It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 120  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8133
We need to start using MacDonald in the seam more. I don’t understand why they aren’t, other than Tomley being an idiot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9223
KC wrote:
I don't think his heart's in it anymore and that showed in his waffling about retirement and obviously, his lack of preparation.

Ben's writing checks his body can't cash. Not sure he's on fumes yet, but he might be getting close.


Man, he sure did earn a lot not to get himself in peak physical shape, though. But who knows. The guy is a fucking warrior. For all we know he is in a lot pain all the time.

I don't care how bad he gets. It won't erase Ben being one of the all time greats. They ought to hang a pair of bronze testicles where his bust would otherwise be in the hall of fame.

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 3798
Man Burns almost ended up as the goat but we win just wish we could punch in a td when we are inside the 10


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 10300
Still Lit wrote:
KC wrote:
I don't think his heart's in it anymore and that showed in his waffling about retirement and obviously, his lack of preparation.

Ben's writing checks his body can't cash. Not sure he's on fumes yet, but he might be getting close.


Man, he sure did earn a lot not to get himself in peak physical shape, though. But who knows. The guy is a fucking warrior. For all we know he is in a lot pain all the time.

I don't care how bad he gets. It won't erase Ben being one of the all time greats. They ought to hang a pair of bronze testicles where his bust would otherwise be in the hall of fame.


Ben's my all-time favorite Steeler QB and that's saying a lot. I saw the entirety of Terry Bradshaw's career and he's a God to me.

I worship Roethlisberger and we'll never see another guy like him in Pittsburgh.

That said, this is a different Ben. Been saying it all year, he'll have a few games that wow us this season, but that really special guy is nearly gone.

He's really laboring out there.

_________________
randomsteelerfan wrote:
I’m going with pre-ejaculate, probably younger.

I'll bet you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 3797
steelmann58 wrote:
Man Burns almost ended up as the goat but we win just wish we could punch in a td when we are inside the 10


The offense was fun to watch in the first half except not enough TD's.

We have to find a RZ solution.

We have to keep the foot on the gas for 4 quarters or until we have a huge lead in the 2nd half.

I don't know if either of those is going to happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4109
KC wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
KC wrote:
A 50 yarder in today's NFL isn't exactly some sort of special attempt.


But it is for Boswell. And it is for Tomlin.


We'll agree to disagree. Boswell has plenty of leg for a 50 yarder and punting there would have been moronic.

No matter how you slice it, rookie mistake to take a sack there. Ben was better than he was vs. the Jags, but very little of what he did was impressive.

Shell of the old Ben, at this point, as Lit pointed out.


But still an impressive outing, playing away AT KC, not home like Jags. Really loud too. Impossible to hear at the LOS - very tough environment to play in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 3798
i agree not sure why we did not run down there or use the TE or try watson?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 10300
steel wrote:
But still an impressive outing, playing away AT KC, not home like Jags. Really loud too. Impossible to hear at the LOS - very tough environment to play in.


Always impressive to win in KC but Ben wasn't anything special.

We're all used to seeing him do special things. They don't happen very often anymore.

_________________
randomsteelerfan wrote:
I’m going with pre-ejaculate, probably younger.

I'll bet you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 10300
steelmann58 wrote:
i agree not sure why we did not run down there or use the TE or try watson?


Watson's a fucking hammer who hasn't been stopped once this year in short yardage.

So what do we do at the goal line? We have Ben in the shotgun and try a delayed hand off to Bell.

After throwing on first down.

_________________
randomsteelerfan wrote:
I’m going with pre-ejaculate, probably younger.

I'll bet you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 3798
yes totally lost my mind when they used that formation unreal how they can't score a td down there


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 120  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], GreenwoodsGoldShoes and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group