It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2306
FC wrote:
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Martavis Bryant has been told he is part of the Steelers' Week 10 game plan.
Pittsburgh is on bye this week, but Bryant will apparently be integrated back into the offense following the break. If true, it all but confirms Bryant will not be traded before today's deadline. Even so, JuJu Smith-Schuster has played too well to be demoted at this point.


Should be a 3WR base offense so there should be plenty of snaps to go around. Don’t waste too many on twin TEs, Nix or god forbid Eli.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:10 am
Posts: 1268
Zeke5123 wrote:
FC wrote:
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Martavis Bryant has been told he is part of the Steelers' Week 10 game plan.
Pittsburgh is on bye this week, but Bryant will apparently be integrated back into the offense following the break. If true, it all but confirms Bryant will not be traded before today's deadline. Even so, JuJu Smith-Schuster has played too well to be demoted at this point.


Should be a 3WR base offense so there should be plenty of snaps to go around. Don’t waste too many on twin TEs, Nix or god forbid Eli.


Depends on the two tight ends.

I am shocked by the blocking of Vance Macdonald.

Jesse James is actually a decent move blocker.

I like pro style sets.

That being said. I love single back single Te 3 Wr sets from under center

The Steelers offense has plenty of weapons....That effects playing time.

I would take AB off the field in some sets

My point no receiver would play 90% snaps

Its Todd Haley job to put players in positions to succeed...That's the Steelers issue

From a talent and depth perspective I would take the Steelers 11 on offense over any team in the NFL including the Texans because the Texans have to put out that joke of an offensive line

_________________
Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2442
GreekSteel wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Id trade him to New England for a 3rd and Cooks.




you have any reason to think NE would do this?


Other than that they inquired about Bryant, nope. I would just tell them that was my price.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 pm
Posts: 1902
Suwanee88 wrote:
R S wrote:
franco32 wrote:
You CAN'T trade Alien. Our offense can't afford it. Every NFL offense needs an explosive player to threaten the D. We don't have that without Bryant (as annoyed as I am at him).

AB is about the only weapon in that category. Bell is a lot slower this year and lacks explosion in the open field. (I counted at least 3 big plays last night where the old Bell would have broken big gains...instead he was stopped by one guy for 2-3 yards.) Juju makes plays but he's not going to consistently burst away from you. Jesse James is what he is. Good TE but not threatening a D. DHB, Rogers, and Hunter are JAGS.

A Martavis Bryant with his head out of his ass is about the only thing that can really transform this offense at this point in the season. Otherwise, it will be a very plodding and churning O that struggles to score in the red zone.


BULLSHIT! MB is not making or breaking this team. He looks clueless on the field. This team made the AFCCG without him all season and is MUCH improved this year even without MB.


Disagree . MB as a 3 (as long he is trying) makes feel a lot better about possibly beating NE. Belicheck is going to take away LBell. He is going to make Ben beat him - hope he still has the skills to do it for 60 mins.


VERY good point.

_________________
Mike Tomlin. Useless idiot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6969
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 764154/Amp

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4927
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
I thought it was funny that according to the article, Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin were college teammates. Probably comes as news to them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6969
Ice wrote:
I thought it was funny that according to the article, Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin were college teammates. Probably comes as news to them.


Seminoles and Tigers are very similar

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1595
Ice wrote:
I thought it was funny that according to the article, Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin were college teammates. Probably comes as news to them.

Maybe they both went to WEED U (along with the author of the article) before transferring to Clemson and FSU, respectively. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4637
Suwanee88 wrote:
R S wrote:
franco32 wrote:
You CAN'T trade Alien. Our offense can't afford it. Every NFL offense needs an explosive player to threaten the D. We don't have that without Bryant (as annoyed as I am at him).

AB is about the only weapon in that category. Bell is a lot slower this year and lacks explosion in the open field. (I counted at least 3 big plays last night where the old Bell would have broken big gains...instead he was stopped by one guy for 2-3 yards.) Juju makes plays but he's not going to consistently burst away from you. Jesse James is what he is. Good TE but not threatening a D. DHB, Rogers, and Hunter are JAGS.

A Martavis Bryant with his head out of his ass is about the only thing that can really transform this offense at this point in the season. Otherwise, it will be a very plodding and churning O that struggles to score in the red zone.


BULLSHIT! MB is not making or breaking this team. He looks clueless on the field. This team made the AFCCG without him all season and is MUCH improved this year even without MB.


Disagree . MB as a 3 (as long he is trying) makes feel a lot better about possibly beating NE. Belicheck is going to take away LBell. He is going to make Ben beat him - hope he still has the skills to do it for 60 mins.


Injuries will likely take away Le'veon before Belichick does.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:15 am 
Online

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1536
fortythree wrote:
Id trade him to New England for a 3rd and Cooks.


Only Cooks AND a 3rd?

On what planet would they ever even contemplate a trade like that?

You must be joking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5609
Suwanee88 wrote:
R S wrote:
franco32 wrote:
You CAN'T trade Alien. Our offense can't afford it. Every NFL offense needs an explosive player to threaten the D. We don't have that without Bryant (as annoyed as I am at him).

AB is about the only weapon in that category. Bell is a lot slower this year and lacks explosion in the open field. (I counted at least 3 big plays last night where the old Bell would have broken big gains...instead he was stopped by one guy for 2-3 yards.) Juju makes plays but he's not going to consistently burst away from you. Jesse James is what he is. Good TE but not threatening a D. DHB, Rogers, and Hunter are JAGS.

A Martavis Bryant with his head out of his ass is about the only thing that can really transform this offense at this point in the season. Otherwise, it will be a very plodding and churning O that struggles to score in the red zone.


BULLSHIT! MB is not making or breaking this team. He looks clueless on the field. This team made the AFCCG without him all season and is MUCH improved this year even without MB.


Disagree . MB as a 3 (as long he is trying) makes feel a lot better about possibly beating NE. Belicheck is going to take away LBell. He is going to make Ben beat him - hope he still has the skills to do it for 60 mins.


With the game plan the Steelers threw out against the Pats last year, Jerry Rice as the #3 would not have made a difference. Bryant has looked lost on the field most of this year, and was not even around last year during the run to the playoffs. I refuse to concede that this dolt is the key to a Super Bowl. He's been thoroughly outplayed by a rookie and has turned into a cancer in the locker room. It doesn't matter how many fluff pieces they put out quoting teammates as being "all good" with MB. There is no way in hell he is looked at favorably in that locker room .

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4927
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
The keys to beating the Pats this year, like every year, are DEFENSE (man/bump coverage, quick hitting rush to mess up Marsha's timing), players other than AB and Bell (who BB will minimize/take out of the game plan) stepping up, and red zone scoring.

MB doesn't play defense, but he can definitely play a role in both of the two offensive keys if he/Tomlin can get his head screwed on straight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16811
R S wrote:
With the game plan the Steelers threw out against the Pats last year, Jerry Rice as the #3 would not have made a difference. Bryant has looked lost on the field most of this year, and was not even around last year during the run to the playoffs. I refuse to concede that this dolt is the key to a Super Bowl. He's been thoroughly outplayed by a rookie and has turned into a cancer in the locker room. It doesn't matter how many fluff pieces they put out quoting teammates as being "all good" with MB. There is no way in hell he is looked at favorably in that locker room .

Oh, I disagree with that statement. If the Steelers receivers simply catch the balls thrown to them and put their shoulder down to score when at the goal line, it's a hell of close game–– at minimum.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:26 am 
R S wrote:

With the game plan the Steelers threw out against the Pats last year, Jerry Rice as the #3 would not have made a difference. Bryant has looked lost on the field most of this year, and was not even around last year during the run to the playoffs. I refuse to concede that this dolt is the key to a Super Bowl. He's been thoroughly outplayed by a rookie and has turned into a cancer in the locker room. It doesn't matter how many fluff pieces they put out quoting teammates as being "all good" with MB. There is no way in hell he is looked at favorably in that locker room .



Listen Mr. Red pill/Blue pill

Why dont you just admit you take any opprotunity available to disparage black players and promote that they are a huge problem.


This is a totally different team when Bryant is afforded reasonable opprotunity to blow things wide open


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:26 am 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:
With the game plan the Steelers threw out against the Pats last year, Jerry Rice as the #3 would not have made a difference. Bryant has looked lost on the field most of this year, and was not even around last year during the run to the playoffs. I refuse to concede that this dolt is the key to a Super Bowl. He's been thoroughly outplayed by a rookie and has turned into a cancer in the locker room. It doesn't matter how many fluff pieces they put out quoting teammates as being "all good" with MB. There is no way in hell he is looked at favorably in that locker room .

Oh, I disagree with that statement. If the Steelers receivers simply catch the balls thrown to them and put their shoulder down to score when at the goal line, it's a hell of close game–– at minimum.



This


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChippedHamSandwich, Google [Bot], Hinestuff and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group