It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:10 am 

Ben is like 6th to 8th in DVOA & DYAR & EYds... if anyone thinks they're winning in spite of him, they don't know shit about football.

I think he is a little off and the whole receiving corps looks like they are rusty-- kind of true, since AB and Bell consume so much offense and guys like Rogers & DHB almost never see the football. I can only speak for myself but being a receiver is so much easier when you're getting regular looks'and running different patterns. When you get lulled into expecting not to get the ball, sometimes it seems so difficult to make even simple catches. Pros should be better at it than I am, but human nature is what it is.

Same with all the concerted run blocking effort. Damn hard to sell out as a blocker all game and then make big receiving plays. Kudos to the Hines Ward-Heath-Juju type of guys but it's not easy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:19 am 

Havoc wrote:
The all 22 overhead shot is a better view on the throw to Rogers in the EZ.

That is a catch Rogers has to make. And he knew it by his reaction.

Ben led him away from the defenders.

Yeah you can argue either way. Rodgers probably should hav3 laid out for that one. But you also notice doesn’t step into that throw. He’s standing nearly straight up because the pocket is being pushed. He doesn’t need to lead Rodgers that much. Rodgers has his guy beat, the route worked.

IDK I see Ben missing not as sharp as he was

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:40 am 

it's still yggy wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Yeah you can argue either way. Rodgers probably should hav3 laid out for that one. But you also notice doesn’t step into that throw. He’s standing nearly straight up because the pocket is being pushed. He doesn’t need to lead Rodgers that much. Rodgers has his guy beat, the route worked.

lol I find it so tedious to continually, put every Ben pass under a hyperbolic microscope.

Given how many posters lose their fucking minds easily, in game day threads, on any minuscule negative play, I don't know how many of you conjure the energy for all the Ben-dislike?!

It should be quite entertaining, when Landry runs the offense for a season or two!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:48 am 

Stillchest wrote:
It should be quite entertaining, when Landry runs the offense for a season or two!

One can only hope there's no chance of that, you know, actually happening.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:58 am 

Stillchest wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
Havoc wrote:

lol I find it so tedious to continually, put every Ben pass under a hyperbolic microscope.

Given how many posters lose their fucking minds easily, in game day threads, on any minuscule negative play, I don't know how many of you conjure the energy for all the Ben-dislike?!

I wouldn’t say microscope. He’s the big guy there throwing the fucking football.

Hey nobody more than me wants Ben to come out from the bye and go scotched earth en route to a SB mvp title. He’s not playing up to his standards. His play and his facial and body language are clear proof that he knows it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:59 am 

Ice wrote:
Stillchest wrote:

One can only hope there's no chance of that, you know, actually happening.

Well, say...Ben decides to retire after this season. Plausible, right?

Landry knows the system, has started games in the league, and they really have no other young QB, that could legitimately be considered the Franchise post Ben.

I could see Landry starting for at least one season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:17 pm 

It should be quite entertaining, when Landry runs the offense for a season or two![/quote]

I wouldn’t say microscope. He’s the big guy there throwing the fucking football.

Hey nobody more than me wants Ben to come out from the bye and go scotched earth en route to a SB mvp title. He’s not playing up to his standards. His play and his facial and body language are clear proof that he knows it.[/quote]

I think many are reading far too much into Ben's interpreted "body language." None of us can really gauge that, can we?! He does appear frustrated at times for multiple reasons.

We've had a lot of moving parts on offense to begin the season. Guys missing time and reps and the staff assuming Marty would come back and be the player he was pre-suspension. Seems like that was presumptuous of us to expect that. JuJu being acclimated into the offense, he is a rookie. Just the lfacr, Ben and the WR's having so little reps together.

All the talk about the offense putting up 30+ points per game. Distraction after distraction.
Yet, the team is 6-2 and some of the big pass plays they didn't hit on, at the beginning of this season, they are now making. Ben's YPA has gone up, aside from that horrific Jaguars game, he's playing better, and I think he will continue to play even better, during the second half of the season. I see lots of positives with the offense.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:49 pm 

This thread is awfully “awful Ben” slanted. Most of you all will be eating your words quite soon.

Look up the philosophy of minimum effective dose. I think Ben and Tomlin have a sizable portion in their philosophy.

Minimum Effective Dose:
Practice as little as necessary, but as much as needed.
Throw as little as possible, but as much as necessary.
Score as little as possible, but enough to win.
Expend the least amount of energy during the week as possible, but do what it takes to be ready.
Expend the least amount of practice early on and then ramp it up at the end of the season.
Use the players sparingly in preseason.
Coach as little as possible, but as much as needed.
Hold your cards close to the vest, but reveal what is necessary.

Ben is fine and playing superbly. It will come together. All we need to do is take care of business and worry about one game. How to beat NE! They upgraded the secondary...check. I think this will be the Bulls finally beating the Pistons this year! In the regular season only; we will not see them in the playoffs.

Another thing about this 30 points non-sense; it makes business sense to employ a minimum effective points strategy. You start destroying the scoreboard, and the stats will follow for the QB, RB and WRs. When the stats follow the payroll goes up to the point where you begin needing to make unnecessary trade off decisions on personnel versus being middle of the pack in scoring.

Ben and the Steelers will finish gloriously on top of the mountain and he will be back next year for Terry’s record of 4 rings.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:09 pm 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ben is like 6th to 8th in DVOA & DYAR & EYds... if anyone thinks they're winning in spite of him, they don't know shit about football.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:11 pm 
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
This thread is awfully “awful Ben” slanted. Most of you all will be eating your words quite soon.

Look up the philosophy of minimum effective dose. I think Ben and Tomlin have a sizable portion in their philosophy.

Minimum Effective Dose:
Practice as little as necessary, but as much as needed.
Throw as little as possible, but as much as necessary.
Score as little as possible, but enough to win.
Expend the least amount of energy during the week as possible, but do what it takes to be ready.
Expend the least amount of practice early on and then ramp it up at the end of the season.
Use the players sparingly in preseason.
Coach as little as possible, but as much as needed.
Hold your cards close to the vest, but reveal what is necessary.

Ben is fine and playing superbly. It will come together. All we need to do is take care of business and worry about one game. How to beat NE! They upgraded the secondary...check. I think this will be the Bulls finally beating the Pistons this year! In the regular season only; we will not see them in the playoffs.

Another thing about this 30 points non-sense; it makes business sense to employ a minimum effective points strategy. You start destroying the scoreboard, and the stats will follow for the QB, RB and WRs. When the stats follow the payroll goes up to the point where you begin needing to make unnecessary trade off decisions on personnel versus being middle of the pack in scoring.

Ben and the Steelers will finish gloriously on top of the mountain and he will be back next year for Terry’s record of 4 rings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next