It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:39 pm 

I would not trade him at all, I'd work on USING him this year, just lie to him, he's a dumb fuck, tell him something that he wants to hear to get him to play now, then trade him after the season if that's what you want.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:04 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Id trade him to New England for a 3rd and Cooks.

Yeah. So he can torch us for two touchdowns in the season and two more in the AFCCG. Both in our house. The cheats would turn him into Randy Moss for half a season, then propel him back to the planet he came from after that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:29 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
I would not trade him at all, I'd work on USING him this year, just lie to him, he's a dumb fuck, tell him something that he wants to hear to get him to play now, then trade him after the season if that's what you want.

Ah-hahaha! I agree. He's a dumbfuck amongst several team dumbfucks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:42 pm 

franco32 wrote:
You CAN'T trade Alien. Our offense can't afford it. Every NFL offense needs an explosive player to threaten the D. We don't have that without Bryant (as annoyed as I am at him).

AB is about the only weapon in that category. Bell is a lot slower this year and lacks explosion in the open field. (I counted at least 3 big plays last night where the old Bell would have broken big gains...instead he was stopped by one guy for 2-3 yards.) Juju makes plays but he's not going to consistently burst away from you. Jesse James is what he is. Good TE but not threatening a D. DHB, Rogers, and Hunter are JAGS.

A Martavis Bryant with his head out of his ass is about the only thing that can really transform this offense at this point in the season. Otherwise, it will be a very plodding and churning O that struggles to score in the red zone.

BULLSHIT! MB is not making or breaking this team. He looks clueless on the field. This team made the AFCCG without him all season and is MUCH improved this year even without MB.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm 

Edit: misfire, wrong thread

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:38 pm 

Could he even be traded? Hoops had to be jumped through, i's had to dotted and t's had to be crossed in triplicate before the NFL would even consider reinstating him just a month and a half ago. What are the conditions to his reinstatement and how would you organize all that he has to do to a new team - overnight? He would need a support system, counselors, etc.... established before he could even move to a new city in order to abide by his reinstatement agreement. I'm not sure if any team has even considered all of that prior to him dawning their uniform.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:44 am 

R S wrote:
franco32 wrote:
You CAN'T trade Alien. Our offense can't afford it. Every NFL offense needs an explosive player to threaten the D. We don't have that without Bryant (as annoyed as I am at him).

AB is about the only weapon in that category. Bell is a lot slower this year and lacks explosion in the open field. (I counted at least 3 big plays last night where the old Bell would have broken big gains...instead he was stopped by one guy for 2-3 yards.) Juju makes plays but he's not going to consistently burst away from you. Jesse James is what he is. Good TE but not threatening a D. DHB, Rogers, and Hunter are JAGS.

A Martavis Bryant with his head out of his ass is about the only thing that can really transform this offense at this point in the season. Otherwise, it will be a very plodding and churning O that struggles to score in the red zone.

BULLSHIT! MB is not making or breaking this team. He looks clueless on the field. This team made the AFCCG without him all season and is MUCH improved this year even without MB.

Disagree . MB as a 3 (as long he is trying) makes feel a lot better about possibly beating NE. Belicheck is going to take away LBell. He is going to make Ben beat him - hope he still has the skills to do it for 60 mins.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:49 am 

franco32 wrote:

Colbert & Tomlin will not let such a valuable asset go to waste. MB was upset with his limited contribution & perhaps, thought by causing a minor disturbance that he might get traded to a team that would put him in a more dominant position in the offence. But as we & the team has seen, the alien can open up the offence & be a game-breaker. The team did the right thing to sit him & show him that no one is bigger than the team. After the break, he'll be integrated into the offence better, get his timing together & yes, he can be the one to bring us over the top. JuJu is a great acquisition & will be/is a Hines Ward-type player which is what the Steelers need but MB playing on all cylinders is a game-breaker like few others.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:01 pm 

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Martavis Bryant has been told he is part of the Steelers' Week 10 game plan.
Pittsburgh is on bye this week, but Bryant will apparently be integrated back into the offense following the break. If true, it all but confirms Bryant will not be traded before today's deadline. Even so, JuJu Smith-Schuster has played too well to be demoted at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:07 pm 

FC wrote:
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Martavis Bryant has been told he is part of the Steelers' Week 10 game plan.
Pittsburgh is on bye this week, but Bryant will apparently be integrated back into the offense following the break. If true, it all but confirms Bryant will not be traded before today's deadline. Even so, JuJu Smith-Schuster has played too well to be demoted at this point.

Bene.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next