It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: What would it take to pry Martavis from the Steelers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
R S wrote:
franco32 wrote:
You CAN'T trade Alien. Our offense can't afford it. Every NFL offense needs an explosive player to threaten the D. We don't have that without Bryant (as annoyed as I am at him).

AB is about the only weapon in that category. Bell is a lot slower this year and lacks explosion in the open field. (I counted at least 3 big plays last night where the old Bell would have broken big gains...instead he was stopped by one guy for 2-3 yards.) Juju makes plays but he's not going to consistently burst away from you. Jesse James is what he is. Good TE but not threatening a D. DHB, Rogers, and Hunter are JAGS.

A Martavis Bryant with his head out of his ass is about the only thing that can really transform this offense at this point in the season. Otherwise, it will be a very plodding and churning O that struggles to score in the red zone.

BULLSHIT! MB is not making or breaking this team. He looks clueless on the field. This team made the AFCCG without him all season and is MUCH improved this year even without MB.

Disagree . MB as a 3 (as long he is trying) makes feel a lot better about possibly beating NE. Belicheck is going to take away LBell. He is going to make Ben beat him - hope he still has the skills to do it for 60 mins.

With the game plan the Steelers threw out against the Pats last year, Jerry Rice as the #3 would not have made a difference. Bryant has looked lost on the field most of this year, and was not even around last year during the run to the playoffs. I refuse to concede that this dolt is the key to a Super Bowl. He's been thoroughly outplayed by a rookie and has turned into a cancer in the locker room. It doesn't matter how many fluff pieces they put out quoting teammates as being "all good" with MB. There is no way in hell he is looked at favorably in that locker room .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:12 am 

The keys to beating the Pats this year, like every year, are DEFENSE (man/bump coverage, quick hitting rush to mess up Marsha's timing), players other than AB and Bell (who BB will minimize/take out of the game plan) stepping up, and red zone scoring.

MB doesn't play defense, but he can definitely play a role in both of the two offensive keys if he/Tomlin can get his head screwed on straight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:20 am 

R S wrote:
With the game plan the Steelers threw out against the Pats last year, Jerry Rice as the #3 would not have made a difference. Bryant has looked lost on the field most of this year, and was not even around last year during the run to the playoffs. I refuse to concede that this dolt is the key to a Super Bowl. He's been thoroughly outplayed by a rookie and has turned into a cancer in the locker room. It doesn't matter how many fluff pieces they put out quoting teammates as being "all good" with MB. There is no way in hell he is looked at favorably in that locker room .

Oh, I disagree with that statement. If the Steelers receivers simply catch the balls thrown to them and put their shoulder down to score when at the goal line, it's a hell of close game–– at minimum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:26 am 
R S wrote:

Listen Mr. Red pill/Blue pill

Why dont you just admit you take any opprotunity available to disparage black players and promote that they are a huge problem.

This is a totally different team when Bryant is afforded reasonable opprotunity to blow things wide open

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:26 am 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:

Oh, I disagree with that statement. If the Steelers receivers simply catch the balls thrown to them and put their shoulder down to score when at the goal line, it's a hell of close game–– at minimum.

This

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6