It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 72 inches
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:45 pm 

Dale Lolley said Ben checked out of a run play and called the pass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 pm 

jewelsongs wrote:

still doesn't indicate if the pass option was part of the play call

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:53 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
jewelsongs wrote:

I would imagine if you are running out of a shotgun formation a pass play would always be part of the play call.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 am 

R S wrote:
It is interesting that Haley plays rock pounding orgasmic strategy all the way down the field, then inside the 5 fucking yard line he starts running the Houston Oilers run & shoot. :lol:

:lol:

Mind boggling. My hope is that this kind of shift gets figured out and we get on a roll into the playoffs. God forbid we don't want to peak early and then fizzle out. The red zone deficiencies have been wretched to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
jewelsongs wrote:

Ben in his statements makes it clear it was his call. On that 3rd & goal play Bell was held so blatantly it was ridiculous. Johnson basically tackled him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:08 pm 

steelclan wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
jewelsongs wrote:

Ben in his statements makes it clear it was his call. On that 3rd & goal play Bell was held so blatantly it was ridiculous. Johnson basically tackled him.

Not only Bell. If you re-watch the play, focus on James and JuJu...both had there jersey stretched so badly, that they would fit Casey Hampton.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:14 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
a check with me RPO is different than what I'm talking about-- you're talking about when ben gives a hand signal to one receiver for a route and no one else knows. I'm talking about two plays called and one is confirmed before the snap.

I think we're talking about different plays. I'm talking about the fade to AB. And I'm saying that WAS NOT a "check with me" because Ben held it too long if it had been a running play. Might have been an audible, but there only appeared to be two guys in routes. In either case, audible or playcall I thought it was garbage to have only two options, with one being the fade.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:21 pm 

agreed.

Ben said he audibled out of the first run call because we didn't have the desired personnel to win the play vs what KC showed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:40 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
agreed.

Ben said he audibled out of the first run call because we didn't have the desired personnel to win the play vs what KC showed.

That might be something they should look at (they won't). I don't know how often Ben does that, but sometimes, especially on 1st down, you put on the big boy pants and just give the guys the chance to execute the play.

Then again, if the call was another slow developing run that they seem to like in the RZ, then Ben was probably correct. AB 1-on-1 is never a bad option, but there's not a lot of room to work down there and I always hate putting all the eggs in one basket. And I would rather have seen a back shoulder throw there than the fade. Would have to see the replay - I think if AB runs the slant there it's an easy TD.

Or - MAYBE - if that's the look and personnel KC showed, your audible is a PA to the TE. I just hate that was the audible choice in that situation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:20 pm 

SP wrote:
I thought this thread was about Chef's waist size.

At any rate, the Nix/Watson combo has not been stopped all season on short yardage plays. Why not build a goal line package off it and work in some passes to the TEs to catch people off guard.

Goddammit! That made me shoot Mountain Dew out my nose! You know how painful that is?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next