It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 7: Steelers vs. Bengals Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:12 am 

steelclan wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
bam morris wrote:
slow delelop run is the call..lose 2 yards as bell swarmed..

He was nudging them for something we ALL constantly complain about: not showing a replay on a controversial or confusing play. I get it, because he is a fan, not an automaton.

Speaking of replays did anyone think Grimble got a really shitty spot?

I didn't think it was a 1st down, even though the spot was, indeed, shitty. The way the NFL replay works, if you challenge a bad spot and it's not conclusively a 1st down after the challenge, you lose your TO and lose the challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:13 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Romo just lost some points with suggesting Haley is as good as any coordinator in the league.

you left of the rest of that quote... "at the run game"
I guess I missed that. But it's not like Munchak is sitting around with his thumb in his ass. Either way, I'm surprised to hear you defend Haley.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:21 am 

I don't know if I agree that Haley is truly great at the run game-- but when it's not compressed area/short down the it's the one thing the Steelers do that looks like great play design and execution. It's possibly because Munchak puts it together. Romo alluded to that in an earlier game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:28 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't know if I agree that Haley is truly great at the run game-- but when it's not compressed area/short down the it's the one thing the Steelers do that looks like great play design and execution. It's possibly because Munchak puts it together. Romo alluded to that in an earlier game.

If they got short yardage right in that game they might have put up 50. They attacked Bengals in new and refreshing ways yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:01 pm 

The Bengals have one of the best defenses in the league. Top Dline talent and very talented CBs. That the Steelers did not give up a sack and Bell ran for over 100 is impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:26 pm 

Yeah-- when the other team has Geno Atkins and Bufict, plus above average CBs... short yardage is going to be difficult.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:28 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Yeah-- when the other team has Geno Atkins and Bufict, plus above average CBs... short yardage is going to be difficult.

Aye fair enough but frankly as badly as short yardage went been nice to see some plays to outside, a bootleg or just something to mix it up. Instead? Just lining up and beating heads against wall was frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:36 pm 

steelclan wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Aye fair enough but frankly as badly as short yardage went been nice to see some plays to outside, a bootleg or just something to mix it up. Instead? Just lining up and beating heads against wall was frustrating.

The teams who win on 3rd and short throw to the quick slot guys and TE with frequency. They are rarely throwing to the outside receivers. Many spread the field and run vs. lighter defensive packages. We either pack it inside and give a slow handoff to Bell (when we don't replace the best 2016 NFL RB at short yardage with a UDFA RB), go deep to AB, or go 5 wide and try a 1 yard out to the FB or TE. On the few occasions we have looked for slot guys on 3rd and short, we've converted... a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:51 pm 

TB wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
One thing that still bugs me, but I’ve resigned myself to realizing it’s just the way things are.

If the Steelers have a lead at the half, sure as shit Todd Haley is going to call off the dogs and enter clock-killing mode.

Even when Haden made the pick that put the Steelers in prime field position, he stated in clock killing mode.

I don’t know why they just won’t keep attacking in the second half...especially when it’s working.

I love Tomlin, but that's coming from him. If Tomlin wanted us to keep attacking, we would.

That's why I no longer love Tomlin and why I no longer trust him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87