It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryant might be a healthy scratch this week.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:34 pm 
Kodiak wrote:
R S wrote:
Bryant does not seem like the type of guy that will day a benching "wake up" call well. I could see this turning into a Lawrence Timmons awol thing very easily. Take note of how pissed Bryant got when Ben criticized him and when they drafted a WR. I fully expect him to throw a tantrum.

Maybe we just need to accept that the organizational philosophy is to "ease into" the season, and build toward the playoffs. The only goal is to win the AFCN and get a home playoff game....seeding is clearly not a priority.

True

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:33 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Maybe we just need to accept that the organizational philosophy is to "ease into" the season, and build toward the playoffs.

I agree with this. Seems to have been the case back through Cowher's tenure.

Kodiak wrote:
The only goal is to win the AFCN and get a home playoff game....seeding is clearly not a priority.

Disagree with this. We've seen a number of 3-2-like starts to seasons turn into having a bye for the playoffs, again, back through Cowher's tenure and Tomlin's. I think the Steelers believe it's better to be playing your best football in December and January. That does not translate into not caring about seeding. 3-2 can and has turned into a bye for the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:53 am 

Quote:
"I know I'm not producing like I did two years ago," said Bryant after Wednesday's practice in preparation for the Steelers' trip to the undefeated Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. "But it's gonna come. I'm not running from it. Just trying to get better and learn from it." http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... gonna-come
Like to see it start this Sunday Martavis.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:44 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Maybe we just need to accept that the organizational philosophy is to "ease into" the season, and build toward the playoffs.

I agree with this. Seems to have been the case back through Cowher's tenure.

Kodiak wrote:
The only goal is to win the AFCN and get a home playoff game....seeding is clearly not a priority.

Disagree with this. We've seen a number of 3-2-like starts to seasons turn into having a bye for the playoffs, again, back through Cowher's tenure and Tomlin's. I think the Steelers believe it's better to be playing your best football in December and January. That does not translate into not caring about seeding. 3-2 can and has turned into a bye for the playoffs.

Finally a Man who remembers the recent past.

Posters here act as if we were a juggernaut during Cowher and Tomlin's tenure. If you think so, you have no idea what a juggernaut is.

We were ONLY a juggernaut under NOLL. Never before. Never AGAIN. You see what Brady and Belicheat are? Mulitply that by 10...because the competition...Madden and the Raiders....Landry and the Cowboys....Grant and the Vikings...LOOK THEM UP. We beat teams LOADED with HOF'ers.

Under Cowher and Tomlin...we only beat forgettable and flawed teams. Youtube a Cowher game. I dare you to stay awake for more than 10 minutes...

So wtf are you idiots aspiring too? Cowher and Tomlin's teams are not juggernauts....the current equivalent are the Cheatriots...and as someone who fucking hated the 8 years he lived in Boston amongst those inbred numbskulls, that is painful to admit.

Expecting Noll from Tomlin is unrealistic....what I find curious is no one called for Cowher's head when it was clear he was no Noll. Hmmmm...I wonder why that is....what could possibly be the difference between the two?

I wonder.... :roll:

Cowher built a knuckle dragging team based on testosterone and a collective IQ of 12. As the years past, fewer and fewer of us remember what it was to root for a team for the ages. Lower your expectations....under Cowher or Tomlin...or any other coach not from Foxborough....no one has a chance to be a dynasty.

The Steeler Way since Noll retired hasn't been one of Dominance or Innovation. It has been one of grinding out wins and being physical. Those are antiquated notions in the today's NFL....and unfortunately Tomlin still lives in the past judging by how hard Shazier, Mitchelll, and Heyward try to lower the boom.

The whole league, with the exceptions of Eli Manning and the Giants, have been Belicheat's bitch since 2001. I fucking HATE BOSTON. But unlike most here, I got to give them their due...cheaters or not...they have been whipping our asses for 16 years.

So....I guess all you whiners....are subliminally wishing for Belicheat....to be your coach...right? Because Tomlin and Cowher are who they are....one of the many coaches unable to defeat Belicheat when it mattered.

Aside from Eli. Aside from Coughlin. Aside from the NY Giants. This is why I think Eli should be inducted into Canton before Ben. Ben was New England's bitch. Eli was their master.

Or maybe I'm just imagining the past.... 8-)

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:03 am 

Unless I'm wrong...we haven't had a bye in 8+ years....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:44 pm 

Hey Chicago. What do you think the poster FC, name stands for? It's FuckCowher. There were PLENTY calling for Cowhers head after multiple losses in AFCCG. I think LynchCowher was also a prominent poster in those days, along with FireCowher. So you're full of shit. I also imagine Tomlin having Ben his entire tenure means nothing to you. I seriously believe that, but you'd be wrong there too. And enough with the race baiting bullshit. Is Haley getting a pass from the esteemed board?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:04 pm 

R S wrote:
Hey Chicago. What do you think the poster FC, name stands for? It's FuckCowher. There were PLENTY calling for Cowhers head after multiple losses in AFCCG. I think LynchCowher was also a prominent poster in those days, along with FireCowher. So you're full of shit. I also imagine Tomlin having Ben his entire tenure means nothing to you. I seriously believe that, but you'd be wrong there too. And enough with the race baiting bullshit. Is Haley getting a pass from the esteemed board?

Why I've proudly sported my avatar for over a year.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:08 pm 

R S wrote:

KC = KillCowher

No one here was heartbroken when Cowher stepped down....particularly after he slept walked through his final season.

Tomlin is very much like Cowher....both are full of shit in different ways.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:16 pm 

Cowher should be in the HOF and Tomlin's first 10 years are on a HOF trajectory.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:23 pm 

R S wrote:

And don't forget KC -- that doesn't stand for "Kansas City"

This board, and the prior board, mostly fucking hated Cowher -- very similar to Tomlin.

We were definitely spoiled with Noll and the innovations he was constantly trying.

Steelers have become boring and predictable over the years.

We are way behind on analytics. Belicheat is way way ahead. He has a damn rocket scientist running his defense, not an ex-NFL with rocks for brains. Belicheat is playing chess and everyone else has been playing checkers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next