It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Torch was passed to JuJu tonight
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:12 am 

it's still yggy wrote:
I like jujus sense of humor.

Any rate yeah they need both him and Martavis on the field. This lions game to me had sort of a playoff feel. IOW we could see a team like that in the playoffs. Lions do not look bad either. I can see them going a ways in the NFC.

Relying on 3-4 goal line/ red zone stops is not a formula for success. It’s fun to watch but replay that game I’m pretty convinced lions get at least one of those tds. What did they have almost 500 yards passing?

Reason I say this is not to criticize the D but the O. Feeding bell half the offensive snaps is going to bite them. They need to get MB back and McDonald and use them.

Also I’ll add OT issues are a big factor this season. Gilbert needs to return. Villy needs to play better.

We need the offense clicking like it was first half vs Bengals. I am satisfied with the looks the coaches gave us in the passing game yesterday.

We should probably thank the Lions for running into a brick wall on a few crucial near the goal line plays.

I agree, we need to get back to having McDonald involved ASAP.

We need to get something from a WR to go along with AB and JuJu.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 am 

SP wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Quote:
JuJu Smith-Schuster‏
Verified account
 @TeamJuJu
“Juju Smith-Schuster Draft Scouting Report: Will struggle to separate from NFL CBs, not a deep threat, not a precise route runner”

I like JuJu a lot, but that scouting report isn't entirely wrong.

I tend to agree on your take here SP, still a pretty funny tweet by JuJu. He seems like hes a genuinely good dude...the tweet pic of him and Bryant was also a savvy vet type move to smooth things over cuz stuff like what Bryant has been doing on twitter could just easily have gone south and can derail a season

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
The key to Juju's success is the way they're using him. He runs a ton in the slot and he gets routes in the middle of the field. They use him in an entirely different way than they do Bryant. Have to get them both on the field and both doing more kinds of routes. It's actually true of the other receivers, too.

Steelers ran at least 4 plays for JuJu that they previously ran for Bryant. The first pass play was run for Bryant twice, once vs the Jag and Bears zero catches. First down In route with the DB on his back is a Bryant staple that frequently gets stripped out, The dig route on 3rd down, and the one he dropped are all Bryant specific plays. Because if he (Bryant) catches any one of those first two passes he might score and on the dig or the drop its at least 20 yards.

IMO I hope Bryant looks at the film and says "damn he got the same plays as me and he put up 193, I could have put up 250 or 300 if I just get my head around and catch the ball". I agree with Tomlin there is a certain amount of competitor and dysfunction that makes a great WR- and it is ok to express dissatisfaction to those who can solve the problem- not some internet troll baiter. But when one puts on the film and a guy that's slower and younger than you is using your routes to get almost 2 hunnit- That's the wake-up call

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:33 am 

Juju made a beautiful film last night.

Juju vs Lions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXmf_iJZgHQ

It's an NFL video so it doesn't embed. Some of the YouTube comments are funny.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 am 

Stallworth16 wrote:
Juju made a beautiful film last night.

Juju vs Lions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXmf_iJZgHQ

It's an NFL video so it doesn't embed. Some of the YouTube comments are funny.

Thanks for posting those highlights, Stalls

Great stuff.

JuJu could become a monster for us. He moves pretty well for a guy his size.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:51 am 

VeritasSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
The key to Juju's success is the way they're using him. He runs a ton in the slot and he gets routes in the middle of the field. They use him in an entirely different way than they do Bryant. Have to get them both on the field and both doing more kinds of routes. It's actually true of the other receivers, too.

Steelers ran at least 4 plays for JuJu that they previously ran for Bryant. The first pass play was run for Bryant twice, once vs the Jag and Bears zero catches. First down In route with the DB on his back is a Bryant staple that frequently gets stripped out, The dig route on 3rd down, and the one he dropped are all Bryant specific plays. Because if he (Bryant) catches any one of those first two passes he might score and on the dig or the drop its at least 20 yards.

IMO I hope Bryant looks at the film and says "damn he got the same plays as me and he put up 193, I could have put up 250 or 300 if I just get my head around and catch the ball". I agree with Tomlin there is a certain amount of competitor and dysfunction that makes a great WR- and it is ok to express dissatisfaction to those who can solve the problem- not some internet troll baiter. But when one puts on the film and a guy that's slower and younger than you is using your routes to get almost 2 hunnit- That's the wake-up call

Bryant got one dig this year, one. And I'm not sure he's ever gotten that hole shot fake screen target-- in a way wouldn't work as well for him b/c the opponent is scared shutless of his speed.

He damn sure never got deep seam from the slot. Maybe in his rookie season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:56 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Bryant got one dig this year, one. And I'm not sure he's ever gotten that hole shot fake screen target-- in a way wouldn't work as well for him b/c the opponent is scared shutless of his speed.

He damn sure never got deep seam from the slot. Maybe in his rookie season.

No he never got the deep seam because he doesnt know how to set it up. But check the tape on the Jags game and the Bears game- they've run that fake screen for him to start the game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:02 am 

I will do that. Question for you to ponder: how does one set up the deep seam from the slot if one never lines up in the slot?

I'm going to hold on to jsage is different, since Bryant being tasked to do anything besides a vertical route on the outside, a drag, or a screen is so rare-- vs it being common for Juju.

Could Bryant have made more of his opportunities? Absolutely. However, the way he is used makes Bryant's job so much more difficult. The defender has so much less to worry about.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:57 pm 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
I thought Schuster might get caught from behind. He isn't very fast but fast enough to out run 3 DB's for that Huge, huge score. Most exciting play of the night.

I'd say most exciting play of the season. Any other contenders? I can't think of any.

AB against the Chefs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:04 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
I thought Schuster might get caught from behind. He isn't very fast but fast enough to out run 3 DB's for that Huge, huge score. Most exciting play of the night.

I'd say most exciting play of the season. Any other contenders? I can't think of any.

AB against the Chefs

Very similar, too, in that if the WR doesn't execute the miracle play, the team likely gets caught from behind on the scoreboard, and would likely have had difficulty pulling out the win. Also similar in that both teams were let back into the game with a turtle-inspired offense that let the opponent back in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next