It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:53 pm 

I still don't understand why James is getting any playing time when you need a pass rush because the inability last week against the lions and rookie Tackle. It ticks me off if he not playing give someone some playing time. but i really wouldn't mind seeing Ayers replace rodgers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:17 pm 

Cam Sutton is being groomed to be the punt returner, he has started the process of returning from IR, can now practice with the team, that 21 day window has happened.

I don't think Ayers ever really had a shot to be the return man, I think Tomlin/Smith always had an eye towards Sutton ultimately being that man. So, I think Rogers stays. Ayers only chance to make this team was always in what he could do as a return man. I just think they view Rogers as a better WR. But now with Sutton ready to come back, that ship has sailed for Ayers. Maybe if Rogers were injured, and Sutton was not ready to come off the IR, maybe then Ayers, assuming he changed his stance on resigning with the team, maybe then he might have been able to come back.

But that is all water under the bridge. Ayers, Rogers, I see the punt return job going to Cam Sutton. I see them giving Sensabaugh his pink slip, just has not played any on defense and not really a good special teams player of note. Then Sutton replaces him on the roster. The return game needs a spark, we need that competitive advantage of better field position, it all starts with giving Sutton a chance. For those that don't know what a good return man Sutton is, look at his college highlights on Youtube. You won't be disappointed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:06 am 

Sure hope you're right. The PR situation is untenable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:07 pm 

Sutton should be the next man up as PR as soon as he activated.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:46 am 

JackSplat58 wrote:

I think that is BS. Rodgers has muffed as many punts as Brown has this year. The coaching staff are idiots to force Brown back there all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:27 am 

jebrick wrote:
JackSplat58 wrote:

I think that is BS. Rodgers has muffed as many punts as Brown has this year. The coaching staff are idiots to force Brown back there all the time.

True, but Eli looked pretty shaky and shitty on the punts he didn't muff.

It does look kind of like AB has been told just to make the easy fair catches - who needs a good punt return or field position if we have a lead?!?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12