fuckin' Cows in that piece were Ben, Tomlin & FWP.

Swiss, sacred cows? Show me anywhere in my post quoted above that I am defending Roethlisberger. I am not. Simply pointing out that the current version Steelers offense isn’t loaded with all these amazing weapons that the fan base thinks that it has.
AB...still a top 3 WR, but is he having the impact that we need from a top 3 WR?
Lev “Show Me The Money” Bell...Best RB in the league? In 2017? :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe top 15...maybe!
TEs...JAG, JAG, less than JAG.
Martavis...Exactly what he was in college. An inconsistent bonehead. Not a player to count on when needed.
JuJu...a rookie with potential, but a rookie with potential.
Eli, Hunter, DHB...hello, welcome to Walmart.
So, right now, in 2017, where are all these amazing weapons? But of course, Steelers fanboys will rant on and on about all the offensive talent they are lining up, I just don’t see it.
So as an offensive group...decent, but not great skill talent, an offensive line that seems to have taken a step(or two) back, a QB on the down side of his career, the worst OC in the league...

Swiss, I don’t have sacred cows...don’t put players on pedestals. I don’t care about pro bowls, all pro, HoF. I’m a Steelers fan. I know for the Steelers to win games and championships, the players have to play well, particularly the QB. I know if he doesn’t start playing better, the Steelers have no chance of winning. I’m not sure that it’s in him at this point. He may very well be done. When you talk retirement, you probably should retire. And when he does, maybe after this season, just like any other ex-Steeler, I won’t give a tiny rats ass over anything he says or does.
So nope...no sacred cows in this house...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:56 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

Swiss, sacred cows? Show me anywhere in my post quoted above that I am defending Roethlisberger. I am not. Simply pointing out that the current version Steelers offense isn’t loaded with all these amazing weapons that the fan base thinks that it has.
AB...still a top 3 WR, but is he having the impact that we need from a top 3 WR?
Lev “Show Me The Money” Bell...Best RB in the league? In 2017? :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe top 15...maybe!
TEs...JAG, JAG, less than JAG.
Martavis...Exactly what he was in college. An inconsistent bonehead. Not a player to count on when needed.
JuJu...a rookie with potential, but a rookie with potential.
Eli, Hunter, DHB...hello, welcome to Walmart.
So, right now, in 2017, where are all these amazing weapons? But of course, Steelers fanboys will rant on and on about all the offensive talent they are lining up, I just don’t see it.
So as an offensive group...decent, but not great skill talent, an offensive line that seems to have taken a step(or two) back, a QB on the down side of his career, the worst OC in the league...

Swiss, I don’t have sacred cows...don’t put players on pedestals. I don’t care about pro bowls, all pro, HoF. I’m a Steelers fan. I know for the Steelers to win games and championships, the players have to play well, particularly the QB. I know if he doesn’t start playing better, the Steelers have no chance of winning. I’m not sure that it’s in him at this point. He may very well be done. When you talk retirement, you probably should retire. And when he does, maybe after this season, just like any other ex-Steeler, I won’t give a tiny rats ass over anything he says or does.
So nope...no sacred cows in this house...

Sorry Jobus....I didn't mean to suggest any intent on your part. The convo, and more specifically, Chicago's response, had me remembering the post I put up 9 years ago....that's all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next