It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant requests trade - Crapreport
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:27 pm 

Its not about running specific celebrations by the coach. it's about the coach instilling and reinforcing the concept that we don't do things that are 100% avoidable that are detrimental to outcome of the game. It's about the mindset of not pushing the envelope on celebrating a touchdown but rather focusing on doing what is necessary to celebrate a win.

Do what ya gotta do to play with emotion, but it's absolutely on the coach to create the disciplined environment that focuses on winning the game rather than celebrating the individual.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:29 pm 

jebrick wrote:
DP39 wrote:
So yes, he should know the rules, but it's hardly the dumbest thing he's done. I can give him a pass for that one.

It's on Tomlin to make sure his whole team is up to snuff on the rules. If he does this and they still get it wrong, then it's still on him, because they should be paying dearly for those individual mistakes somehow.

So on top of everything else we need the player to run their EZ celebrations past the coaches? Seriously? The NFL needs to send refs to each camp to act as a Gong Show for the celebrations. :roll:

It is confusing. You can't use the pad around the goal post in a celebration but you can dunk the ball over the cross bar. Aren't both using a prop ( the goal post) as a part of the celebration?[/quote]
It is getting confusing. But, I don't see many other teams being as 'confused" as our guys. Maybe we should ask some of the other coaches/teams to explain it to us. That's why I think keeping it simple/old school/youthful is the way to go....K.I.S.S.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:41 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Harrison finally gets in the game, plays his ass off and seals the win, and basically is letting Tomlin hear it on the sidelines.

If you're talking about the shot at the end of the game of Harrison and Tomlin yelling at each other, I really don't think Harrison was "letting him hear it". Pretty sure Tomlin was getting him psyched up over his contribution and just playing off the emotion of the moment. As evidenced by the bear hug and smile Tomlin gave Harrison as they walked onto the field for hand shakes.

I’m not saying they were going to come to blows, but my opinion of that interaction was Harrison telling tomlin to put his ass on the field and tomlin realizing Harrison practically just won them the game.

It was as awkward as it was endearing. Harrison was fired up.

It's weird how personal bias can influence how you interpret rather obvious body language.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:45 pm 

Obvious body language? Where the fuck did you learn that, journalism school?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 pm 

How about Harrison’s twitter feed where he was complaining about his Sunday jersey being relagated to street clothes? Yeah he seemed stoked about his role on this team...lmfao

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:58 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Lynch wrote:
This a case of Bell taking up Tomlin's slack. When the HC is nothing but a rah-rah guy, and figure head for press conferences, the players have to police each other as seen here.

Did they hold a team meeting without Tomlin and come up with it together? Or did Bill Gay just coincidentally use the same phrase on Instagram when he called out Martavis for the same thing?

They must have held a meeting. It's such a unique saying, and really revolutionary use of the English language.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:06 pm 

DP39 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
DP39 wrote:
So yes, he should know the rules, but it's hardly the dumbest thing he's done. I can give him a pass for that one.

It's on Tomlin to make sure his whole team is up to snuff on the rules. If he does this and they still get it wrong, then it's still on him, because they should be paying dearly for those individual mistakes somehow.

So on top of everything else we need the player to run their EZ celebrations past the coaches? Seriously? The NFL needs to send refs to each camp to act as a Gong Show for the celebrations. :roll:

It is confusing. You can't use the pad around the goal post in a celebration but you can dunk the ball over the cross bar. Aren't both using a prop ( the goal post) as a part of the celebration?

It is getting confusing. But, I don't see many other teams being as 'confused" as our guys. Maybe we should ask some of the other coaches/teams to explain it to us. That's why I think keeping it simple/old school/youthful is the way to go....K.I.S.S.[/quote]
It’s not confusing. The ball is the only thing they are allowed to use as a “prop”. No goalpost, Sharpies, Pom-poms, etc. And I’m pretty sure dunking over the crossbar is a no-no.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:35 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Obvious body language? Where the fuck did you learn that, journalism school?

You do understand that when two people embrace and smile that they're probably not mad at each other, right?

James smiles when Tomlin laughs and reaches over and grabs him.by the head.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:37 pm 

Lynch wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Lynch wrote:
This a case of Bell taking up Tomlin's slack. When the HC is nothing but a rah-rah guy, and figure head for press conferences, the players have to police each other as seen here.

Did they hold a team meeting without Tomlin and come up with it together? Or did Bill Gay just coincidentally use the same phrase on Instagram when he called out Martavis for the same thing?

They must have held a meeting. It's such a unique saying, and really revolutionary use of the English language.

The exact same comment used in the same context on social media after the head coach talked about players policing each other just a day or so prior?

Yeah I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:54 pm 

Ice wrote:
R S wrote:
Ice wrote:
Except that's not the meaning of the expression at all.

Ok, I guess I'll have ask then, since you don't want to volunteer........What does it mean then?

Just an innocuous expression of agreement. Play on "say no more."

"You coming through tonight?"
"Got some errands to run but I can be there by 10."
"Alright, say less."

Ok, I'll take your word for it. It doesn't sound natural to use it in that context, but i suppose i've heard stranger slang.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next