It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:09 pm 

FC wrote:
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Martavis Bryant has been told he is part of the Steelers' Week 10 game plan.
Pittsburgh is on bye this week, but Bryant will apparently be integrated back into the offense following the break. If true, it all but confirms Bryant will not be traded before today's deadline. Even so, JuJu Smith-Schuster has played too well to be demoted at this point.

Should be a 3WR base offense so there should be plenty of snaps to go around. Don’t waste too many on twin TEs, Nix or god forbid Eli.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:24 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
FC wrote:
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Martavis Bryant has been told he is part of the Steelers' Week 10 game plan.
Pittsburgh is on bye this week, but Bryant will apparently be integrated back into the offense following the break. If true, it all but confirms Bryant will not be traded before today's deadline. Even so, JuJu Smith-Schuster has played too well to be demoted at this point.

Should be a 3WR base offense so there should be plenty of snaps to go around. Don’t waste too many on twin TEs, Nix or god forbid Eli.

Depends on the two tight ends.

I am shocked by the blocking of Vance Macdonald.

Jesse James is actually a decent move blocker.

I like pro style sets.

That being said. I love single back single Te 3 Wr sets from under center

The Steelers offense has plenty of weapons....That effects playing time.

I would take AB off the field in some sets

My point no receiver would play 90% snaps

Its Todd Haley job to put players in positions to succeed...That's the Steelers issue

From a talent and depth perspective I would take the Steelers 11 on offense over any team in the NFL including the Texans because the Texans have to put out that joke of an offensive line

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:24 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Id trade him to New England for a 3rd and Cooks.

you have any reason to think NE would do this?

Other than that they inquired about Bryant, nope. I would just tell them that was my price.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:29 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
R S wrote:
franco32 wrote:
You CAN'T trade Alien. Our offense can't afford it. Every NFL offense needs an explosive player to threaten the D. We don't have that without Bryant (as annoyed as I am at him).

AB is about the only weapon in that category. Bell is a lot slower this year and lacks explosion in the open field. (I counted at least 3 big plays last night where the old Bell would have broken big gains...instead he was stopped by one guy for 2-3 yards.) Juju makes plays but he's not going to consistently burst away from you. Jesse James is what he is. Good TE but not threatening a D. DHB, Rogers, and Hunter are JAGS.

A Martavis Bryant with his head out of his ass is about the only thing that can really transform this offense at this point in the season. Otherwise, it will be a very plodding and churning O that struggles to score in the red zone.

BULLSHIT! MB is not making or breaking this team. He looks clueless on the field. This team made the AFCCG without him all season and is MUCH improved this year even without MB.

Disagree . MB as a 3 (as long he is trying) makes feel a lot better about possibly beating NE. Belicheck is going to take away LBell. He is going to make Ben beat him - hope he still has the skills to do it for 60 mins.

VERY good point.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:15 pm 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 764154/Amp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:32 pm 

I thought it was funny that according to the article, Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin were college teammates. Probably comes as news to them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:35 pm 

Ice wrote:
I thought it was funny that according to the article, Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin were college teammates. Probably comes as news to them.

Seminoles and Tigers are very similar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:39 pm 

Ice wrote:

Maybe they both went to WEED U (along with the author of the article) before transferring to Clemson and FSU, respectively. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:10 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
R S wrote:
franco32 wrote:
You CAN'T trade Alien. Our offense can't afford it. Every NFL offense needs an explosive player to threaten the D. We don't have that without Bryant (as annoyed as I am at him).

AB is about the only weapon in that category. Bell is a lot slower this year and lacks explosion in the open field. (I counted at least 3 big plays last night where the old Bell would have broken big gains...instead he was stopped by one guy for 2-3 yards.) Juju makes plays but he's not going to consistently burst away from you. Jesse James is what he is. Good TE but not threatening a D. DHB, Rogers, and Hunter are JAGS.

A Martavis Bryant with his head out of his ass is about the only thing that can really transform this offense at this point in the season. Otherwise, it will be a very plodding and churning O that struggles to score in the red zone.

BULLSHIT! MB is not making or breaking this team. He looks clueless on the field. This team made the AFCCG without him all season and is MUCH improved this year even without MB.

Disagree . MB as a 3 (as long he is trying) makes feel a lot better about possibly beating NE. Belicheck is going to take away LBell. He is going to make Ben beat him - hope he still has the skills to do it for 60 mins.

Injuries will likely take away Le'veon before Belichick does.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:15 am 

fortythree wrote:
Id trade him to New England for a 3rd and Cooks.

Only Cooks AND a 3rd?

On what planet would they ever even contemplate a trade like that?

You must be joking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next