It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant requests trade - Crapreport
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 pm 

Anything from Ian Rappaport needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I don't buy this for a second.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 pm 

I get disgruntled when I hear insinuations that Ben is some mastermind guru of offensive football and if people would just get out of the way, Ben would turn everything around. I think it's pretty clear that Ben's physical tools were always light years ahead of his mental tools. Now maybe they are coming back to around 50/50 as he gets older.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:50 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Again, do we know Tomlin instructed his players to “say less”? I’m feeling great about a huge win on the road, but let’s be clear; things are still a mess on this team. First drive Ben is yelling at Haley, Haley yelling at Ben. Harrison finally gets in the game, plays his ass off and seals the win, and basically is letting Tomlin hear it on the sidelines. Brown is awesome but he looks selfish. Bryant wants a trade. Mitchell is being Mitchell. Burns starting to act like an entitled dummie. And these TD celebrations; how much time and effort goes in to the choreography? I mean given how few TDs we have this season, it looks like they are practicing the dances more than the plays themselves.

Meanwhile Ben is in the twilight of his career and he’s probably wondering why it’s even worth dealing with this circus anymore.

And all of this after beating the best team in the league thus far in their house.

That’s your Pittsburgh Steelers!
Take a look at the replay of KC's TD. Burns and Hilton were standing around. They were concentrated on keeping everything in front of the first down, that they let the guy run free behind them. Burns was staring at the backfield, and Hilton stopped chasing entirely when the ball was caught, and then tried to hack the ball away instead of making the tackle at the 15 or so. Stupid, lazy defense on a day they played well. And I like both players, but holy shit. That's how you lose games.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:09 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
franco32 wrote:
We are still a dumb and mentally weak team at times. Good thing talent overcomes that sometimes. Even on a great day like yesterday, we still are boneheaded:

1. Our special teams units don't seem to know that a punt off of a safety is a free ball. Inexcusable. I saw no hustle getting back there. Whole team should have been trying to bounce on that ball.

2. On what planet does Le'veon Bell think he think he can be Sugar Ray Leonard with the uprights and get away with it? That infuriated me. Basically, we gave Hill a great return opportunity. Thankfully he didn't do much with it, but that is the type of play that could cost you badly.

3. I thought one of the key plays of the game that could have put it away was Mike Mitchell's blitz. That should be an easy sack if you come in low, under control, and grab Smith's lower body. A sack kills that drive and pretty much kills KC's chances. Instead, Mitchell goes for a kill shot and is completely faked out. Smith makes a big play and Mitchell cheap shots him low. This is dumpster fire type of stupid.

I went ballistic when Bell did that move you have to be a moron
and I was stunned when Berry did not kick that ball out of Bounds but glad when Nix knock hill out.
Mitchell is a moron makes real stupid plays

I mean, it's on Bell to know the rules, but in light of the recent rule changes, it's a really dumb rule. I watched a team literally play Duck-Duck-Goose in the end zone on Thursday. If that's legal, there's zero reason that shadow boxing the goal posts should be illegal.

So yes, he should know the rules, but it's hardly the dumbest thing he's done. I can give him a pass for that one.

Last edited by Louis Lipps Service on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:11 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Harrison finally gets in the game, plays his ass off and seals the win, and basically is letting Tomlin hear it on the sidelines.

If you're talking about the shot at the end of the game of Harrison and Tomlin yelling at each other, I really don't think Harrison was "letting him hear it". Pretty sure Tomlin was getting him psyched up over his contribution and just playing off the emotion of the moment. As evidenced by the bear hug and smile Tomlin gave Harrison as they walked onto the field for hand shakes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:38 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
franco32 wrote:
We are still a dumb and mentally weak team at times. Good thing talent overcomes that sometimes. Even on a great day like yesterday, we still are boneheaded:

1. Our special teams units don't seem to know that a punt off of a safety is a free ball. Inexcusable. I saw no hustle getting back there. Whole team should have been trying to bounce on that ball.

2. On what planet does Le'veon Bell think he think he can be Sugar Ray Leonard with the uprights and get away with it? That infuriated me. Basically, we gave Hill a great return opportunity. Thankfully he didn't do much with it, but that is the type of play that could cost you badly.

3. I thought one of the key plays of the game that could have put it away was Mike Mitchell's blitz. That should be an easy sack if you come in low, under control, and grab Smith's lower body. A sack kills that drive and pretty much kills KC's chances. Instead, Mitchell goes for a kill shot and is completely faked out. Smith makes a big play and Mitchell cheap shots him low. This is dumpster fire type of stupid.

I went ballistic when Bell did that move you have to be a moron
and I was stunned when Berry did not kick that ball out of Bounds but glad when Nix knock hill out.
Mitchell is a moron makes real stupid plays

I mean, it's on Bell to know the rules, but in light of the recent rule changes, it's a really dumb rule. I watched a team literally play Duck-Duck-Goose in the end zone on Thursday. If that's legal, there's zero reason that shadow boxing the goal posts should be illegal.

So yes, he should know the rules, but it's hardly the dumbest thing he's done. I can give him a pass for that one.

It's on Tomlin to make sure his whole team is up to snuff on the rules. If he does this and they still get it wrong, then it's still on him, because they should be paying dearly for those individual mistakes somehow.
Regarding TD celebrations, that duck-duck-goose (Vikings) is exactly what this team needs. If the players/teams really want to endear themselves to the average fan that's' exactly the kind of celebrating they should be doing. Go old school, take it back to why you play this GAME in the first place. Most fans see this as a GAME and through the lens of their youth or their children. Good family fun that every demographic can relate to, no matter how silly (or uncool) it make appear. We need to come up with some great ideas like duck-duck and have someone tweet them to some of the skill guys on offense (or D/ST). They should make every celebration this year fit that category and they'll be a huge success/favorite in the fan's eyes I'll bet. With the whole racial/anthem/flag issues this is exactly what this team needs to galvanize it, imo.
1. Duck-duck-goose
2. Red rover
3. Musical chairs
4. Follow the leader
5. Tag - freeze tag
6. Hide and seek
7. Hopscotch
8. Four Square
9. Jump rope - double dutch
10. Marbles
11. Red light, green light
12. Hand clap - pat-a-cake (good for women's breast cancer month)

Call me crazy, but I think this could really work...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:58 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Bell replied to Marty with "Say less. We have bigger fish to fry. It's Cincinnati week."

"Say less" is the new mandate from Tomlin i guess. All that talk about how he can't discipline and he lost the team seems hollow when not only do they get a big win but when you have multiple players policing their teammates on social media and telling them to keep their mouths shut and their focus on what's ahead it sure looks like Tomlin is in charge.

How do you know “say less” is a mandate from the moron in chief and not simply Bell tweeting “say less”?

William Gay used the exact same phrase on Instagram and Tomlin said this week that his team is close-knit and that includes the ability to call each other out for mistakes in an honest and non-judgmental way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:59 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Harrison finally gets in the game, plays his ass off and seals the win, and basically is letting Tomlin hear it on the sidelines.

If you're talking about the shot at the end of the game of Harrison and Tomlin yelling at each other, I really don't think Harrison was "letting him hear it". Pretty sure Tomlin was getting him psyched up over his contribution and just playing off the emotion of the moment. As evidenced by the bear hug and smile Tomlin gave Harrison as they walked onto the field for hand shakes.

I’m not saying they were going to come to blows, but my opinion of that interaction was Harrison telling tomlin to put his ass on the field and tomlin realizing Harrison practically just won them the game.

It was as awkward as it was endearing. Harrison was fired up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:00 pm 

Lynch wrote:
This a case of Bell taking up Tomlin's slack. When the HC is nothing but a rah-rah guy, and figure head for press conferences, the players have to police each other as seen here.

Did they hold a team meeting without Tomlin and come up with it together? Or did Bill Gay just coincidentally use the same phrase on Instagram when he called out Martavis for the same thing?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:18 pm 

DP39 wrote:

It's on Tomlin to make sure his whole team is up to snuff on the rules. If he does this and they still get it wrong, then it's still on him, because they should be paying dearly for those individual mistakes somehow.
[/quote]

So on top of everything else we need the player to run their EZ celebrations past the coaches? Seriously? The NFL needs to send refs to each camp to act as a Gong Show for the celebrations. :roll:

It is confusing. You can't use the pad around the goal post in a celebration but you can dunk the ball over the cross bar. Aren't both using a prop ( the goal post) as a part of the celebration?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next