It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 7983
TB wrote:
955876 wrote:
Didn’t he catch a pretty big third down pass against Baltimore rookie year in playoffs?




Beautiful pass, too. Sure hope we get to see a few more of those. Too many people kidding themselves Ben is not off.

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13893
Still Lit wrote:
TB wrote:
955876 wrote:
Didn’t he catch a pretty big third down pass against Baltimore rookie year in playoffs?




Beautiful pass, too. Sure hope we get to see a few more of those. Too many people kidding themselves Ben is not off.

Interceptions and long pass plays take 11 players. It did in that clip from the past, and it does vs. Jacksonville.

The WR has to run through the route and not coast.
Each receiver has to run routes that manipulate the coverage.
Backs and or TEs have to chip or pick up blitzing defenders.
The OL has to provide room to step into the throw.
The throw has to be on time and have the right arc and distance.

We have literally had small issues with every one of those this year-- but as Tony Romo said, it's all been thisclose. All of it has to work. If Bryant runs through his route in Chicago and Ben/Bryant are on the same page re: inside or outside the CB on deep route vs Jacksonville, then we're talking about how great the Steelers' deep game is.

It's just like Red Zone-- erase a penalty here, add a DPI there, catch a ball here, call a better play there, make one more great throw-- you go from shithouse to penthouse.

The entire NFL is separated by a razor-thin margin right now. The Steelers aren't even playing on all cylinders right now and are pretty much inarguably top 3... at least top 5. Considering what they just did to KC's offense, you could make a case that no team is better so far.

On the other hand, they could be 2-4 just as easily. The difference in basically every game is a couple of plays/bounces/calls here and there.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 7983
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Beautiful pass, too. Sure hope we get to see a few more of those. Too many people kidding themselves Ben is not off.

Interceptions and long pass plays take 11 players. It did in that clip from the past, and it does vs. Jacksonville.

The WR has to run through the route and not coast.
Each receiver has to run routes that manipulate the coverage.
Backs and or TEs have to chip or pick up blitzing defenders.
The OL has to provide room to step into the throw.
The throw has to be on time and have the right arc and distance.

We have literally had small issues with every one of those this year-- but as Tony Romo said, it's all been thisclose. All of it has to work. If Bryant runs through his route in Chicago and Ben/Bryant are on the same page re: inside or outside the CB on deep route vs Jacksonville, then we're talking about how great the Steelers' deep game is.

It's just like Red Zone-- erase a penalty here, add a DPI there, catch a ball here, call a better play there, make one more great throw-- you go from shithouse to penthouse.

The entire NFL is separated by a razor-thin margin right now. The Steelers aren't even playing on all cylinders right now and are pretty much inarguably top 3... at least top 5. Considering what they just did to KC's offense, you could make a case that no team is better so far.

On the other hand, they could be 2-4 just as easily. The difference in basically every game is a couple of plays/bounces/calls here and there.


I agree with all of this and none of it is incomnensurate with my post to which it responds.

Ben looked WAY better vs KC. Except for that utterly shit pass to the defender's helmet that AB intercepted.

And we beat Chicago not only if MB does not Dog his route but if Ben does not miss a walk in TD to MB later in the game. Ben's long ball has been off. Hope it's back on track now.

QBs get too much credit and too much blame.

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 6871
^

And on ABs interception-touchdown, he was open, but the ball was late, underthrown and didn’t have the zip it needed.

I think the safety would have easily tackled AB if the pass was where I’d needed to be. Big gain, first down, not a TD.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1246
Cam seems to think it was a pretty good play by AB

Image

Personally I think if AB can play out his career with good QB behind him, he’ll go down as the best to ever play the position.

_________________
Three's a charm. #StanleyCup
-- Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) June 12, 2017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5047
I get a kick out of the dumfounded looks on the faces in the stands.

"Wut the fuck just happened?"

Fuckin' excellent.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 3556
Still Lit wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Beautiful pass, too. Sure hope we get to see a few more of those. Too many people kidding themselves Ben is not off.

Interceptions and long pass plays take 11 players. It did in that clip from the past, and it does vs. Jacksonville.

The WR has to run through the route and not coast.
Each receiver has to run routes that manipulate the coverage.
Backs and or TEs have to chip or pick up blitzing defenders.
The OL has to provide room to step into the throw.
The throw has to be on time and have the right arc and distance.

We have literally had small issues with every one of those this year-- but as Tony Romo said, it's all been thisclose. All of it has to work. If Bryant runs through his route in Chicago and Ben/Bryant are on the same page re: inside or outside the CB on deep route vs Jacksonville, then we're talking about how great the Steelers' deep game is.

It's just like Red Zone-- erase a penalty here, add a DPI there, catch a ball here, call a better play there, make one more great throw-- you go from shithouse to penthouse.

The entire NFL is separated by a razor-thin margin right now. The Steelers aren't even playing on all cylinders right now and are pretty much inarguably top 3... at least top 5. Considering what they just did to KC's offense, you could make a case that no team is better so far.

On the other hand, they could be 2-4 just as easily. The difference in basically every game is a couple of plays/bounces/calls here and there.


I agree with all of this and none of it is incomnensurate with my post to which it responds.

Ben looked WAY better vs KC. Except for that utterly shit pass to the defender's helmet that AB intercepted.

And we beat Chicago not only if MB does not Dog his route but if Ben does not miss a walk in TD to MB later in the game. Ben's long ball has been off. Hope it's back on track now.

QBs get too much credit and too much blame.


What should have happened did. Ben looked way better because he got way better opportunities. Exactly as I and others predicted would probably happen.

In basketball...

A shooter is having a so called "poor" shooting night. Get him open looks in areas of the floor where he excels and his shooting often comes alive.

Ben came alive in the first half due to open looks in the mid range middle of the field.

Not taking a shot at you here Lit....

Many don't understand just how badly these coaches are fucking it up for this team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5047
Havoc wrote:
What should have happened did. Ben looked way better because he got way better opportunities. Exactly as I and others predicted would probably happen.

In basketball...

A shooter is having a so called "poor" shooting night. Get him open looks in areas of the floor where he excels and his shooting often comes alive.

Ben came alive in the first half due to open looks in the mid range middle of the field.

Not taking a shot at you here Lit....

Many don't understand just how badly these coaches are fucking it up for this team.
I don't disagree with what you're saying. But the biggest difference is that basketball has 82 games. Getting your shooting motion back on track is easier, and game situations allow you to acclimate or make adjustments over the course of a few games. It's psychological more than muscle memory. You don't have that luxury in football. Getting the 'looks' or not is moot.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 3556
COR-TEN wrote:
Havoc wrote:
What should have happened did. Ben looked way better because he got way better opportunities. Exactly as I and others predicted would probably happen.

In basketball...

A shooter is having a so called "poor" shooting night. Get him open looks in areas of the floor where he excels and his shooting often comes alive.

Ben came alive in the first half due to open looks in the mid range middle of the field.

Not taking a shot at you here Lit....

Many don't understand just how badly these coaches are fucking it up for this team.
I don't disagree with what you're saying. But the biggest difference is that basketball has 82 games. Getting your shooting motion back on track is easier, and game situations allow you to acclimate or make adjustments over the course of a few games. It's psychological more than muscle memory. You don't have that luxury in football. Getting the 'looks' or not is moot.


You put your players in basketball and football in situations where they excel. Noone better at this currently in the league than Belichick.

Great defense causes shooting percentages to do down. Open looks cause shooting percentages to go up.

Ben excels throwing the football mid range middle of the field. Always has. It is coaching dumbfuckery to not give him regular opportunities there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5047
Havoc wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Havoc wrote:
What should have happened did. Ben looked way better because he got way better opportunities. Exactly as I and others predicted would probably happen.

In basketball...

A shooter is having a so called "poor" shooting night. Get him open looks in areas of the floor where he excels and his shooting often comes alive.

Ben came alive in the first half due to open looks in the mid range middle of the field.

Not taking a shot at you here Lit....

Many don't understand just how badly these coaches are fucking it up for this team.
I don't disagree with what you're saying. But the biggest difference is that basketball has 82 games. Getting your shooting motion back on track is easier, and game situations allow you to acclimate or make adjustments over the course of a few games. It's psychological more than muscle memory. You don't have that luxury in football. Getting the 'looks' or not is moot.


You put your players in basketball and football in situations where they excel. Noone better at this currently in the league than Belichick.

Great defense causes shooting percentages to do down. Open looks cause shooting percentages to go up.

Ben excels throwing the football mid range middle of the field. Always has. It is coaching dumbfuckery to not give him regular opportunities there.
I remember watching the Knicks in a playoff game in the 90's and they gave John Starks a bunch of free looks out the wazoo the entire 4th quarter, and he couldn't sink a basket to save his life. I've seen that happen countless times with other players. I don't disagree that shooting percentages rise with open looks, but sometimes it don't mean shit if the player is 'off.'

_________________
Image


Last edited by COR-TEN on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], fortythree, Google [Bot], JackSplat58, Majestic-12 [Bot], Stosh-67 and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group