It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The real Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:00 pm 

No one is saying he's an awful person just because he likes weed and handles things immaturely.

But this same article could have been written years ago. In fact, it basically was. Check out this redemption article written over four years ago while he was still at Clemson:

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/54097/clemson-wr-bryant-changes-focus-attitude

Talks about how he was a changed man. How he's focused on doing right for his young daughters, no more skipping meetings or practices, speaking more confidently and not being a loner, how he's straightening up his act and knows he's on thin ice.

Sound familar?

And since then he has been suspended for 21 games of his NFL career failing at least 3 or more drug tests, called out his QB over the offseason, threw Coates under the bus, did the same with Juju, called off sick to avoid a media firestorm he created, and has demanded a trade to a new city with not one mention of how this will affect his sobriety and road to staying clean, as if that is a total afterthought.

The reason he is getting criticized is he deserves criticism.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:49 pm 
Pabst wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Damn good kid who has worked much harder than hes given credit for.

I honestly don't care what these guys do off the field. That said, "damn good kid" is not how I'd describe Bryant.

Of course you wouldnt..... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:53 pm 
TB wrote:
No one is saying he's an awful person just because he likes weed and handles things immaturely.

But this same article could have been written years ago. In fact, it basically was. Check out this redemption article written over four years ago while he was still at Clemson:

http://www.espn.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/54097/clemson-wr-bryant-changes-focus-attitude

Talks about how he was a changed man. How he's focused on doing right for his young daughters, no more skipping meetings or practices, speaking more confidently and not being a loner, how he's straightening up his act and knows he's on thin ice.

Sound familar?

And since then he has been suspended for 21 games of his NFL career failing at least 3 or more drug tests, called out his QB over the offseason, threw Coates under the bus, did the same with Juju, called off sick to avoid a media firestorm he created, and has demanded a trade to a new city with not one mention of how this will affect his sobriety and road to staying clean, as if that is a total afterthought.

TB I suspect at 20ish you were even more pompous and obtuse than you are now. I do commend and promote your continued growth however

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:25 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Read the article. Damn good kid who has worked much harder than hes given credit for.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 475087/Amp

Really, really odd this dude posts with such a hard on for Bryant.

Bizarre man.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:38 pm 

Oppositionally defiant trolling.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:40 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
TB wrote:

Sound familar?

TB I suspect at 20ish you were even more pompous and obtuse than you are now. I do commend and promote your continued growth however

I'm way more pompous now than I was at 20.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:57 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
TB wrote:

Sound familar?

I'm way more pompous now than I was at 20.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 am 

I don't believe Martavis is set out to destroy his relationship with the Steelers. I think Martavis has put in the blood, sweat and tears required for his return to the NFL. I think Martavis is at a point now where he has grown impatient with the process. He believes he can come out onto the field and destroy defenses. After sitting out a full season Martavis doesn't look the same as he did prior. I think he's grown frustrated/impatient and isn't being directed by quality influential people ie.. girlfriend/agent whomever. I think Martavis has redeemed himself enough to warrant another opportunity with the Steelers to continue his contributions to their success. Like most impetuous young men he wants it now. Perhaps he doesn't realize his ascension may take a little longer than he's planned for. I like Martavis. I hold nothing over his head as a fan of the Steelers. While he's made mistakes regarding his career in Pittsburgh, nothing IMO is worthy of 'Too' harsh-a judgement(s). I think, Martavis will come out of this a winner if he'd just stay away from social media with the raw unchecked emotional comments. Also, convey to your girlfriend to mind her own business and quit 'helping' you in the social media arena. JMO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:48 am 
Steelafan77 wrote:
I don't believe Martavis is set out to destroy his relationship with the Steelers. I think Martavis has put in the blood, sweat and tears required for his return to the NFL. I think Martavis is at a point now where he has grown impatient with the process. He believes he can come out onto the field and destroy defenses. After sitting out a full season Martavis doesn't look the same as he did prior. I think he's grown frustrated/impatient and isn't being directed by quality influential people ie.. girlfriend/agent whomever. I think Martavis has redeemed himself enough to warrant another opportunity with the Steelers to continue his contributions to their success. Like most impetuous young men he wants it now. Perhaps he doesn't realize his ascension may take a little longer than he's planned for. I like Martavis. I hold nothing over his head as a fan of the Steelers. While he's made mistakes regarding his career in Pittsburgh, nothing IMO is worthy of 'Too' harsh-a judgement(s). I think, Martavis will come out of this a winner if he'd just stay away from social media with the raw unchecked emotional comments. Also, convey to your girlfriend to mind her own business and quit 'helping' you in the social media arena. JMO

I agree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:14 pm 

TB wrote:

Sound familar?

The good ol'e redemption article template. Rinse and repeat. People like STD fall for these hook line and sinker. What a RUBE!