It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryant might be a healthy scratch this week.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 pm 

Noll was not very popular either his last several years (game has passed him by, etc.)

Us Steeler fans are spoiled- we've had three of the best coaches in football history, warts and all. A lot of franchises would kill for the pedigree we've had.

Yes Tomlin drives me mad sometimes but perspective is important.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:28 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
No one here was heartbroken when Cowher stepped down....particularly after he slept walked through his final season.

I was sorry to see him go. I liked him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
Noll was not very popular either his last several years (game has passed him by, etc.)

Us Steeler fans are spoiled- we've had three of the best coaches in football history, warts and all. A lot of franchises would kill for the pedigree we've had.

And what's the perspective to which you refer?

Noll....one of the best ever.

Cowher/Tomlin both have enough dumbfuckedness that more than offsets their positives.
*Cowher all fire & spittle that masks his considerable weaknesses
*Tomlin with an exceedingly well-developed line of bullshit that masks his considerable weaknesses

Neither of these fucks could beat Bill Belichick when it really counted. Both won Super Bowls when someone else either knocked Belichick's team out of the playoffs or when Tom Brady broke his fuckin' leg.

Best coaches in football history??? Gimme a fuckin' break!! What game have you been watching??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:48 am 

R S wrote:
I also imagine Tomlin having Ben his entire tenure means nothing to you. I seriously believe that, but you'd be wrong there too. And enough with the race baiting bullshit.

He probably thinks Korkie was a better QB. Gee, I wonder why that is?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:40 am 

Kodiak wrote:
R S wrote:
I also imagine Tomlin having Ben his entire tenure means nothing to you. I seriously believe that, but you'd be wrong there too. And enough with the race baiting bullshit.

He probably thinks Korkie was a better QB. Gee, I wonder why that is?

Put another way, there is a certain segment of Steelers fans that hate Tomlin solely (or primarily) because he is black. There is also a segment of fans that love him solely (or primarily) because he is black. The biggest difference is the latter accuse all detractors of Tomlin of being racist.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:19 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

Cowher/Tomlin both have enough dumbfuckedness that more than offsets their positives.
*Tomlin with an exceedingly well-developed line of bullshit that masks his considerable weaknesses

Neither of these fucks could beat Bill Belichick when it really counted. Both won Super Bowls when someone else either knocked Belichick's team out of the playoffs or when Tom Brady broke his fuckin' leg.

Best coaches in football history??? Gimme a fuckin' break!! What game have you been watching??

Did Splat REALLY call Cowher and Tomlin among the best coaches in football history?

HOLY FUCK, WHAT A FUCKING IMBECILE!

LOL!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:23 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

Since you bring up the Patriots, who were their two best coaches other than Bellicheat? Were those two guys better than Cowher or Tomlin? Any of them win rings? Perspective.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:27 pm 

Ice wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

Since you bring up the Patriots, who were their two best coaches other than Bellicheat? Were those two guys better than Cowher or Tomlin? Any of them win rings? Perspective.

Tom Flores won two rings. Is he among the best coaches in football history? Plenty of coaches have won a ring that wouldn't qualify as one of the best in history...and several of them I would take over either Cowher or Tomlin. Then, of course, there's the guys that won more than one. Yeah....perspective.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:28 pm 

Flores won a Super Bowl in New England?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm 

Ice wrote:
Flores won a Super Bowl in New England?

Doesn't matter....I'm responding to the biz about "best coaches in football history." And pointing out that, even though these two (Tomlin/Cowher) each won a Super Bowl, neither was able to beat Bill Belichick in a game that truly counted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next