It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6981
Beautiful pass by Golden to DHB

This may push Dobbs off the roster.

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5613
great thread.... :?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4647
I wonder what fortythree (Chase the media boy) thinks of this thread. I'll ask him after he fetches my coffee.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:40 pm
Posts: 3187
I shat myself when I saw what they were doing. Golden's release was downright ugly then he is throwing it to Edward Heyward Hands....man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6981
steelclan wrote:
I shat myself when I saw what they were doing. Golden's release was downright ugly then he is throwing it to Edward Heyward Hands....man.


Exactly

Tomlin knew it would work

:roll:

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:59 pm 
BarryFoster wrote:
steelclan wrote:
I shat myself when I saw what they were doing. Golden's release was downright ugly then he is throwing it to Edward Heyward Hands....man.


Exactly

Tomlin knew it would work

:roll:


Tomlin had zero to do with calling that. It was called on the field.

What Tomlin did do was build a solid team capable of doing that.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6981
SteelerChef wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
steelclan wrote:
I shat myself when I saw what they were doing. Golden's release was downright ugly then he is throwing it to Edward Heyward Hands....man.


Exactly

Tomlin knew it would work

:roll:


Tomlin had zero to do with calling that. It was called on the field.

What Tomlin did do was build a solid team capable of doing that.


I was shocked it worked out so nicely...normally I expect special teams shit shows.

So you know for a fact Tomlin didn't speak to Mr Smiff about our gunners being uncovered?

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2446
Obviously wrote:
I wonder what fortythree (Chase the media boy) thinks of this thread. I'll ask him after he fetches my coffee.


:lol:

Imagine the butthurt it takes to be this petty.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4478
steelclan wrote:
I shat myself when I saw what they were doing. Golden's release was downright ugly then he is throwing it to Edward Heyward Hands....man.


It was ugly as shit...

... and dropped in like a dime.

The defender was closing though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1472
I get the sense this call is unpopular not because it was risky, but because it counters the narrative that the coaching staff was playing not to lose in the second half.

Let me remind you a) the call worked beautifully b) it was a significant momentum-crushing play for the opposition c) its exactly the kind of situational awareness and yes COACHING UP OF SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS that we are all screaming for d) its the kind of stuff you put on tape to give you an edge in that phase of the game.

Crying about one of the best plays of the game after walking off with a clear victory and first place in the division is the kind of first-tier privileged fan entitlement I would believe only applies to teams in chowder-producing regions of the country.

_________________
steel wrote:
game over boys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 499
DrMalba wrote:
... in chowder-producing regions of the country.

Nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23698
DrMalba wrote:
I get the sense this call is unpopular not because it was risky, but because it counters the narrative that the coaching staff was playing not to lose in the second half.

Let me remind you a) the call worked beautifully b) it was a significant momentum-crushing play for the opposition c) its exactly the kind of situational awareness and yes COACHING UP OF SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS that we are all screaming for d) its the kind of stuff you put on tape to give you an edge in that phase of the game.

Crying about one of the best plays of the game after walking off with a clear victory and first place in the division is the kind of first-tier privileged fan entitlement I would believe only applies to teams in chowder-producing regions of the country.


So they run a fake punt and that excuses the more conservative playcalling that once again reared its head in the second half?

Come on man!

there is zero question that the Steelers dialed back their attacking once the second half began. It's definitely becoming a pattern with them.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14259
Jeemie wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
I get the sense this call is unpopular not because it was risky, but because it counters the narrative that the coaching staff was playing not to lose in the second half.

Let me remind you a) the call worked beautifully b) it was a significant momentum-crushing play for the opposition c) its exactly the kind of situational awareness and yes COACHING UP OF SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS that we are all screaming for d) its the kind of stuff you put on tape to give you an edge in that phase of the game.

Crying about one of the best plays of the game after walking off with a clear victory and first place in the division is the kind of first-tier privileged fan entitlement I would believe only applies to teams in chowder-producing regions of the country.


So they run a fake punt and that excuses the more conservative playcalling that once again reared its head in the second half?

Come on man!

there is zero question that the Steelers dialed back their attacking once the second half began. It's definitely becoming a pattern with them.

Not becoming jeems, is an old tired and stupid pattern we've all had to endure as fans. Love to see a consistent full 60 minutes of football played they way it was played in the first half vs the bungholes in every game. Pedal to the metal...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am
Posts: 1074
This is one of those situations where even if it didn't work, I wouldn't have been that mad about the decision. If they're not going to cover the gunner, you have to try and make them pay. Plus it shows other teams to not try it either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4930
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Steel Mike wrote:
This is one of those situations where even if it didn't work, I wouldn't have been that mad about the decision. If they're not going to cover the gunner, you have to try and make them pay. Plus it shows other teams to not try it either.


Pretty much this exactly. Plus, you have a defense that was just brutalizing the Bungles in the 2nd half. All of the announcer hype about "letting the Bungles back in the game" if it failed was just that. Perfect time to show that card.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:47 am
Posts: 4478
Jeemie wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
I get the sense this call is unpopular not because it was risky, but because it counters the narrative that the coaching staff was playing not to lose in the second half.

Let me remind you a) the call worked beautifully b) it was a significant momentum-crushing play for the opposition c) its exactly the kind of situational awareness and yes COACHING UP OF SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS that we are all screaming for d) its the kind of stuff you put on tape to give you an edge in that phase of the game.

Crying about one of the best plays of the game after walking off with a clear victory and first place in the division is the kind of first-tier privileged fan entitlement I would believe only applies to teams in chowder-producing regions of the country.


So they run a fake punt and that excuses the more conservative playcalling that once again reared its head in the second half?

Come on man!

there is zero question that the Steelers dialed back their attacking once the second half began. It's definitely becoming a pattern with them.


And the problem is not just Haley.

It's "style points don't matter" Mike Tomlin too.

The offense has largely underperformed this season. Often a shit show. Even the 2nd half vs Bengals was a shit show. It's boring for fans sans Bell fanboys and the rock pounding crowd (yes they exist). It's frustrating for the skills players not named Bell too. Guys want to contribute and have their moments to shine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:25 pm
Posts: 224
I didn't like the call, yeah it worked and everybody cheered but if it didn't work, Bengals would have been setup with awesome field position. Imagine if it failed and Bengals scored a TD within a few plays to make it a very close game, that play could have cost us big and there was no reason to risk it when our defense was pounding them.

_________________
Juju knocking out Burfict and Bell punishing Kirkpatrick
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golden #2, Laundry demoted to #3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4647
fortythree wrote:
Obviously wrote:
I wonder what fortythree (Chase the media boy) thinks of this thread. I'll ask him after he fetches my coffee.


:lol:

Imagine the butthurt it takes to be this petty.


Butthurt about what? Just was wondering what you thought of this thread, media boy.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group