It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:45 pm 

Whoa.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2115 ... scout-team

Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:48 pm 

Quote:
Bryant told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he has "got to move on" at the Oct. 31 trade deadline if the Steelers don't want him to contribute to the offense.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, however, said Tuesday that is not going to happen.

Bryant, who had one catch for 3 yards against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, refueled his trade request late Sunday night with comments on Instagram. He again didn't show up for team meetings Monday because of an illness. His agent, Thomas Santanello, said Bryant went to see a doctor.

"I just want to be happy, whether it's here or it's somewhere else," Bryant told ESPN. "I just want to help contribute. I just want to be the best player that I can on and off the field ... and I want to be given the chance to be that. But I would like for it to be here. If not, then, oh well. Just got to move on."

He later added: "By the end of whenever the trade deadline is ... I mean if things don't get better, then I got to go."

Bryant told ESPN that he'd like to sit down with Tomlin and discuss his situation. Bryant has one year left on his contract after this season ends.

Tomlin on Tuesday said the Steelers would not trade Bryant, but planned to visit "at some point" with his receiver.

^ transcribing the article because any website that autoplays videos make me irrationally angry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:52 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Quote:
Bryant told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he has "got to move on" at the Oct. 31 trade deadline if the Steelers don't want him to contribute to the offense.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, however, said Tuesday that is not going to happen.

Bryant, who had one catch for 3 yards against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, refueled his trade request late Sunday night with comments on Instagram. He again didn't show up for team meetings Monday because of an illness. His agent, Thomas Santanello, said Bryant went to see a doctor.

"I just want to be happy, whether it's here or it's somewhere else," Bryant told ESPN. "I just want to help contribute. I just want to be the best player that I can on and off the field ... and I want to be given the chance to be that. But I would like for it to be here. If not, then, oh well. Just got to move on."

He later added: "By the end of whenever the trade deadline is ... I mean if things don't get better, then I got to go."

Bryant told ESPN that he'd like to sit down with Tomlin and discuss his situation. Bryant has one year left on his contract after this season ends.

Tomlin on Tuesday said the Steelers would not trade Bryant, but planned to visit "at some point" with his receiver.

^ transcribing the article because any website that autoplays videos make me irrationally angry
:D youre reposting yesterday's news thread posts though :) CARRY ON

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:59 pm 

Maybe Bryant will bench his girlfriend and his agent now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:00 pm 

Whoa! Tomlin is serious...

Here is the relevant news nugget from that link:

After complaining about his role in the offense on Tuesday, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant was demoted to the scout team on Wednesday.

Bryant said that he is not playing Sunday against the Lions and that his benching is a result of his actions on social media.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:00 pm 

Quote:

If you use chrome:
- type "chrome://flags" in the address bar
- scroll down to (or search for) "Autoplay policy" (it's about 90% down at the bottom)
- change it to "Document user activation is required"
- restart chrome
- browse the web happier :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:11 pm 

Pabst wrote:

THIS x infinity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:13 pm 

steel wrote:
Whoa! Tomlin is serious...

Here is the relevant news nugget from that link:

After complaining about his role in the offense on Tuesday, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant was demoted to the scout team on Wednesday.

Bryant said that he is not playing Sunday against the Lions and that his benching is a result of his actions on social media.

Ill be shocked if he shows up at practice. Meaning not physically being there, but definitely giving little effort.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:15 pm 
Scout team just means 3rd string....really no big deal other than not playing against the Lions

But i mean go ahead and sensationalize everything and whip the low information fans into a frenzy over nothing....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:16 pm 

stilljones wrote:
Quote:

If you use chrome:
- type "chrome://flags" in the address bar
- scroll down to (or search for) "Autoplay policy" (it's about 90% down at the bottom)
- change it to "Document user activation is required"
- restart chrome
- browse the web happier :D

thanks, I swear It had a setting that did this for awhile, I think they got rid of the old setting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next