It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is the HaleyBall offense a consequence of....
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:29 am 

Why is everyone so angry, it's not even post-game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:34 am 

Hostility is on the menu

Now I'm wondering why no one has ever asked me "what the FUCK is a barryfoster?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:58 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:
He has the greatest group of skill players (sans superstar TE) in the league.

Biggest load of Steelers fanboy bullshit out there. Not even close!

I don't know what a "Jobus Rum" is.

But I actually like your posts motherfucker. You seem like a good guy. I'm being sincere. But now that you drew first blood, I'm gonna BUST YOUR BALLS.. 8-)

Not even close huh? He has the best WR and RB in the league. Okay..you don't agree? So maybe the SECOND best WR and RB in the league. Happy now?

Under Brady these guys would be HOF'ers already. Under Rodgers too. Under Brees. Under Peyton a few years ago...

Stop proverbially sucking Ben's gray dick and see the light.

His offense line is very good. His #1 WR and #1 RB are either the best in the league or a very close 2nd. Where's the bullshit you speak concubine of Ben?

And while we are reflecting ask yourself...why are you so committed to a man who doesn't give a flying fuck about you? Maybe you're young. If you are, disregard. But if you are over 35, wtf..that's just sad.

Historically, I think Ben isn't the best QB in franchise history (Hello depressed Terry). As of today, he isn't even the best QB in Pennsylvania.

The Cult of Ben is a fucked up crew. This isn't "Roethlisbergerfury". This is "Steelerfury". The organization matters far more than any cog in the machine. You guys are slaves to the cult of personality.

If the entire team was cut...and replaced...by 53 new guys....who won the SB....I could give a fuck about the old guard.

The only fanboy here is you...who has a 12 year old, middle-schooler, creepy man crush...on an....entertainer :roll:

But I got nothin' but love for you Jobus...Rum...Jobus Rum....what the fuck is a Jobus Rum again? :lol:

Quote:
And while we are reflecting ask yourself...why are you so committed to a man who doesn't give a flying fuck about you?

Why are you so committed to a man who doesn't give a flying fuck about you? (Bell)

You call out a poster claiming he is a fanboy, yet you are the #1 Bell fanboy on the site.

It's been well documented on this site since the preseason why Bell has never been what he was in the 2014 season. And the fall from his peak is worse this season.

I enjoyed watching Laveon Bell play football in 2014 maybe as much as any football player I have ever seen. I was saddened 2 seasons ago when I realized that version of Bell was taken away and we would never see it again. I posted 2 seasons ago that I could see a difference... that he had lost something. It's worse now.

A DC that wants to stop the run is not equal to fearing the RB.

How do you propose we take advantage of Bell? He's sluggish out in space in the passing game. The Patriots role playing RB's are better out in space in the passing game than Bell. We ran the football effectively vs Ravens... Bell was good but not great running the football in that game. But our golfer OC and useless or worse HC (when it comes to offense) did not want to attack vertically when we did throw the football in that game. You take advantage of a running game that's working by throwing the football vertically down the field.

Bryant has fallen off a cliff. Part of it is coaching IMO, and part of it is Bryant.

You and I agree that Bradshaw should be ranked ahead of Ben... at least to this point in Ben's career. There is still time for Ben to change that but it's not looking good right now.

On Ben... I don't know what he is at this point. Not sure what level of play he is capable of. I don't trust our OC or HC to get the most out of him which makes it difficult to assess.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:19 pm 

Discretion prevents me from commenting on 2 dozen other relevant topics. Herein there is a fundamental that applies to every well run organization, team, entity: the sum is greater than its parts. A healthy EBITDA, a winning record, a dividend payout; whatever. It's not a preposterous assumption that this roster has above-average to very good talent yet the team is clearly performing at a level below the sum total of its parts. This is a direct reflection on management from the top down to the assistant coaches. Like an iceberg the fans and the public only see a segment of what's really going on with this team, organization and League but even with all of these existing conditions there are teams still performing well rewarding the fans and playing a good brand of football. Today the Steelers are not one of those teams

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:21 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Not necessarily agreeing with Chicago....who as I remember is a Boston University alum as is my son....but reminds me of a post I authored back in '08 that resulted in one of my bannings from this esteemed website. It was entitled..."Sacred Fuckin' Cows of Steelerfury.com." The named Sacred Fuckin' Cows in that piece were Ben, Tomlin & FWP.

Swiss, sacred cows? Show me anywhere in my post quoted above that I am defending Roethlisberger. I am not. Simply pointing out that the current version Steelers offense isn’t loaded with all these amazing weapons that the fan base thinks that it has.
AB...still a top 3 WR, but is he having the impact that we need from a top 3 WR?
Lev “Show Me The Money” Bell...Best RB in the league? In 2017? :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe top 15...maybe!
TEs...JAG, JAG, less than JAG.
Martavis...Exactly what he was in college. An inconsistent bonehead. Not a player to count on when needed.
JuJu...a rookie with potential, but a rookie with potential.
Eli, Hunter, DHB...hello, welcome to Walmart.
So, right now, in 2017, where are all these amazing weapons? But of course, Steelers fanboys will rant on and on about all the offensive talent they are lining up, I just don’t see it.
So as an offensive group...decent, but not great skill talent, an offensive line that seems to have taken a step(or two) back, a QB on the down side of his career, the worst OC in the league...

Swiss, I don’t have sacred cows...don’t put players on pedestals. I don’t care about pro bowls, all pro, HoF. I’m a Steelers fan. I know for the Steelers to win games and championships, the players have to play well, particularly the QB. I know if he doesn’t start playing better, the Steelers have no chance of winning. I’m not sure that it’s in him at this point. He may very well be done. When you talk retirement, you probably should retire. And when he does, maybe after this season, just like any other ex-Steeler, I won’t give a tiny rats ass over anything he says or does.
So nope...no sacred cows in this house...

Sorry Jobus....I didn't mean to suggest any intent on your part. The convo, and more specifically, Chicago's response, had me remembering the post I put up 9 years ago....that's all.

No problem, Swiss...just wanted to make myself clear.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:42 pm 

Old School Steeler wrote:
Discretion prevents me from commenting on 2 dozen other relevant topics. Herein there is a fundamental that applies to every well run organization, team, entity: the sum is greater than its parts. A healthy EBITDA, a winning record, a dividend payout; whatever. It's not a preposterous assumption that this roster has above-average to very good talent yet the team is clearly performing at a level below the sum total of its parts. This is a direct reflection on management from the top down to the assistant coaches. Like an iceberg the fans and the public only see a segment of what's really going on with this team, organization and League but even with all of these existing conditions there are teams still performing well rewarding the fans and playing a good brand of football. Today the Steelers are not one of those teams

Very well said oss

I feel with Dan now gone.....the often rudderless coaching ship has a major leak in 5 compartments coupled with the FO just reeling.

Ar2 with his teamspeak is doing what he can to keep the curtain closed in order to keep that cash register ringing. Best to cloak the true organizational problems as best you can. There are a dozen other teams like this

This team is flat out bad

Last edited by BethlehemSteel on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:44 pm 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:
He has the greatest group of skill players (sans superstar TE) in the league.

Biggest load of Steelers fanboy bullshit out there. Not even close!

I don't know what a "Jobus Rum" is.

But I actually like your posts motherfucker. You seem like a good guy. I'm being sincere. But now that you drew first blood, I'm gonna BUST YOUR BALLS.. 8-)

Not even close huh? He has the best WR and RB in the league. Okay..you don't agree? So maybe the SECOND best WR and RB in the league. Happy now?

Under Brady these guys would be HOF'ers already. Under Rodgers too. Under Brees. Under Peyton a few years ago...

Stop proverbially sucking Ben's gray dick and see the light.

His offense line is very good. His #1 WR and #1 RB are either the best in the league or a very close 2nd. Where's the bullshit you speak concubine of Ben?

And while we are reflecting ask yourself...why are you so committed to a man who doesn't give a flying fuck about you? Maybe you're young. If you are, disregard. But if you are over 35, wtf..that's just sad.

Historically, I think Ben isn't the best QB in franchise history (Hello depressed Terry). As of today, he isn't even the best QB in Pennsylvania.

The Cult of Ben is a fucked up crew. This isn't "Roethlisbergerfury". This is "Steelerfury". The organization matters far more than any cog in the machine. You guys are slaves to the cult of personality.

If the entire team was cut...and replaced...by 53 new guys....who won the SB....I could give a fuck about the old guard.

The only fanboy here is you...who has a 12 year old, middle-schooler, creepy man crush...on an....entertainer :roll:

But I got nothin' but love for you Jobus...Rum...Jobus Rum....what the fuck is a Jobus Rum again? :lol:

1) It is possible for someone to not think Ben is the major source of our offensive woes without being a Ben cult following fanboy.

2) Do you seriously not know where Jobus Rum comes from? Never seen Major League???

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:45 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
ChicagoSteel wrote:

Woah, dude, that's a major league insult.

;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:52 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
1) It is possible for someone to not think Ben is the major source of our offensive woes without being a Ben cult following fanboy.

No. The city and fans have always placed 10X as much blame on the QB.

Personally, I think it will be ugly after Ben is done....and we'll be debating whether Tomlin wasted his talent or etc, etc....But I'm pretty sure we won't be debating about good football or what the team needs to do to contend.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:26 am 

Havoc wrote:
On Ben... I don't know what he is at this point. Not sure what level of play he is capable of. I don't trust our OC or HC to get the most out of him which makes it difficult to assess.

I'm amending this statement.

I remember a time when a deflection was a deflection and a receiver falling down was a receiver falling down. It was chalked up as a shit sandwich and we moved on. We didn't blame the qb or the wr.

Some people don't want to watch Tunch's breakdown of 4 int's.

Ben lost his elusiveness but that is not new for this season. The only difference I can really see is his release might be a little slower.

Ben can probably still play at a high level in the right system. Haley turned Ben into a pedestrian qb his first 2 years here so pedestrian Ben under golfer Todd under Tomlin's watch is not something new.

Forcing the football to AB is not new either. We've done it for years. Occasionally it bites us but sometimes we get big plays. I doubt we are winning the Lombardi this season with a ps run void of any key plays that were "forced" to AB.

Saying this again...

Ben can probably still play at a high level in the right system.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next