It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:59 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
... in chowder-producing regions of the country.

Nice.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 am 

DrMalba wrote:
I get the sense this call is unpopular not because it was risky, but because it counters the narrative that the coaching staff was playing not to lose in the second half.

Let me remind you a) the call worked beautifully b) it was a significant momentum-crushing play for the opposition c) its exactly the kind of situational awareness and yes COACHING UP OF SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS that we are all screaming for d) its the kind of stuff you put on tape to give you an edge in that phase of the game.

Crying about one of the best plays of the game after walking off with a clear victory and first place in the division is the kind of first-tier privileged fan entitlement I would believe only applies to teams in chowder-producing regions of the country.

So they run a fake punt and that excuses the more conservative playcalling that once again reared its head in the second half?

Come on man!

there is zero question that the Steelers dialed back their attacking once the second half began. It's definitely becoming a pattern with them.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 am 

Jeemie wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
I get the sense this call is unpopular not because it was risky, but because it counters the narrative that the coaching staff was playing not to lose in the second half.

Let me remind you a) the call worked beautifully b) it was a significant momentum-crushing play for the opposition c) its exactly the kind of situational awareness and yes COACHING UP OF SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS that we are all screaming for d) its the kind of stuff you put on tape to give you an edge in that phase of the game.

Crying about one of the best plays of the game after walking off with a clear victory and first place in the division is the kind of first-tier privileged fan entitlement I would believe only applies to teams in chowder-producing regions of the country.

So they run a fake punt and that excuses the more conservative playcalling that once again reared its head in the second half?

Come on man!

there is zero question that the Steelers dialed back their attacking once the second half began. It's definitely becoming a pattern with them.

Not becoming jeems, is an old tired and stupid pattern we've all had to endure as fans. Love to see a consistent full 60 minutes of football played they way it was played in the first half vs the bungholes in every game. Pedal to the metal...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:58 am 

This is one of those situations where even if it didn't work, I wouldn't have been that mad about the decision. If they're not going to cover the gunner, you have to try and make them pay. Plus it shows other teams to not try it either.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:18 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:
This is one of those situations where even if it didn't work, I wouldn't have been that mad about the decision. If they're not going to cover the gunner, you have to try and make them pay. Plus it shows other teams to not try it either.

Pretty much this exactly. Plus, you have a defense that was just brutalizing the Bungles in the 2nd half. All of the announcer hype about "letting the Bungles back in the game" if it failed was just that. Perfect time to show that card.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:28 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
DrMalba wrote:

Come on man!

And the problem is not just Haley.

It's "style points don't matter" Mike Tomlin too.

The offense has largely underperformed this season. Often a shit show. Even the 2nd half vs Bengals was a shit show. It's boring for fans sans Bell fanboys and the rock pounding crowd (yes they exist). It's frustrating for the skills players not named Bell too. Guys want to contribute and have their moments to shine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:25 pm 

I didn't like the call, yeah it worked and everybody cheered but if it didn't work, Bengals would have been setup with awesome field position. Imagine if it failed and Bengals scored a TD within a few plays to make it a very close game, that play could have cost us big and there was no reason to risk it when our defense was pounding them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:27 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Obviously wrote:
I wonder what fortythree (Chase the media boy) thinks of this thread. I'll ask him after he fetches my coffee.

:lol:

Imagine the butthurt it takes to be this petty.

Butthurt about what? Just was wondering what you thought of this thread, media boy.