It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Press Conference
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 8892
COR-TEN wrote:
....but there is no doubt in my mind he needs an altitude check.


pretty sure the NFL tests him weekly to see if he's high.... :lol:

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Press Conference
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5046
Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
....but there is no doubt in my mind he needs an altitude check.


pretty sure the NFL tests him weekly to see if he's high.... :lol:
Ha! :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Press Conference
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 507
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Pabst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Not that he gets excused for not doing his job-- but man, they've been lulling Bryant to sleep and then throwing cold water in his face and saying BALL!!! BALL!!!

Bryant is #3 on the team in targets (behind AB and Bell). And his 36 targets on the year are more than guys like Mohamed Sanu, Nelson Agholor, and Danny Amendola. I don't disagree that Ben was forcing the ball too much to AB, but I completely disagree that he's been getting 'lulled to sleep'

That targets stat is useless without context. Sanu gets a full route tree. Bryant gets two routes and a 0 screen. Dude has had thee targets on routes different than those three this year, had a nice grab on an out route, a 25 yard gain on a post/dig, and a slant TD. The problem to me is that we only have him running two routes. That's such bullshit.

This from a longtime Bryant fan. Dude has not demonstrated he can stay clean despite multiple chances, has shown incapable of being a good teammate on numerous occasions, neither of which takes any appreciable talent. So what makes you think this mental midget can handle a full route tree?

_________________
"It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it." - John Wooden


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Press Conference
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:27 pm 
Quite a few of you are damn dumb when it comes to dealing with people.

There is a reason you are not well liked


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Press Conference
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13882
Smashmouth21 wrote:
So what makes you think this mental midget can handle a full route tree?

Because we is given the chance, he makes plays running other routes.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Press Conference
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 507
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Smashmouth21 wrote:
So what makes you think this mental midget can handle a full route tree?

Because we is given the chance, he makes plays running other routes.

I'm not taking issue with your claim that Bryant has made plays running other routes. Of course he has, and he should given the number of snaps he's played. But route running is one of the most difficult aspects of not just playing WR but of football period. Forgetting about the precision and other physical attributes necessary, there is so much mentally that goes into succeeding as a pass catcher both before and after the snap (e.g., coverage recognition, understanding coverage, adjusting routes to account for coverage looks, setting up routes, etc.) that it takes a technician to truly excel and be more than a one trick pony. All I'm saying is that Martavis' actions to date give me serious pause and make me question whether he will ever "get it" or whether he even has the capacity to be a complete WR.

_________________
"It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it." - John Wooden


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Press Conference
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3344
Pabst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Not that he gets excused for not doing his job-- but man, they've been lulling Bryant to sleep and then throwing cold water in his face and saying BALL!!! BALL!!!

Bryant is #3 on the team in targets (behind AB and Bell). And his 36 targets on the year are more than guys like Mohamed Sanu, Nelson Agholor, and Danny Amendola. I don't disagree that Ben was forcing the ball too much to AB, but I completely disagree that he's been getting 'lulled to sleep'


Good points. He should STFU and play. Especially with his history.

Would have been nice if our supposedly not responsible for Xs & Os players coach was more on top of this situation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Press Conference
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13882
Smashmouth21 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Smashmouth21 wrote:
So what makes you think this mental midget can handle a full route tree?

Because we is given the chance, he makes plays running other routes.

I'm not taking issue with your claim that Bryant has made plays running other routes. Of course he has, and he should given the number of snaps he's played. But route running is one of the most difficult aspects of not just playing WR but of football period. Forgetting about the precision and other physical attributes necessary, there is so much mentally that goes into succeeding as a pass catcher both before and after the snap (e.g., coverage recognition, understanding coverage, adjusting routes to account for coverage looks, setting up routes, etc.) that it takes a technician to truly excel and be more than a one trick pony. All I'm saying is that Martavis' actions to date give me serious pause and make me question whether he will ever "get it" or whether he even has the capacity to be a complete WR.

I guess what I'm saying is... I don't think his few opportunities to run other routes has anything to do with how hard he's worked or hasn't worked on route-running. It has everything to do with that is the way we do it here. X receiver does this, Y does this, Z does this. Been that way for a while.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Press Conference
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 507
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I guess what I'm saying is... I don't think his few opportunities to run other routes has anything to do with how hard he's worked or hasn't worked on route-running. It has everything to do with that is the way we do it here. X receiver does this, Y does this, Z does this. Been that way for a while.

Coaches are trying to scheme Martavis into success. The first offensive play against the Bengals was a reverse to him for goodness sake. He gets at least a handful of designed looks per game. Bryant just needs to produce better than he has so far this season.

_________________
"It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it." - John Wooden


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Press Conference
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13882
Reverses and screens-- all well and good... have to mix in some in breaking routes and different things so that the DB can't sit on deep ball. That's what makes deep ball so effective.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Havoc, Majestic-12 [Bot], Steeledge and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group