It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: All 22 look at Mitchell "dirty hit"
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:38 am 

Reading into it..., Much! :lol:
Have at it super internet football analytics dude(s). :roll:
I simply Stated an opinion you don't agree with. Cool. I'm not telling folks they don't watch football as good as the OP'er has continuously stated he does as a backhanded comment. I'm not overgeneralizing folks into a sheepeople blanket statement as an insult either. I'm not trying to convince anyone here that my opinion is fact. Never at anytime did I claim this was 'analysis' and never at anytime did I state I'm an official professional football film junkie, like others have pretentiously implied of themselves. I did however state it was in my opinion and my opinion is to disagree that Mitchell's overall value to this defense/team is even good. For all you wanna be's knock yourselves out. I think Mitchell is a liability and some don't. My Opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:46 am 
Id like to see Wilcox get snaps. Mitchell is highly flawed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:53 am 

One more thing. I find it interesting that when I do agree with 'any' agenda driven pursuits I'm never asked for data proving my opinion. I'm never hit with a overgeneralizing blanket sheepeople statement and I'm never accused of improper over the top 'lack of analytics'. Hmmm....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:52 am 

77, I'm with you.

I've seen enough garbage from Mitchell this year alone to justify my opinion of him. I don't subscribe to the pack mentality on anything, I do have my own opinions. He's a liability and a loud mouth. I'm glad he got fined. I hope Wilcox gets more reps soon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:35 am 

Boomer Esiason and the rest of the NFL crew at showtime thinks mitchell should have been suspended. They say he's dirty. From past episodes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:38 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Reading into it..., Much! :lol:
Have at it super internet football analytics dude(s). :roll:
I simply Stated an opinion you don't agree with. Cool. I'm not telling folks they don't watch football as good as the OP'er has continuously stated he does as a backhanded comment. I'm not overgeneralizing folks into a sheepeople blanket statement as an insult either. I'm not trying to convince anyone here that my opinion is fact. Never at anytime did I claim this was 'analysis' and never at anytime did I state I'm an official professional football film junkie, like others have pretentiously implied of themselves. I did however state it was in my opinion and my opinion is to disagree that Mitchell's overall value to this defense/team is even good. For all you wanna be's knock yourselves out. I think Mitchell is a liability and some don't. My Opinion.

Defensive, much? So what if people don’t agree with your opinion. I don’t think I’ve noticed anyone get their panties in a bunch as much as you do when posters don’t agree with your opinions. Relax dude. It’s a message board.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 pm 

There's always Ignore?!

I always thought Mitchell was overrated from game one. He hasn't ever gotten any better than what he was before he was cut from the Raiders. With all the success he was part of with the 2013 Panthers Mitchell was not re-signed by the Panthers, Damn you Panthers! Instead the Steelers signed him to a $25Mil contract. Since 2014 Mitchell has 4 INT's, 23 PD, 243 comb tackles and 30 yrs old now. Like I've stated I hope their plan is to replace him soon.

Last edited by Steelafan77 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:10 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
77, I'm with you.

I've seen enough garbage from Mitchell this year alone to justify my opinion of him. I don't subscribe to the pack mentality on anything, I do have my own opinions. He's a liability and a loud mouth. I'm glad he got fined. I hope Wilcox gets more reps soon.

The extreme celebrating after making a tackle 15 yards downfield over and over solidified it for me. This guys is a poor tackler and a poor influence on everyone on this team. I hope he throws another dirty hit and is suspended for the year. The faster this guy is no longer a Steeler the better.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:04 am 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Mitchell is still a tool box. Least deserving player on the roster right now in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:18 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
It's not about pro bowls dude. It's about simple football 101. Mitchell is constantly being flagged for stupid shit. Misses assignments by either over running the play as it unfolds, missing textbook tackles, takes lame angles to the ball/carrier and worst yet tries to headhunt far too often making himself an easy target for the flag(s). You'd have to be blind not to see Mitchell is a liability. Oh, and fuck your sheepeople theory bullshit. End of Story.
When was the last Mitchell INT? When was the last Mitchell forced fumble? How consistent are those INT's and FF's over his season's? When was the last Mitchell missed tackle? When was the last Mitchell penalty? When was the last time you watched Mitchell out raced to the sideline and left in the dust? BTW, there used to be the 5 yard type facemask. Guess they've changed that rule? Ok. Read the fucking link AirRescueFF posted. "Mitchell was fined as a repeat offender, having already accumulated two fines for unnecessary roughness." Just 6 games into this season! :lol: moving on.

My complaint with him is his pass coverage skills. MM has had 10 picks in 129 career games including 4 in 53 games w the Steelers. I was shocked it was that many honestly. He consistently looks for the big hit vs the interception. That’s great for 1992. Give me a coverage S please.