It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season #8: Steelers @ Lions Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:44 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
I saw wide open receivers tonight.

So did I. Along with a QB who, while not perfect EVERY play, had a pretty damn good game.

You guys were creaming yourself over Stafford....he had just as many guys open, and missed just as many throws. And he scored less points. Stafford, if you read the game thread, was great. They pretty much played equally. But Ben sucked. That is Steeler fan reverse-schadenfreude.

Sooner or later, you'll stop rationalizing what is a decline in Ben's play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:04 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

So did I. Along with a QB who, while not perfect EVERY play, had a pretty damn good game.

You guys were creaming yourself over Stafford....he had just as many guys open, and missed just as many throws. And he scored less points. Stafford, if you read the game thread, was great. They pretty much played equally. But Ben sucked. That is Steeler fan reverse-schadenfreude.

Sooner or later, you'll stop rationalizing what is a decline in Ben's play.

It’ll take longer than it might because of the plethora of other excuses people can point to.

All of which might be true at the same time it’s true that Ben’s play is below the line.

And I don’t want to hear we have unreasonable expectations.

We’re not asking for the impossible from Ben. That’s bullshit.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:11 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

So where's the Haley love??? Oh thats right Kodiak rule 1. QB always great OC always terrible, if we win it's due to the QB over coming terrible play calling :lol: :lol:

For the record in my opinion I think both the QB and the OC were above the line, however it is evident the QB is in decline and this is very likely our last run with this guy and I really really hope it works out positively for the Steelers. Good way to ride off into the sunset.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:56 am 

I thought there were a few throws Ben would want back. I think everyone is singing a different tune if Eli doesn't drop a wide-open TD and Brown isn't called for a ticky tack OPI. Ben's stat sheet at least would've looked good... The miss to DHB was inexcusable though... Really an awful play.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:35 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:
I thought there were a few throws Ben would want back. I think everyone is singing a different tune if Eli doesn't drop a wide-open TD and Brown isn't called for a ticky tack OPI. Ben's stat sheet at least would've looked good... The miss to DHB was inexcusable though... Really an awful play.

There was nothing ticky tack about the OPI call. It was a penalty. I agree there was a lot of other stuff let go (predominantly by the Lions DB's) but that does not condone what AB did, he pushed off, clearly, to get the separation.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:40 am 

Stinger8 wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:

There was nothing ticky tack about the OPI call. It was a penalty. I agree there was a lot of other stuff let go (predominantly by the Lions DB's) but that does not condone what AB did, he pushed off, clearly, to get the separation.

Agreed, it's a text book call when your arms are extended.

The blame for the Offense should fall on everybody.

Drops by Rogers and Juju.
Fumble by Bell.
Ben with brutal decisions/throws for INT, missing DHB, missing James (blessing in disguise though), one hopping the WR screen in the first half.

Add all that up and you're leaving a minimum of 10 points on the board.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:51 am 

seabs926 wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:

Agreed, it's a text book call when your arms are extended.

The blame for the Offense should fall on everybody.

Drops by Rogers and Juju.
Fumble by Bell.
Ben with brutal decisions/throws for INT, missing DHB, missing James (blessing in disguise though), one hopping the WR screen in the first half.

Add all that up and you're leaving a minimum of 10 points on the board.

Absolutely....remember SB XL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:54 am 

Stinger8 wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:

I see Gronk / Graham make that move every Sunday with no call. You might call it textbook; it can be both textbook and ticky-tack (i.e., difference between de jure rules and de facto rules). Add in all of the contact they permitted in the game itself, and yeah it was ticky-tack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:58 am 

I thought AB pushed off on the 49 yard bomb in Q1 as well. A minor push, but looked like a push.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:04 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:

I don't think so. I do not think Ben is the only problem on offense. But he is clearly playing like a regressed player to my eyes; regressed relative to his historical self. What looks like Ben hate on my part is me pushing back on arguments that seek to absolve Ben of all blame or that tell that Ben is actually playing quite well and is just surrounded by shit, which just miserably fails the eye test.

Ben has not suddenly turned into a bottom feeder, but he's playing at the top of the middle pack right now. Dude is not playing great and not even sniffing elite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next