It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm
Posts: 1040
Whoa.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2115 ... scout-team


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1771
Quote:
Bryant told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he has "got to move on" at the Oct. 31 trade deadline if the Steelers don't want him to contribute to the offense.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, however, said Tuesday that is not going to happen.

Bryant, who had one catch for 3 yards against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, refueled his trade request late Sunday night with comments on Instagram. He again didn't show up for team meetings Monday because of an illness. His agent, Thomas Santanello, said Bryant went to see a doctor.

"I just want to be happy, whether it's here or it's somewhere else," Bryant told ESPN. "I just want to help contribute. I just want to be the best player that I can on and off the field ... and I want to be given the chance to be that. But I would like for it to be here. If not, then, oh well. Just got to move on."

He later added: "By the end of whenever the trade deadline is ... I mean if things don't get better, then I got to go."

Bryant told ESPN that he'd like to sit down with Tomlin and discuss his situation. Bryant has one year left on his contract after this season ends.

Tomlin on Tuesday said the Steelers would not trade Bryant, but planned to visit "at some point" with his receiver.


^ transcribing the article because any website that autoplays videos make me irrationally angry

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Pabst wrote:
Quote:
Bryant told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he has "got to move on" at the Oct. 31 trade deadline if the Steelers don't want him to contribute to the offense.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, however, said Tuesday that is not going to happen.

Bryant, who had one catch for 3 yards against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, refueled his trade request late Sunday night with comments on Instagram. He again didn't show up for team meetings Monday because of an illness. His agent, Thomas Santanello, said Bryant went to see a doctor.

"I just want to be happy, whether it's here or it's somewhere else," Bryant told ESPN. "I just want to help contribute. I just want to be the best player that I can on and off the field ... and I want to be given the chance to be that. But I would like for it to be here. If not, then, oh well. Just got to move on."

He later added: "By the end of whenever the trade deadline is ... I mean if things don't get better, then I got to go."

Bryant told ESPN that he'd like to sit down with Tomlin and discuss his situation. Bryant has one year left on his contract after this season ends.

Tomlin on Tuesday said the Steelers would not trade Bryant, but planned to visit "at some point" with his receiver.


^ transcribing the article because any website that autoplays videos make me irrationally angry
:D youre reposting yesterday's news thread posts though :) CARRY ON

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 pm
Posts: 105
Maybe Bryant will bench his girlfriend and his agent now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4700
Whoa! Tomlin is serious...

Here is the relevant news nugget from that link:

After complaining about his role in the offense on Tuesday, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant was demoted to the scout team on Wednesday.

Bryant said that he is not playing Sunday against the Lions and that his benching is a result of his actions on social media.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:37 am
Posts: 5
Quote:
^ transcribing the article because any website that autoplays videos make me irrationally angry


If you use chrome:
- type "chrome://flags" in the address bar
- scroll down to (or search for) "Autoplay policy" (it's about 90% down at the bottom)
- change it to "Document user activation is required"
- restart chrome
- browse the web happier :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:11 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16825
Pabst wrote:
^ transcribing the article because any website that autoplays videos make me irrationally angry

THIS x infinity

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5609
steel wrote:
Whoa! Tomlin is serious...

Here is the relevant news nugget from that link:

After complaining about his role in the offense on Tuesday, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant was demoted to the scout team on Wednesday.

Bryant said that he is not playing Sunday against the Lions and that his benching is a result of his actions on social media.


Ill be shocked if he shows up at practice. Meaning not physically being there, but definitely giving little effort.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:15 pm 
Scout team just means 3rd string....really no big deal other than not playing against the Lions

But i mean go ahead and sensationalize everything and whip the low information fans into a frenzy over nothing....


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5609
stilljones wrote:
Quote:
^ transcribing the article because any website that autoplays videos make me irrationally angry


If you use chrome:
- type "chrome://flags" in the address bar
- scroll down to (or search for) "Autoplay policy" (it's about 90% down at the bottom)
- change it to "Document user activation is required"
- restart chrome
- browse the web happier :D



thanks, I swear It had a setting that did this for awhile, I think they got rid of the old setting.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Image

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:17 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12082
stilljones wrote:
If you use chrome:
- type "chrome://flags" in the address bar
- scroll down to (or search for) "Autoplay policy" (it's about 90% down at the bottom)
- change it to "Document user activation is required"
- restart chrome
- browse the web happier :D


Possibly the single greatest thing I've read here - I can't tell you how long Engadget and CNET have been pissing me off with autoplay!!!!!!

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9821
Awesome! Just when our team is hitting a stride the number 2 WR acts like a bitch and now rides the pine.

This fucking team is like the football equivalent of Real Housewives (don’t ask, my wife watches).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1771
stilljones wrote:
Quote:
^ transcribing the article because any website that autoplays videos make me irrationally angry


If you use chrome:
- type "chrome://flags" in the address bar
- scroll down to (or search for) "Autoplay policy" (it's about 90% down at the bottom)
- change it to "Document user activation is required"
- restart chrome
- browse the web happier :D

Thanks!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:49 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16825
stilljones wrote:
Quote:
^ transcribing the article because any website that autoplays videos make me irrationally angry


If you use chrome:
- type "chrome://flags" in the address bar
- scroll down to (or search for) "Autoplay policy" (it's about 90% down at the bottom)
- change it to "Document user activation is required"
- restart chrome
- browse the web happier :D

You are the man.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 120
Sorry for the lack of a link (it's reported on my "Score" app), but Bryant has responded to the demotion by saying "I'm going to work my butt of here and whatever happens happens. You're not going to hear me complaining no more."

If Tomlin can finesse this kid into staying motivated and productive--even while disciplining him for his actions--it will be quite an accomplishment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:56 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16825
Kodiak wrote:
stilljones wrote:
If you use chrome:
- type "chrome://flags" in the address bar
- scroll down to (or search for) "Autoplay policy" (it's about 90% down at the bottom)
- change it to "Document user activation is required"
- restart chrome
- browse the web happier :D


Possibly the single greatest thing I've read here - I can't tell you how long Engadget and CNET have been pissing me off with autoplay!!!!!!

NFL.com!!!

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:58 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16825
I'll tell you something right now: scout team is an outstanding opportunity for Martavis, if he reacts the right way. It will give him opportunities to run a full route tree and A. show what he can do with it B. work on the route-running Maybe between him putting in the effort and our numbnuts braintrust they'll see something they can use later.

_________________
Fuck the Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:07 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12082
bradshaw2ben wrote:
NFL.com!!!


OT, but navigating SI.com has been a nightmare for a LONG TIME and it has nothing to do with autoplay - their header, which I assume is an advertisement I have blocked, takes up LITERALLY half my screen....among other things.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1945
Kodiak wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
NFL.com!!!


OT, but navigating SI.com has been a nightmare for a LONG TIME and it has nothing to do with autoplay - their header, which I assume is an advertisement I have blocked, takes up LITERALLY half my screen....among other things.


That's the new thing. Well, not "new", per se, but something that's WAY more commonplace. Auto expanding/collapsing ads. They're everywhere these days. That and the full page fuckers that you have to close out before you can start reading.

No joke, I went to a site the other day and had to close 3 ads just to get to the actual content.

I have no idea when it became a favorable marketing tactic to annoy the ever living shit out of your readers, but it seems like it has.

Even worse, some sites put ads in the middle of their content that expand and collapse, which pushes the content down and back up. This is especially horrible because, since it's in the middle, you'll be reading the article at, say, the third paragraph, then the ad with auto collapse, and suddenly you'll be on the sixth paragraph and no idea where the fuck you are in the article.

Oh, and the new trend is throwing ads in the middle of videos. Facebook, for one, has started doing this. You start watching a video, only to have it stop 15 seconds in for a 15 second commecial....all for a video that might only be 20 seconds long.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6730
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
NFL.com!!!


OT, but navigating SI.com has been a nightmare for a LONG TIME and it has nothing to do with autoplay - their header, which I assume is an advertisement I have blocked, takes up LITERALLY half my screen....among other things.


That's the new thing. Well, not "new", per se, but something that's WAY more commonplace. Auto expanding/collapsing ads. They're everywhere these days. That and the full page fuckers that you have to close out before you can start reading.

No joke, I went to a site the other day and had to close 3 ads just to get to the actual content.

I have no idea when it became a favorable marketing tactic to annoy the ever living shit out of your readers, but it seems like it has.

Even worse, some sites put ads in the middle of their content that expand and collapse, which pushes the content down and back up. This is especially horrible because, since it's in the middle, you'll be reading the article at, say, the third paragraph, then the ad with auto collapse, and suddenly you'll be on the sixth paragraph and no idea where the fuck you are in the article.

Oh, and the new trend is throwing ads in the middle of videos. Facebook, for one, has started doing this. You start watching a video, only to have it stop 15 seconds in for a 15 second commecial....all for a video that might only be 20 seconds long.
I get a kick out of you free market proponents and business guys complain about advertising and capitalism when it affects you day to day lives, but refuse to acknowledge that's why it disrupts your life to begin with. It generates money. Digital advertising will generate $83 Billion dollars in 2017. More than most countries GDP. Quit your fucking complaining and accept it. It's what you want. It's an invasion of your life because you can't have free content. It's paid for by being a pain in your ass, putting the handbrake on ease of use and what you actually want.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1945
COR-TEN wrote:
I get a kick out of you free market proponents and business guys complain about advertising and capitalism when it affects you day to day lives, but refuse to acknowledge that's why it disrupts your life to begin with. It generates money. Digital advertising will generate $83 Billion dollars in 2017. More than most countries GDP. Quit your fucking complaining and accept it. It's what you want. It's an invasion of your life because you can't have free content. It's paid for by being a pain in your ass, putting the handbrake on ease of use and what you actually want.


I wasn't complaining about the existence of advertising. I was complaining about the way it is done.

It is quite possible to display ads on a site without completely railroading the user experience.

Do they likely get more money for more invasive ads? I'm sure they do. But there's a saturation point, and I strongly believe many sites vault way over that point.

If the ads detract from the user experience too much for a person to handle, then that's one more person who isn't going to read those ads.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
SteelerChef wrote:
Scout team just means 3rd string....really no big deal other than not playing against the Lions

But i mean go ahead and sensationalize everything and whip the low information fans into a frenzy over nothing....


What happened to your bet plowman?

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:11 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12082
COR-TEN wrote:
I get a kick out of you free market proponents and business guys complain about advertising and capitalism ....


OOOOOOORRRRRRR we simply take our business elsewhere, which might partially explain why the likes of ESPN and SI are struggling so badly. Nowhere did anyone call for the govt to regulate that crap off the page.

Yep, free markets at their finest.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant demoted to scout team
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6730
Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
I get a kick out of you free market proponents and business guys complain about advertising and capitalism ....


OOOOOOORRRRRRR we simply take our business elsewhere, which might partially explain why the likes of ESPN and SI are struggling so badly. Nowhere did anyone call for the govt to regulate that crap off the page.

Yep, free markets at their finest.
I never called for gov regulation. Granted, I'm not following sports organizations financials, but show me how ESPN and SI are struggling. Besides, markets are at their best when they move at a snails pace. Meanwhile, look at the loss of "productivity" at best over the course of the last few dozen decades.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bradshaw2ben, fortythree, Google [Bot], GreekSteel, Kodiak, Majestic-12 [Bot], Poltargyst, Steeler9786, stillthere and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group