It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season #8: Steelers @ Lions Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:55 pm 

win is a win..very fortunate..a bit lucky...definitely ugly...but it counts..
I'm glad as heck lions went for the td with a bit over 2 min left..if me I kick the fg.. and let steelers turtle and get ball back needing a winning fg with over a min. way our defense was giving up huge yards and there very good long distant kicker I like their chances.. thank u lions!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:56 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
The Eli drop isn't on Ben....but missing DHB sure was.

But wasn't the DHB miss the same drive that ended with a TD to AB, overturned for bullshit OPI?

That wasn't a bullshit call though. That was the definition of OPI. I mean, anytime OPI is called it's frustrating, but that was legit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:57 pm 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
ChicagoSteel wrote:
Eli is not making the most of his opportunities. Juju is filling the Bryant/Rodgers vacuum well.

I wonder if they'll use the bye to get Hunter up to speed. JuJu replaces Eli, Hunter replaces Bryant. I'd think about shopping Eli and signing Ayers back.

I don't get the ayers hate by coaches. he always looked promising to me..more then rogers who has regressed like Bryant..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:58 pm 

TB wrote:
That wasn't a bullshit call though. That was the definition of OPI. I mean, anytime OPI is called it's frustrating, but that was legit.

Yep, clear push off. Only mitigating factor IMO is that the refs were otherwise letting the DBs and WRs get away with murder. But as we all remember from Super Bowl 40, OPI is real and gets called justifiably at times. Tonight was one of them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:02 am 

bam morris wrote:
win is a win..very fortunate..a bit lucky...definitely ugly...but it counts..
I'm glad as heck lions went for the td with a bit over 2 min left..if me I kick the fg.. and let steelers turtle and get ball back needing a winning fg with over a min. way our defense was giving up huge yards and there very good long distant kicker I like their chances.. thank u lions!

Some think so, Bam. Fourth down followed the 2-minute warning, so you kick the FG, Steelers pick up 1st down on a 3rd down play, with all three Steeler plays not involving a clock stoppage, and the game would be over.

As it was, had Lions kicked the FG, they still lose 20-18, not getting the ball back.

Either way is defensible, though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:04 am 

TB wrote:

It was very marginal, especially when you consider they let the guys play most of the night.

Once again, an offense that needs your QB to be perfect almost every time it matters is a SHITTY offense. Ben missed plays, and he also had some drops (he had guys make some tough catches, as well). Overall he played a pretty good game. Not great, but a lot better than average - but if you go back and read this game thread, Ben's like one pass away from being washed-up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:05 am 

Kodiak wrote:
TB wrote:

It was very marginal, especially when you consider they let the guys play most of the night.

Once again, an offense that needs your QB to be perfect almost every time it matters is a SHITTY offense. Ben missed plays, and he also had some drops (he had guys make some tough catches, as well). Overall he played a pretty good game. Not great, but a lot better than average - but if you go back and read this game thread, Ben's like one pass away from being washed-up.

I saw wide open receivers tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:06 am 

Steeler fan years are a lot like dog years. They age ya fast.

Love this team but, man....it always seems to be harder than it should be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:07 am 

treat88 wrote:

like swiss has often said...we suffer thru the games/wins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:09 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
treat88 wrote:

like swiss has often said...we suffer thru the games/wins

Exactly right, Greek. We don't enjoy these games. We suffer through them, hope we're happy in the end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next