It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 72 inches
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:31 pm 

SP wrote:
I thought this thread was about Chef's waist size.

At any rate, the Nix/Watson combo has not been stopped all season on short yardage plays. Why not build a goal line package off it and work in some passes to the TEs to catch people off guard.

Common sense.
KC was reeling at this point in the game.
Were getting trounced against the run.
Primed to lay down and give up a rushing TD.

We have to stop trying to outsmart teams in the redzone.

Said it in the game thread on that series.

You put Nix in at FB.
two TE.
Ben under center.
And let them lead Bell into the endzone.
Who has a knack for slipping and sliding thru holes at the goal line.

I have no issue if you bring in Watson behind Nix for those plays.

And if you want to dare to be cute.
And trick a team.
Well then a pass play out of that set with Ben under center.
Will most likely free one of the TE's for a wide open pass play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm 

steelclan wrote:
That was not Haley's call: Ben changed play at LOS to shotgun. Original call was a run play.

Yes, Ben has free reign of RPOs there, been saying it all year. Inside the five play calls effectiveness are mostly on Ben. Some of Haley's plan designs do us little favors, though. But, then again, it's been stated that Ben has a lot of say-so with that as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:36 pm 

Our offense does not yet have a 2017 identity but maybe we're starting to see one. Bell is rounding into shape, McDonald is starting to show us what he can do, AB is simply magnificent, Ju Ju is a great draft pick, Bryant is still a sick weapon and is still a few games from getting back to where he was and the OL has had two good road games last 3 weeks. There's still a lot of stupid mistakes and Kinks that have to work out and maybe by mid-season we'll see what we thought they could be. Ben is still Ben, older but a talent like you'll never see again. When forced to call early time out his eyes said fuck you Haley.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:59 pm 

It is interesting that Haley plays rock pounding orgasmic strategy all the way down the field, then inside the 5 fucking yard line he starts running the Houston Oilers run & shoot. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:11 pm 

R S wrote:
It is interesting that Haley plays rock pounding orgasmic strategy all the way down the field, then inside the 5 fucking yard line he starts running the Houston Oilers run & shoot. :lol:

How do you know Haley called that 1st down play?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:15 pm 

48 inches..ball in chiefs side..a chance for a dominating dagger needing 2 yards..we punt like bitches to allow chiefs to stay tight..after abusing them with runs..why not plan this shit with a quick formation and dive? noway I give ball back there that easy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 pm 

steelclan wrote:
R S wrote:

How do you know Haley called that 1st down play?

How do you know he didn't? I mean, I'm inclined to agree that it was an audible-- but the team has fake audibles, dummy signals, formation changes built into play call... I don't think anyone can say with certainty what the 'original' play call was. It might even have been a double play call, with the defense keying which play is run. In fact, I'll take that as the most likely play call.

For instance
Haley: "Hey Ben, let's run StrongRight-CounterTrey and if the Mike up in the A Gap, go to ZOutSlants".
Ben in huddle: Be ready for check with me! Strong Right-CounterTrey-ZOutSlantsAlert (look for me to confirm) On 1 (break).

The alignment is offset I with the TE as the Z in the tight slot. The play call is a CounterTrey (backside OG & slot TE pull right to left) handoff. The team waits for the QB to confirm or change the play call. If the QB raises close fists or says one code word, they run original play. If he raises open hands and/or says a different code word, it goes to the slants.

So, how do you know if Ben's hand signal was to confirm the original play call or to switch to the secondary call?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:27 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
How do you know he didn't? I mean, I'm inclined to agree that it was an audible

I'm pretty sure we don't have an audible that is basically an iso fade to AB with almost no other options. And the fact that Ben held the ball and looked around says they all knew it was a pass play. He held the ball too long for that to be a "check with me" play on a running call.

I think that was actually a Haley call, and with the personnel and formation, Ben can audible to a run. But he had single coverage on AB so he stuck with the call.

It was a garbage play call, audible or not. Wasn't it just a few days ago we were discussing the lack of back shoulder throws? They've thrown a number of TD's on those the past few years, but I don't think I've seen one attempted yet. In fact, very few back shoulder throws so far, period.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:33 pm 

Football is often like the sweet science. Sometimes its a thinking man's game. Bob and weave, do the unexpected, throw the punch they wouldn't see coming.

Of course, on the other hand, the sweet science also says that sometimes you just need to punch a mother fucker in the mouth.

Not just in the redzone but all over the field, Haley and Ben fail to understand the balance between the two. And it shows in our overall offensive scoring.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:16 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
How do you know he didn't? I mean, I'm inclined to agree that it was an audible

I'm pretty sure we don't have an audible that is basically an iso fade to AB with almost no other options. And the fact that Ben held the ball and looked around says they all knew it was a pass play. He held the ball too long for that to be a "check with me" play on a running call.

I think that was actually a Haley call, and with the personnel and formation, Ben can audible to a run. But he had single coverage on AB so he stuck with the call.

It was a garbage play call, audible or not. Wasn't it just a few days ago we were discussing the lack of back shoulder throws? They've thrown a number of TD's on those the past few years, but I don't think I've seen one attempted yet. In fact, very few back shoulder throws so far, period.

a check with me RPO is different than what I'm talking about-- you're talking about when ben gives a hand signal to one receiver for a route and no one else knows. I'm talking about two plays called and one is confirmed before the snap.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next