It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JuJu's TD celebration
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:29 am 

Loved it. But, what I want to know is who here took my idea (haha) and reached out to Bell and told him to suggest it to JuJu right before the game (there's a report by 247sports - and many others - that Bell approached him about it 10 minutes before the game and it was not rehearsed)? Who ever it was, thanks!

I posted this a week ago in the Bryant - Crapreport thread.....

Regarding TD celebrations, that duck-duck-goose (Vikings) is exactly what this team needs. If the players/teams really want to endear themselves to the average fan that's' exactly the kind of celebrating they should be doing. Go old school, take it back to why you play this GAME in the first place. Most fans see this as a GAME and through the lens of their youth or their children. Good family fun that every demographic can relate to, no matter how silly (or uncool) it make appear. We need to come up with some great ideas like duck-duck and have someone tweet them to some of the skill guys on offense (or D/ST). They should make every celebration this year fit that category and they'll be a huge success/favorite in the fan's eyes I'll bet. With the whole racial/anthem/flag issues this is exactly what this team needs to galvanize it, imo.
1. Duck-duck-goose
2. Red rover
3. Musical chairs
4. Follow the leader
5. Tag - freeze tag
6. Hide and seek
7. Hopscotch
8. Four Square
9. Jump rope - double dutch
10. Marbles
11. Red light, green light
12. Hand clap - pat-a-cake (good for women's breast cancer month)

Call me crazy, but I think this could really work...

This accomplished exactly what I thought it would. It endeared the players/team to the fans (it's ALL over the news as the best celebration of the year) and it will galvanize this team even more. Wait, watch and see...what's next? My guess is Red Rover, Jump rope - double dutch or Hopscotch.

Post subject: Re: JuJu's TD celebration
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:33 am 

Sit in circle and play spin the football has to be in there.

That celebration was great. It genuinely made me laugh. Ju Ju has brought a freshness this team badly needed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:40 am 

steelclan wrote:

That celebration was great. It genuinely made me laugh. Ju Ju has brought a freshness this team badly needed.

then what? brothers don't feign kissing and being gay. that doesn't jive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:10 pm 

Call me old school but I prefer spontaneous celebrations, not stuff that is choreographed. If I were a professional athlete I’d never put a second of thought into how I was going to celebrate on the field. I’d put all my energy and focus into accomplishing stuff that is worth celebrating.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:21 pm 

SteelPro wrote:
Call me old school but I prefer spontaneous celebrations, not stuff that is choreographed. If I were a professional athlete I’d never put a second of thought into how I was going to celebrate on the field. I’d put all my energy and focus into accomplishing stuff that is worth celebrating.

While I agree spontaneity is great, unfortunately with the guys we're talking about spontaneity takes them straight to the "three pump chump" or the likes there of. Maybe a script is better for the 'celebration by the rules' challenged.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:22 pm 

R S wrote:
steelclan wrote:

then what? brothers don't feign kissing and being gay. that doesn't jive.

Jibe*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 pm 

I could do without it. But it's not something worth getting worked up over I don't think.

I like celebrations, but some of this stuff is too fake for my liking.

I loved the old Redskins fun bunch celebrations.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:12 pm 

Choreographed celebrations are needed because no one wants to be embarrassed in front of 70k people.

A guy works hard to get into that end zone. They run a play at least 10 times to get it right. This on top of 30 other plays in practice. When one works out, let's celebrate. Most of these guys will end up with some serious medical issues related to their profession.Long after the money is gone the only thing these guys will have to remember the game are the championships won, awards they earned and the fun they had while playing.

Keep it tasteful and don't try to be edgy and I am all for it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:15 pm 

SteelPro wrote:

Swann and Stallworth choreographed their celebration that they used for many seasons.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:17 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
SteelPro wrote:

Swann and Stallworth choreographed their celebration that they used for many seasons.

Exactly. I loved it.