It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:25 pm 
Read the article. Damn good kid who has worked much harder than hes given credit for.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 475087/Amp


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
When he says he sees Tomlin as a father, does that mean someone he can't wait to get away from?

Looks like someone is in full damage control mode for Martavis. Must have gotten himself a new agent.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6966
I thought the real Martavis was a dumb, immature, weed smoking, sirrup drinking idiot who puts himself ahead of the team until I read this....

No, just kidding. I still feel that way.

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:34 pm 
BarryFoster wrote:
I thought the real Martavis was a dumb, immature, weed smoking, sirrup drinking idiot who puts himself ahead of the team until I read this....

No, just kidding. I still feel that way.



Haters gonna hate

Always look fwd to your insightful football posts as well as your thoughtful takes on success ful teambuilding tho....


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6966
SteelerChef wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I thought the real Martavis was a dumb, immature, weed smoking, sirrup drinking idiot who puts himself ahead of the team until I read this....

No, just kidding. I still feel that way.



Haters gonna hate

Always look fwd to your insightful football posts as well as your thoughtful takes on success ful teambuilding tho....


Chef, I want him to succeed. SBI

But that doesn't change my opinion of him

Looking forward to your next tailgate recipe for games you never attend.

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1944
Over-under on the number of weeks before we see a Player's Tribune article from Bryant's publicist...err, I mean..Bryant?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1766
SteelerChef wrote:
Damn good kid who has worked much harder than hes given credit for.

I honestly don't care what these guys do off the field. That said, "damn good kid" is not how I'd describe Bryant.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6966
Pabst wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Damn good kid who has worked much harder than hes given credit for.

I honestly don't care what these guys do off the field. That said, "damn good kid" is not how I'd describe Bryant.


Chef set the bar pretty low

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
SteelerChef wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I thought the real Martavis was a dumb, immature, weed smoking, sirrup drinking idiot who puts himself ahead of the team until I read this....

No, just kidding. I still feel that way.



Haters gonna hate

Always look fwd to your insightful football posts as well as your thoughtful takes on success ful teambuilding tho....


There you go with the casual throw of the word..... "HATE" :roll:

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
Kodiak wrote:
When he says he sees Tomlin as a father, does that mean someone he can't wait to get away from?


He more likely means, that since Tomlin has drafted him, he abandoned him at first opportunity. Now, Tomlin simply runs in the other direction when ole Tave enters the room.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4120
No one is saying he's an awful person just because he likes weed and handles things immaturely.

But this same article could have been written years ago. In fact, it basically was. Check out this redemption article written over four years ago while he was still at Clemson:

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/54097/clemson-wr-bryant-changes-focus-attitude

Talks about how he was a changed man. How he's focused on doing right for his young daughters, no more skipping meetings or practices, speaking more confidently and not being a loner, how he's straightening up his act and knows he's on thin ice.

Sound familar?

And since then he has been suspended for 21 games of his NFL career failing at least 3 or more drug tests, called out his QB over the offseason, threw Coates under the bus, did the same with Juju, called off sick to avoid a media firestorm he created, and has demanded a trade to a new city with not one mention of how this will affect his sobriety and road to staying clean, as if that is a total afterthought.

The reason he is getting criticized is he deserves criticism.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:49 pm 
Pabst wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Damn good kid who has worked much harder than hes given credit for.

I honestly don't care what these guys do off the field. That said, "damn good kid" is not how I'd describe Bryant.


Of course you wouldnt..... :roll:


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:53 pm 
TB wrote:
No one is saying he's an awful person just because he likes weed and handles things immaturely.

But this same article could have been written years ago. In fact, it basically was. Check out this redemption article written over four years ago while he was still at Clemson:

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/54097/clemson-wr-bryant-changes-focus-attitude

Talks about how he was a changed man. How he's focused on doing right for his young daughters, no more skipping meetings or practices, speaking more confidently and not being a loner, how he's straightening up his act and knows he's on thin ice.

Sound familar?

And since then he has been suspended for 21 games of his NFL career failing at least 3 or more drug tests, called out his QB over the offseason, threw Coates under the bus, did the same with Juju, called off sick to avoid a media firestorm he created, and has demanded a trade to a new city with not one mention of how this will affect his sobriety and road to staying clean, as if that is a total afterthought.

The reason he is getting criticized is he deserves criticism.


TB I suspect at 20ish you were even more pompous and obtuse than you are now. I do commend and promote your continued growth however


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1535
SteelerChef wrote:
Read the article. Damn good kid who has worked much harder than hes given credit for.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 475087/Amp


Really, really odd this dude posts with such a hard on for Bryant.

Bizarre man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4926
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Oppositionally defiant trolling.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 813
SteelerChef wrote:
TB wrote:
No one is saying he's an awful person just because he likes weed and handles things immaturely.

But this same article could have been written years ago. In fact, it basically was. Check out this redemption article written over four years ago while he was still at Clemson:

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/54097/clemson-wr-bryant-changes-focus-attitude

Talks about how he was a changed man. How he's focused on doing right for his young daughters, no more skipping meetings or practices, speaking more confidently and not being a loner, how he's straightening up his act and knows he's on thin ice.

Sound familar?

And since then he has been suspended for 21 games of his NFL career failing at least 3 or more drug tests, called out his QB over the offseason, threw Coates under the bus, did the same with Juju, called off sick to avoid a media firestorm he created, and has demanded a trade to a new city with not one mention of how this will affect his sobriety and road to staying clean, as if that is a total afterthought.

The reason he is getting criticized is he deserves criticism.


TB I suspect at 20ish you were even more pompous and obtuse than you are now. I do commend and promote your continued growth however


I'm way more pompous now than I was at 20.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8165
Laying the Wood wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
TB wrote:
No one is saying he's an awful person just because he likes weed and handles things immaturely.

But this same article could have been written years ago. In fact, it basically was. Check out this redemption article written over four years ago while he was still at Clemson:

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/54097/clemson-wr-bryant-changes-focus-attitude

Talks about how he was a changed man. How he's focused on doing right for his young daughters, no more skipping meetings or practices, speaking more confidently and not being a loner, how he's straightening up his act and knows he's on thin ice.

Sound familar?

And since then he has been suspended for 21 games of his NFL career failing at least 3 or more drug tests, called out his QB over the offseason, threw Coates under the bus, did the same with Juju, called off sick to avoid a media firestorm he created, and has demanded a trade to a new city with not one mention of how this will affect his sobriety and road to staying clean, as if that is a total afterthought.

The reason he is getting criticized is he deserves criticism.


TB I suspect at 20ish you were even more pompous and obtuse than you are now. I do commend and promote your continued growth however


I'm way more pompous now than I was at 20.

:lol:

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14242
I don't believe Martavis is set out to destroy his relationship with the Steelers. I think Martavis has put in the blood, sweat and tears required for his return to the NFL. I think Martavis is at a point now where he has grown impatient with the process. He believes he can come out onto the field and destroy defenses. After sitting out a full season Martavis doesn't look the same as he did prior. I think he's grown frustrated/impatient and isn't being directed by quality influential people ie.. girlfriend/agent whomever. I think Martavis has redeemed himself enough to warrant another opportunity with the Steelers to continue his contributions to their success. Like most impetuous young men he wants it now. Perhaps he doesn't realize his ascension may take a little longer than he's planned for. I like Martavis. I hold nothing over his head as a fan of the Steelers. While he's made mistakes regarding his career in Pittsburgh, nothing IMO is worthy of 'Too' harsh-a judgement(s). I think, Martavis will come out of this a winner if he'd just stay away from social media with the raw unchecked emotional comments. Also, convey to your girlfriend to mind her own business and quit 'helping' you in the social media arena. JMO


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:48 am 
Steelafan77 wrote:
I don't believe Martavis is set out to destroy his relationship with the Steelers. I think Martavis has put in the blood, sweat and tears required for his return to the NFL. I think Martavis is at a point now where he has grown impatient with the process. He believes he can come out onto the field and destroy defenses. After sitting out a full season Martavis doesn't look the same as he did prior. I think he's grown frustrated/impatient and isn't being directed by quality influential people ie.. girlfriend/agent whomever. I think Martavis has redeemed himself enough to warrant another opportunity with the Steelers to continue his contributions to their success. Like most impetuous young men he wants it now. Perhaps he doesn't realize his ascension may take a little longer than he's planned for. I like Martavis. I hold nothing over his head as a fan of the Steelers. While he's made mistakes regarding his career in Pittsburgh, nothing IMO is worthy of 'Too' harsh-a judgement(s). I think, Martavis will come out of this a winner if he'd just stay away from social media with the raw unchecked emotional comments. Also, convey to your girlfriend to mind her own business and quit 'helping' you in the social media arena. JMO



I agree


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5605
TB wrote:
No one is saying he's an awful person just because he likes weed and handles things immaturely.

But this same article could have been written years ago. In fact, it basically was. Check out this redemption article written over four years ago while he was still at Clemson:

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/54097/clemson-wr-bryant-changes-focus-attitude

Talks about how he was a changed man. How he's focused on doing right for his young daughters, no more skipping meetings or practices, speaking more confidently and not being a loner, how he's straightening up his act and knows he's on thin ice.

Sound familar?

And since then he has been suspended for 21 games of his NFL career failing at least 3 or more drug tests, called out his QB over the offseason, threw Coates under the bus, did the same with Juju, called off sick to avoid a media firestorm he created, and has demanded a trade to a new city with not one mention of how this will affect his sobriety and road to staying clean, as if that is a total afterthought.

The reason he is getting criticized is he deserves criticism.


The good ol'e redemption article template. Rinse and repeat. People like STD fall for these hook line and sinker. What a RUBE!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14242
pff's projection.

Quote:
PITTSBURGH STEELERS TRADE WR MARTAVIS BRYANT TO THE DENVER BRONCOS FOR A SEVENTH-ROUND DRAFT PICK
Much has been said about the disgruntled nature that is the Martavis Bryant-Pittsburgh Steelers relationship right now. After calling out his own teammate in WR JuJu Smith-Schuster on Instagram after his 1-catch, 3-yard performance against Cincinnati, Bryant has been told he will be inactive for the Steelers’ Week 8 contest at the Lions. With the emergence of Smith-Schuster (3 TDs on 17 receptions), Bryant’s production has plummeted and now relegated him to discussions of a trade. One suitor that makes the most sense is the WR-needy Denver Broncos.

Seemingly the entire Broncos WR corps has battled injury this year, most notably Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders, the latter who missed Denver’s 21-0 loss to Los Angeles last week. Bryant could potentially suit up outside or in the slot for the Broncos, either with great success. He is a legitimate deep threat whenever he is on the field evidenced by his 318 yards and three touchdowns on passes targeted 20 or more yards downfield in his last season of full action (2015). https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... make-sense
:lol:

Wouldn't be surprised.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7447
I can't see it happening, '77. I don't think there's any way Steelers risk having to go up against Bryant in a playoff game (though Doncos seem unlikely to qualify). I believe Tomlin when he says Bryant is not being traded....and I wouldn't rule out his being productive in December, heading into January.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:51 pm
Posts: 362
Location: Sunny California
TB wrote:
No one is saying he's an awful person just because he likes weed and handles things immaturely.

But this same article could have been written years ago. In fact, it basically was. Check out this redemption article written over four years ago while he was still at Clemson:

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/54097/clemson-wr-bryant-changes-focus-attitude

Talks about how he was a changed man. How he's focused on doing right for his young daughters, no more skipping meetings or practices, speaking more confidently and not being a loner, how he's straightening up his act and knows he's on thin ice.

Sound familar?

And since then he has been suspended for 21 games of his NFL career failing at least 3 or more drug tests, called out his QB over the offseason, threw Coates under the bus, did the same with Juju, called off sick to avoid a media firestorm he created, and has demanded a trade to a new city with not one mention of how this will affect his sobriety and road to staying clean, as if that is a total afterthought.

The reason he is getting criticized is he deserves criticism.


Wow thanks for sharing that article. You are correct same story in college as with Steelers he keeps promising to grow up but never does.
He will never learn or change, hope Steelers dump him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 731
TB wrote:
No one is saying he's an awful person just because he likes weed and handles things immaturely.

But this same article could have been written years ago. In fact, it basically was. Check out this redemption article written over four years ago while he was still at Clemson:

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/54097/clemson-wr-bryant-changes-focus-attitude

Talks about how he was a changed man. How he's focused on doing right for his young daughters, no more skipping meetings or practices, speaking more confidently and not being a loner, how he's straightening up his act and knows he's on thin ice.

Sound familar?

And since then he has been suspended for 21 games of his NFL career failing at least 3 or more drug tests, called out his QB over the offseason, threw Coates under the bus, did the same with Juju, called off sick to avoid a media firestorm he created, and has demanded a trade to a new city with not one mention of how this will affect his sobriety and road to staying clean, as if that is a total afterthought.

The reason he is getting criticized is he deserves criticism.

Agreed - show me you are changed, don't tell me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8165
It is pointless to trade Bryant at this point. We wouldn't get value for him. A seventh round pick for Bryant is crap. Keep him on the team, see if we can get his head right this year. If so, we will have a heck of a player. If not, can always get rid of him later.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DP39, Google [Bot], H0bb3s, Jobus Rum, punum123, stillthere, tbonejoe78 and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group