It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:06 am 

I agree can't force the deep balls take what the d gives you and hope they break one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:53 am 

Why is it accepted as a fact that Ben doesn't work out in the offseason and that he doesn't study?

Whatever.

I think Ben and offense left some plays on the field, which is actually a good thing when you can still say you won and when you can still point to obvious signs of improvement in both approach and execution. Bet you Ben looks a whole lot less "rusty" and "average" if they get into the flow of the passing game and use of the middle of the field.

Yesterday was exhibit A of what's been missing from the Steelers offensive plan: better run blocking, better protection, better flow for the RB, use of the intermediate middle, spreading the ball around.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:28 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Why is it accepted as a fact that Ben doesn't work out in the offseason and that he doesn't study?

Whatever.

I think Ben and offense left some plays on the field, which is actually a good thing when you can still say you won and when you can still point to obvious signs of improvement in both approach and execution. Bet you Ben looks a whole lot less "rusty" and "average" if they get into the flow of the passing game and use of the middle of the field.

Yesterday was exhibit A of what's been missing from the Steelers offensive plan: better run blocking, better protection, better flow for the RB, use of the intermediate middle, spreading the ball around.

Brady is 40, Bree's is 38 and Ben 35. Based at looking at their physical appearance, body composition, and movement of the three which one is least conditioned?? I will answer it for you the youngest guy (youngest by a long shot). The other two prove that if you eat right and train hard you can extend your career at least in Brady's case by 5 years. Even if you postulate that Ben has a different body composition, taller, thicker etc, which I will agree has some validity, the gap would not be so wide and when you factor he is a lot younger that makes it harder to swallow. I think Ben is actually now starting to get in shape hence his performance is improving.

Look I am past getting upset about it like I did 2 and 3 years ago. It is what it is but dont tell me Ben works out hard, or shows restraint at the buffet table, in the off season, his body and ability to move say no. If he did he could have at least 2 more really productive years after this one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:32 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Is Antonio Brown a total moron?

comes from Tomlin and trickles down..stupid selfish undisciplined underpreparedteam..these are the adjectives that come to mind with a tomlin coached team

I know you said this in the heat of the moment, but that was one helluva prepared team today, They seriously outcoached the Chiefs today. Marvelous scouting and adjustments.

yes it was in the heat of the moment but even in Tomlins very good days which yesterdays game was there still is a lack of attention to details, undisciplined play questionable gut inspired decisions etc..these are hallmarks of Tomlins teams

Last edited by GreekSteel on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:44 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Because it's obvious he doesn't?

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:07 am 

Stinger8 wrote:
treat88 wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
If you think Ben has had only a near HOF career.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ben had a great first half. They attacked the middle of the field, and made a lot of hay. Only like what we all were talking about. In the second half, complete turtle ball.

It's still in question man. He needs to go out on a high note to seal the deal.

Ben is 9th in career passing yards and will, barring injury pass Warren Moon this year into 8th. Rivers is behind Ben by approx 1,000 yards and if Ben retires at years end, which I believe will happen and Rivers plays, which I believe will happen he will pass #7 for 8th. If being the 9th best all time passer in yards makes you a questionable HOFer than I have no idea what you have to do to get inducted. No brainer he is in. Ergo I guess what I am also saying is that Rivers will get in too??? :shock: :shock: :o :o :o

And also ergo, Eli is just as much as a lock as Ben?

I don't know man, I don't see either Rivers or E.Manning as HoF caliber players. IMO, he's a clear step ahead of them, but statistically Ben is right in their range. Give him a 3rd SB ring and he's a lock. Absent MVP's, SB MVP's, OPOYs, leading the league in passing stats (TDs, or yards) multiple years, he's borderline IMO. Having watched the guys career, I'd put him in. The way the voting gos I'd be surprised with a first ballot entry. Ultimately if nothing changes I think he will have to wait a few years to get in once eligible, but I'd be very happy to be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:08 am 

None of us are there in March and April to know exactly what Ben is doing to prepare. We are just guessing at this point.

The issue to longevity in my opinion is not so much conditioning (a contributing factor but not the key one) but rather how many hits have you had in your career. Up in New England, I can remember maybe ONE mediocre offensive line in 17 years. Otherwise, Brady's olines have been terrific. He's barely touched and the scheme has helped him a ton. He also goes fetal quicker than other QBs so on that point you can certainly blame Ben for trying to make plays and take shots.

Now, let's compare that to Ben. Roethlisberger enjoyed a nice offensive line his first couple seasons. After that, he was beaten to a pulp. It's a minor miracle he won a Super Bowl with the likes of Darnell Stapleton blocking for him. I'm not sure we really appreciate what a feat that was. Even behind this so-called "amazing" 2017 offensive line, he's taking more shots this year because AV and Hubbard have been bad.

It's foolish to think those shots don't take a toll and that you can just do P90x all summer and make up for that. I guarantee you...if Brady had Ben's offensive lines from about 2006 to 2015, he'd be out of the league. No way he survives that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Whatever.

Oh everyone agrees he works out. The disagreement is over whether his workouts are a fucking joke compared to what other QBs do to be in the best physical shape for their particular position. Ben has two fucking chins. He doesn't need to look like Bell or AB but come on B2B. You can't possibly think Ben does everything he can to be in peak possible shape. At his age and with his wear he needs to.

The notion that longevity has nothing to do with conditioning strikes me as utterly absurd.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:20 am 

It’s funny to me that Ben’s worst pass yesterday ended up going for 50 yards and a TD. Man if you were a Chiefs fan you would be saying WTF.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:22 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Whatever.

Haley sent Mcdonald deep and it helped open things up. That incomplete pass they missed in 1st half set up big goal line pass to get Steelers out of jail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next