It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ref. Season # 6: Steelers @ Chiefs Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:31 am 

franco32 wrote:
None of us are there in March and April to know exactly what Ben is doing to prepare. We are just guessing at this point.

The issue to longevity in my opinion is not so much conditioning (a contributing factor but not the key one) but rather how many hits have you had in your career. Up in New England, I can remember maybe ONE mediocre offensive line in 17 years. Otherwise, Brady's olines have been terrific. He's barely touched and the scheme has helped him a ton. He also goes fetal quicker than other QBs so on that point you can certainly blame Ben for trying to make plays and take shots.

Now, let's compare that to Ben. Roethlisberger enjoyed a nice offensive line his first couple seasons. After that, he was beaten to a pulp. It's a minor miracle he won a Super Bowl with the likes of Darnell Stapleton blocking for him. I'm not sure we really appreciate what a feat that was. Even behind this so-called "amazing" 2017 offensive line, he's taking more shots this year because AV and Hubbard have been bad.

It's foolish to think those shots don't take a toll and that you can just do P90x all summer and make up for that. I guarantee you...if Brady had Ben's offensive lines from about 2006 to 2015, he'd be out of the league. No way he survives that.

Ok I went to a web site to calculate is body mass index. I assume he is 6'5 and 265, that gives him a BMI of 32, which classifies him as obese. I guarantee you if he did PX90 all summer he would not be 265 ( in my opinion probably weighs more). The issue we are debating is does he do the work in the off season NOT how many hits he has taken. Does he do the work?? If he did he would not be "obese". Start a new thread on the hits that is another topic.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:51 am 

BMI is a pretty horrible way to measure athletes' fitness. They're all pretty much over 30.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:58 am 

Ice wrote:
BMI is a pretty horrible way to measure athletes' fitness. They're all pretty much over 30.

I agree its not the best but arguing our guy does the work or we dont know if he does or doesn't in the off season and/or its not important is fallacious. It is obvious he is on cruise control so accept it and hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:59 am 

Does anybody have a vid of Bell being held in the end zone?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:01 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:
Ice wrote:

I agree its not the best but arguing our guy does the work or we dont know if he does or doesn't in the off season and/or its not important is fallacious. It is obvious he is on cruise control so accept it and hope for the best.

Antonio Brown's BMI of 27.3 isn't far short of obese, for instance, and we all know what an undisciplined, unconscionable fatty AB is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:06 pm 

BMI? I don't care. I do care offense missed chance to skull fuck the Chefs. AB sitting down on slant was reason S.Holmes drove me to distraction. AB runs proper route and he is off to races deep in Chefs territory. AB sitting in end zone on 3rd and goal alone like he was in a leper colony? Yeah that had f all to do with BMI and everything to do with Ben getting tunnel vision on Bell. Decastro ticky tack hold? Maybe if Ben had less BMI he could've combo blocked and prevented hold? Bell not lowering shoulder on 3rd and 10 and allowing shitty KC safety to stop him short? I get it if Ben had less BMI he could blocked him...after he threw the pass. AB & Ju Ju playing this week's version of "free points for opponents?" Ben's excess weight on bench caused field to tilt?

Ben made one truly poor throw all game: AB made it into a 51 yard TD. Ben's decision making wasn't great but he showed more on road in hostile zoo that is KC than he has all season. His throw to AB in middle of field? To Ju Ju in tight as fuck window on 3rd down? His throw to McD on goaline? That is what we expect and he delivered. The slice of luck? FFS given Jags had x 2 Int TD off tipped balls (barely tipped at that) I'm not going caterwaul about some luck Steelers fucking merited.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:12 pm 

steelclan wrote:
His throw to McD on goaline?
Yeah. That one was perfectly placed. With touch. But wtf? the throw that turned into a TD could have easily been intercepted. It should have. I'll bet the defender is working the juggs machine this week. It was a bad decision, but how many QB's are perfect with every throw?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
steelclan wrote:
His throw to McD on goaline?
Yeah. That one was perfectly placed. With touch. But wtf? the throw that turned into a TD could have easily been intercepted. It should have. I'll bet the defender is working the juggs machine this week. It was a bad decision, but how many QB's are perfect with every throw?

As I noted luck is swings and roundabouts. Steelers have had some real shit luck in Bears and Jags games. They had one lucky play v Chefs and boat load of missed chances that should've put game away long before that luck came.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:26 pm 

steelclan wrote:
BMI? I don't care. I do care offense missed chance to skull fuck the Chefs. AB sitting down on slant was reason S.Holmes drove me to distraction. AB runs proper route and he is off to races deep in Chefs territory. AB sitting in end zone on 3rd and goal alone like he was in a leper colony? Yeah that had f all to do with BMI and everything to do with Ben getting tunnel vision on Bell. Decastro ticky tack hold? Maybe if Ben had less BMI he could've combo blocked and prevented hold? Bell not lowering shoulder on 3rd and 10 and allowing shitty KC safety to stop him short? I get it if Ben had less BMI he could blocked him...after he threw the pass. AB & Ju Ju playing this week's version of "free points for opponents?" Ben's excess weight on bench caused field to tilt?

Ben made one truly poor throw all game: AB made it into a 51 yard TD. Ben's decision making wasn't great but he showed more on road in hostile zoo that is KC than he has all season. His throw to AB in middle of field? To Ju Ju in tight as fuck window on 3rd down? His throw to McD on goaline? That is what we expect and he delivered. The slice of luck? FFS given Jags had x 2 Int TD off tipped balls (barely tipped at that) I'm not going caterwaul about some luck Steelers fucking merited.

Bell kicked out and had Justin Houston covering him. Ben did and should go to Bell there every day all day just like every other QB in their right mind would and the ref missed a DPI on Houston as bell got held up by the hip.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:28 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
steelclan wrote:

Bell kicked out and had Justin Houston covering him. Ben did and should go to Bell there every day all day just like every other QB in their right mind would and the ref missed a DPI on Houston as bell got held up by the hip.

AB had grass covering him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120  Next