It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2nd and 17
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:48 pm 

franco32 wrote:
Some of us called his demise premature. I'm glad he's back to spinning it like that.

Now that you mention it, Brady and the NE offense started slowly a year or two ago, and I seem to remember a lot of people questioning if Brady was nearing the end. LOL, now he's going to play until he's 50.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:11 pm 

i was saying that in the first half his throws were spot on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 pm 

As I mentioned in another thread.......

Quote:
Ben threw some bullets yesterday. The 2nd and 17 close line of a throw to AB by the left sideline was some throw. If that ball is not completed ( 3rd and 17), we probably don't score points before the half.

That was good for 23 yards..........was a 30 yard pass from 7 yards behind line of scrimmage, that you could hang laundry on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:43 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
As I mentioned in another thread.......

Quote:
Ben threw some bullets yesterday. The 2nd and 17 close line of a throw to AB by the left sideline was some throw. If that ball is not completed ( 3rd and 17), we probably don't score points before the half.

That was good for 23 yards..........was a 30 yard pass from 7 yards behind line of scrimmage, that you could hang laundry on.

Was arguably one of the biggest plays of the game as well. I was worried there, 2nd & 17, 3 point lead, 1:28 to half. Steelers could have easily been punting back to the Bungs who would have been in position to tie or go ahead at the half.

Granted, the dumbfuck Steelers coaching staff fucked up the conclusion of the drive royally, but could have been much worse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:49 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Granted, the dumbfuck Steelers coaching staff fucked up the conclusion of the drive royally, but could have been much worse.

They really need to hit the runs harder inside the 10.....defense is closer to the LOS and filling more quickly - Bell doesn't have time to sit back there making a sandwich.

And watching all the failed 3rd and shorts from this team...just beyond comical they ever thought they could be a 2-pt conversion machine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:37 pm 

I beg to differ Kodiak on the 2 point conversion machine. I think that for whatever reason, the 2 point conversions all dried up because they have done the same thing that they do on offense, they just became too predictable with it. It seems all they do anymore with 2 points is try and throw it to Brown. I wonder if Fitchner is even involved in it anymore, it does not look like it to me.

That year where it was most successful, you never knew who would get the 2 point conversion. The Steelers (and specifically Fitchner) were designing 2 point plays that had deception, misdirection. You had 8 successful 2 point conversions in 2015, but only two of those were by Antonio Brown.

DeAngelo Williams, Fitz Touissant, Will Johnson, Jesse James, Heath Miller and Markus Wheaton all had the other 2 pointers.

That year was a thing of beauty, actually designing plays to use Brown as a decoy and scheming players open to get the 2 point conversion. Why can't we do that on offense and in the redzone? I think that Haley has taken over the play calling of those two pointers since that 2015 season and predictably it has all gone to shit.

This past game, Cincy did just that for one of their TDs in the redzone. Look like you are going to run, then have your TE slip past the defense and throw for the score. Why can't we have that in our offense? Have Bell out there with a Rosie Nix at FB and two TEs and then do play action and throw to either TE or the WR. This stuff is not hard, I see other NFL teams score routinely like this every single week.

Todd Haley gets less from more than any other offensive coordinator the Steelers have had in recent memory. It is just shocking really.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:05 am 

Scunge wrote:
I beg to differ Kodiak on the 2 point conversion machine. I think that for whatever reason, the 2 point conversions all dried up because they have done the same thing that they do on offense, they just became too predictable with it. It seems all they do anymore with 2 points is try and throw it to Brown. I wonder if Fitchner is even involved in it anymore, it does not look like it to me.

That year where it was most successful, you never knew who would get the 2 point conversion. The Steelers (and specifically Fitchner) were designing 2 point plays that had deception, misdirection. You had 8 successful 2 point conversions in 2015, but only two of those were by Antonio Brown.

DeAngelo Williams, Fitz Touissant, Will Johnson, Jesse James, Heath Miller and Markus Wheaton all had the other 2 pointers.

That year was a thing of beauty, actually designing plays to use Brown as a decoy and scheming players open to get the 2 point conversion. Why can't we do that on offense and in the redzone? I think that Haley has taken over the play calling of those two pointers since that 2015 season and predictably it has all gone to shit.

This past game, Cincy did just that for one of their TDs in the redzone. Look like you are going to run, then have your TE slip past the defense and throw for the score. Why can't we have that in our offense? Have Bell out there with a Rosie Nix at FB and two TEs and then do play action and throw to either TE or the WR. This stuff is not hard, I see other NFL teams score routinely like this every single week.

Todd Haley gets less from more than any other offensive coordinator the Steelers have had in recent memory. It is just shocking really.

Just finished watching MNF-- I just watch the Eagles offense with such envy. They have some nice players but less talent than the Steelers have, yet so much action.