It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 7: Steelers vs. Bengals Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:57 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
You're not alone there jeems. It boggles everyone's minds as it unfolds. Just stupid. IMO it's not how you instill that killer instinct. To me it's a reflection of the coordinator. Soft.

You really think the OC says Oh we have a lead so time to get conservative and protect the lead? Its the HC 100% who says attack, or call off the dogs and grind clock. I wish so very much that they canned Haley and I could hear the whining when the next guy came in and did the same stuff cause its the teams philosophy, inserted by the HC.

The whining about the OC is getting really really fuckin old. They are 5-2 and the two games they lost the defense was bitch slapped in Chicago (not under the purvey of the OC) and his QB through 5 interceptions two for pick six's BUT he is the main problem. With a btter OC we would be 7-0 :lol: :lol: Try decaffeinated for fuck sakes.

Wah wah fuckin wah.

Having said that the play design's inside the 10 yard line really blow and THAT's on Haley.

Last really creative OC I can remember was Chan Gailey(sp?).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:25 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Romo just lost some points with suggesting Haley is as good as any coordinator in the league.

you left of the rest of that quote... "at the run game"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 am 

bam morris wrote:
our defense looked like a cinci power play with 3 man advantage.

and Antti Niemi in goal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:37 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
bam morris wrote:

and Antti Niemi in goal.

Haden. Joe Haden wow. After re-watch he looked like the player Browns had in his prime. He was running step for step with receivers with no hitch at all. In first couple of games he was being protected by Steelers as it looked like he just didn't have speed he once did. Yesterday he flipped his hips with such fluid ease it was almost night and day from first few games and his pre season where he looked a shadow of who he was. Dare I say Steelers might finally have secondary to fuck with Brady. Still long way to go but with Burns and Hilton as well looks good and of course one other player has finally woken up:

Sean Davis has gotten his head out of his ass is a big time way in past 2 games. He was exceptional yesterday.

This defense is fun to watch. Haven't been able to say that since oh I dunno 2008? If offense keeps up its steady improvement this team has a real shot to do damage in Jan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am 

Jeemie wrote:
One thing that still bugs me, but I’ve resigned myself to realizing it’s just the way things are.

If the Steelers have a lead at the half, sure as shit Todd Haley is going to call off the dogs and enter clock-killing mode.

Even when Haden made the pick that put the Steelers in prime field position, he stated in clock killing mode.

I don’t know why they just won’t keep attacking in the second half...especially when it’s working.

I love Tomlin, but that's coming from him. If Tomlin wanted us to keep attacking, we would.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:40 am 

TB wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
One thing that still bugs me, but I’ve resigned myself to realizing it’s just the way things are.

If the Steelers have a lead at the half, sure as shit Todd Haley is going to call off the dogs and enter clock-killing mode.

Even when Haden made the pick that put the Steelers in prime field position, he stated in clock killing mode.

I don’t know why they just won’t keep attacking in the second half...especially when it’s working.

I love Tomlin, but that's coming from him. If Tomlin wanted us to keep attacking, we would.

Yep bothered me a bit as well. Ben was moving the ball at will. Steelers finally attacked Bengals in middle of field and it opened up things everywhere else.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:49 am 

re: Romo taking shots at his broadcast team...

He was nudging them for something we ALL constantly complain about: not showing a replay on a controversial or confusing play. I get it, because he is a fan, not an automaton.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:54 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
bam morris wrote:
slow delelop run is the call..lose 2 yards as bell swarmed..

He was nudging them for something we ALL constantly complain about: not showing a replay on a controversial or confusing play. I get it, because he is a fan, not an automaton.

Speaking of replays did anyone think Grimble got a really shitty spot?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:08 am 

steelclan wrote:
I'll take it as my rugby team had an absolutely shit week. Bengals are always tricky because they know Steelers so well. Especially as on at least 5 times by my count Bengal DBs got away with absolute muggings. That no call on AB on bomb v Jackson was bad, really bad.

It's a theme this season. Without even trying, I can immediately think of 4 no call holding/DPIs that cost the Steelers TDs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:10 am 

steelclan wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
bam morris wrote:

and Antti Niemi in goal.

Haden. Joe Haden wow. After re-watch he looked like the player Browns had in his prime. He was running step for step with receivers with no hitch at all. In first couple of games he was being protected by Steelers as it looked like he just didn't have speed he once did. Yesterday he flipped his hips with such fluid ease it was almost night and day from first few games and his pre season where he looked a shadow of who he was. Dare I say Steelers might finally have secondary to fuck with Brady. Still long way to go but with Burns and Hilton as well looks good and of course one other player has finally woken up:

Sean Davis has gotten his head out of his ass is a big time way in past 2 games. He was exceptional yesterday.

This defense is fun to watch. Haven't been able to say that since oh I dunno 2008? If offense keeps up its steady improvement this team has a real shot to do damage in Jan.

Yeah, it was only the play action Cincy TD pass at goal line that looked like Niemi! Agreed with the rest. Davis a pleasant surprise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next