It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16335
Ben is like 6th to 8th in DVOA & DYAR & EYds... if anyone thinks they're winning in spite of him, they don't know shit about football.

I think he is a little off and the whole receiving corps looks like they are rusty-- kind of true, since AB and Bell consume so much offense and guys like Rogers & DHB almost never see the football. I can only speak for myself but being a receiver is so much easier when you're getting regular looks'and running different patterns. When you get lulled into expecting not to get the ball, sometimes it seems so difficult to make even simple catches. Pros should be better at it than I am, but human nature is what it is.

Same with all the concerted run blocking effort. Damn hard to sell out as a blocker all game and then make big receiving plays. Kudos to the Hines Ward-Heath-Juju type of guys but it's not easy.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1451
Havoc wrote:
The all 22 overhead shot is a better view on the throw to Rogers in the EZ.

That is a catch Rogers has to make. And he knew it by his reaction.

Ben led him away from the defenders.


Yeah you can argue either way. Rodgers probably should hav3 laid out for that one. But you also notice doesn’t step into that throw. He’s standing nearly straight up because the pocket is being pushed. He doesn’t need to lead Rodgers that much. Rodgers has his guy beat, the route worked.

IDK I see Ben missing not as sharp as he was


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 673
it's still yggy wrote:
Havoc wrote:
The all 22 overhead shot is a better view on the throw to Rogers in the EZ.

That is a catch Rogers has to make. And he knew it by his reaction.

Ben led him away from the defenders.


Yeah you can argue either way. Rodgers probably should hav3 laid out for that one. But you also notice doesn’t step into that throw. He’s standing nearly straight up because the pocket is being pushed. He doesn’t need to lead Rodgers that much. Rodgers has his guy beat, the route worked.

IDK I see Ben missing not as sharp as he was


lol I find it so tedious to continually, put every Ben pass under a hyperbolic microscope.

Given how many posters lose their fucking minds easily, in game day threads, on any minuscule negative play, I don't know how many of you conjure the energy for all the Ben-dislike?!

It should be quite entertaining, when Landry runs the offense for a season or two!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4696
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Stillchest wrote:
It should be quite entertaining, when Landry runs the offense for a season or two!


One can only hope there's no chance of that, you know, actually happening.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1451
Stillchest wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
Havoc wrote:
The all 22 overhead shot is a better view on the throw to Rogers in the EZ.

That is a catch Rogers has to make. And he knew it by his reaction.

Ben led him away from the defenders.


Yeah you can argue either way. Rodgers probably should hav3 laid out for that one. But you also notice doesn’t step into that throw. He’s standing nearly straight up because the pocket is being pushed. He doesn’t need to lead Rodgers that much. Rodgers has his guy beat, the route worked.

IDK I see Ben missing not as sharp as he was


lol I find it so tedious to continually, put every Ben pass under a hyperbolic microscope.

Given how many posters lose their fucking minds easily, in game day threads, on any minuscule negative play, I don't know how many of you conjure the energy for all the Ben-dislike?!

It should be quite entertaining, when Landry runs the offense for a season or two!


I wouldn’t say microscope. He’s the big guy there throwing the fucking football.

Hey nobody more than me wants Ben to come out from the bye and go scotched earth en route to a SB mvp title. He’s not playing up to his standards. His play and his facial and body language are clear proof that he knows it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 673
Ice wrote:
Stillchest wrote:
It should be quite entertaining, when Landry runs the offense for a season or two!


One can only hope there's no chance of that, you know, actually happening.


Well, say...Ben decides to retire after this season. Plausible, right?

Landry knows the system, has started games in the league, and they really have no other young QB, that could legitimately be considered the Franchise post Ben.

I could see Landry starting for at least one season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 673
lol I find it so tedious to continually, put every Ben pass under a hyperbolic microscope.

Given how many posters lose their fucking minds easily, in game day threads, on any minuscule negative play, I don't know how many of you conjure the energy for all the Ben-dislike?!

It should be quite entertaining, when Landry runs the offense for a season or two![/quote]

I wouldn’t say microscope. He’s the big guy there throwing the fucking football.

Hey nobody more than me wants Ben to come out from the bye and go scotched earth en route to a SB mvp title. He’s not playing up to his standards. His play and his facial and body language are clear proof that he knows it.[/quote]

I think many are reading far too much into Ben's interpreted "body language." None of us can really gauge that, can we?! He does appear frustrated at times for multiple reasons.

We've had a lot of moving parts on offense to begin the season. Guys missing time and reps and the staff assuming Marty would come back and be the player he was pre-suspension. Seems like that was presumptuous of us to expect that. JuJu being acclimated into the offense, he is a rookie. Just the lfacr, Ben and the WR's having so little reps together.

All the talk about the offense putting up 30+ points per game. Distraction after distraction.
Yet, the team is 6-2 and some of the big pass plays they didn't hit on, at the beginning of this season, they are now making. Ben's YPA has gone up, aside from that horrific Jaguars game, he's playing better, and I think he will continue to play even better, during the second half of the season. I see lots of positives with the offense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1188
This thread is awfully “awful Ben” slanted. Most of you all will be eating your words quite soon.

Look up the philosophy of minimum effective dose. I think Ben and Tomlin have a sizable portion in their philosophy.

Minimum Effective Dose:
Practice as little as necessary, but as much as needed.
Throw as little as possible, but as much as necessary.
Score as little as possible, but enough to win.
Expend the least amount of energy during the week as possible, but do what it takes to be ready.
Expend the least amount of practice early on and then ramp it up at the end of the season.
Use the players sparingly in preseason.
Coach as little as possible, but as much as needed.
Hold your cards close to the vest, but reveal what is necessary.

Ben is fine and playing superbly. It will come together. All we need to do is take care of business and worry about one game. How to beat NE! They upgraded the secondary...check. I think this will be the Bulls finally beating the Pistons this year! In the regular season only; we will not see them in the playoffs.

Another thing about this 30 points non-sense; it makes business sense to employ a minimum effective points strategy. You start destroying the scoreboard, and the stats will follow for the QB, RB and WRs. When the stats follow the payroll goes up to the point where you begin needing to make unnecessary trade off decisions on personnel versus being middle of the pack in scoring.

Ben and the Steelers will finish gloriously on top of the mountain and he will be back next year for Terry’s record of 4 rings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:09 pm 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ben is like 6th to 8th in DVOA & DYAR & EYds... if anyone thinks they're winning in spite of him, they don't know shit about football.

.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:11 pm 
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
This thread is awfully “awful Ben” slanted. Most of you all will be eating your words quite soon.

Look up the philosophy of minimum effective dose. I think Ben and Tomlin have a sizable portion in their philosophy.

Minimum Effective Dose:
Practice as little as necessary, but as much as needed.
Throw as little as possible, but as much as necessary.
Score as little as possible, but enough to win.
Expend the least amount of energy during the week as possible, but do what it takes to be ready.
Expend the least amount of practice early on and then ramp it up at the end of the season.
Use the players sparingly in preseason.
Coach as little as possible, but as much as needed.
Hold your cards close to the vest, but reveal what is necessary.

Ben is fine and playing superbly. It will come together. All we need to do is take care of business and worry about one game. How to beat NE! They upgraded the secondary...check. I think this will be the Bulls finally beating the Pistons this year! In the regular season only; we will not see them in the playoffs.

Another thing about this 30 points non-sense; it makes business sense to employ a minimum effective points strategy. You start destroying the scoreboard, and the stats will follow for the QB, RB and WRs. When the stats follow the payroll goes up to the point where you begin needing to make unnecessary trade off decisions on personnel versus being middle of the pack in scoring.

Ben and the Steelers will finish gloriously on top of the mountain and he will be back next year for Terry’s record of 4 rings.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6337
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
This thread is awfully “awful Ben” slanted. Most of you all will be eating your words quite soon.

Look up the philosophy of minimum effective dose. I think Ben and Tomlin have a sizable portion in their philosophy.

Minimum Effective Dose:
Practice as little as necessary, but as much as needed.
Throw as little as possible, but as much as necessary.
Score as little as possible, but enough to win.
Expend the least amount of energy during the week as possible, but do what it takes to be ready.
Expend the least amount of practice early on and then ramp it up at the end of the season.
Use the players sparingly in preseason.
Coach as little as possible, but as much as needed.
Hold your cards close to the vest, but reveal what is necessary.

Ben is fine and playing superbly. It will come together. All we need to do is take care of business and worry about one game. How to beat NE! They upgraded the secondary...check. I think this will be the Bulls finally beating the Pistons this year! In the regular season only; we will not see them in the playoffs.

Another thing about this 30 points non-sense; it makes business sense to employ a minimum effective points strategy. You start destroying the scoreboard, and the stats will follow for the QB, RB and WRs. When the stats follow the payroll goes up to the point where you begin needing to make unnecessary trade off decisions on personnel versus being middle of the pack in scoring.

Ben and the Steelers will finish gloriously on top of the mountain and he will be back next year for Terry’s record of 4 rings.
I agree with you. Not sure about not seeing the pats in the playoffs, though.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1451
Stillchest wrote:
lol I find it so tedious to continually, put every Ben pass under a hyperbolic microscope.

Given how many posters lose their fucking minds easily, in game day threads, on any minuscule negative play, I don't know how many of you conjure the energy for all the Ben-dislike?!

It should be quite entertaining, when Landry runs the offense for a season or two!


I wouldn’t say microscope. He’s the big guy there throwing the fucking football.

Hey nobody more than me wants Ben to come out from the bye and go scotched earth en route to a SB mvp title. He’s not playing up to his standards. His play and his facial and body language are clear proof that he knows it.[/quote]

I think many are reading far too much into Ben's interpreted "body language." None of us can really gauge that, can we?! He does appear frustrated at times for multiple reasons.

We've had a lot of moving parts on offense to begin the season. Guys missing time and reps and the staff assuming Marty would come back and be the player he was pre-suspension. Seems like that was presumptuous of us to expect that. JuJu being acclimated into the offense, he is a rookie. Just the lfacr, Ben and the WR's having so little reps together.

All the talk about the offense putting up 30+ points per game. Distraction after distraction.
Yet, the team is 6-2 and some of the big pass plays they didn't hit on, at the beginning of this season, they are now making. Ben's YPA has gone up, aside from that horrific Jaguars game, he's playing better, and I think he will continue to play even better, during the second half of the season. I see lots of positives with the offense.[/quote]

Well the whole point of body language is for other people to gauge it. I mean that’s what’s body language is.

Any rate, bens a big boy with a fat ass bank account. I doubt he cries himself to sleep because an internet poster called yggy says he’s not been playing his best ball.

Th3 30 points goal thing actually came from Ben. I think it’s totally fine to have that as a goal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 673
"Well the whole point of body language is for other people to gauge it. I mean that’s what’s body language is.

Any rate, bens a big boy with a fat ass bank account. I doubt he cries himself to sleep because an internet poster called yggy says he’s not been playing his best ball.

Th3 30 points goal thing actually came from Ben. I think it’s totally fine to have that as a goal."

I just think there's too much presumption and assumption as it relates to Ben's play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6337
I purposefully didn't log int SF for the game.

Glad I didn't. The game wasn't as bad as it was made to seem in subsequent posts. BR has indeed been below par, but that's better than above par for most. I'll take it. The pass to JuJu was a thing of beauty. DHB and Rogers should have caught those passes, even if they were slightly overthrown. Anything that touches your hands should be caught. That's 14 points right there.

Conversely, Detroit got fucked with a few plays in the red zone. Another 14 points for them, and the steelers still win.

Defense came up big, but needs some work with quality QB's.

If everything starts to click in the next few games, look out.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6897
The pass to Rogers was not overthrown...not even slightly, he laid the ball right over his shoulder, right into ER hands. Flat out drop.
I’m all for being critical for discussion sake, but let’s not make shit up.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11333
Hopefully with Bryant back the light goes on for Haley and he starts moving JuJu and Bryant around, running full route trees. I'd expect that to cause all kinds of confusion and worries for the defense.

The really surprising thing to me on that TD, was JuJu showed me that while he may not have the speed to run past guys, if he gets separation most DB's probably aren't going to close that gap.

I still think a good OC can manipulate defenses all kinds of ways with AB, JuJu and Bryant, and then slip in Bell or JJ (or MacDonald) to take advantage of voids created with big plays.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8901
Agreed Kodiak. We just have so many damn weapons on this team.

Time to turn this mortherfucker loose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11333
Orangesteel wrote:
Agreed Kodiak. We just have so many damn weapons on this team.

Time to turn this mortherfucker loose.


I seem to remember a comment or blurb that I think people have forgotten - PIT had to simplify/dumb down the offense. Bell missed camp, you had a number of young guys and new faces....it might explain the above average number of miscues and miscommunications we've seen.

Maybe as guys have gotten more comfortable Haley is opening-up the offense more, and as a result we're seeing better opportunities for the passing game.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am
Posts: 1188
Kodiak mentioned McDonald....where the hell was he the whole Lions game. Jesse James had his longest play ever, so i figure McDonald would have taken it to the house.

McDonald is a superior TE no if ands or buts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11333
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Kodiak mentioned McDonald....where the hell was he the whole Lions game.


I believe he was "out" because of injury.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4147
I still don't understand why James is getting any playing time when you need a pass rush because the inability last week against the lions and rookie Tackle. It ticks me off if he not playing give someone some playing time. but i really wouldn't mind seeing Ayers replace rodgers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1920
Cam Sutton is being groomed to be the punt returner, he has started the process of returning from IR, can now practice with the team, that 21 day window has happened.

I don't think Ayers ever really had a shot to be the return man, I think Tomlin/Smith always had an eye towards Sutton ultimately being that man. So, I think Rogers stays. Ayers only chance to make this team was always in what he could do as a return man. I just think they view Rogers as a better WR. But now with Sutton ready to come back, that ship has sailed for Ayers. Maybe if Rogers were injured, and Sutton was not ready to come off the IR, maybe then Ayers, assuming he changed his stance on resigning with the team, maybe then he might have been able to come back.

But that is all water under the bridge. Ayers, Rogers, I see the punt return job going to Cam Sutton. I see them giving Sensabaugh his pink slip, just has not played any on defense and not really a good special teams player of note. Then Sutton replaces him on the roster. The return game needs a spark, we need that competitive advantage of better field position, it all starts with giving Sutton a chance. For those that don't know what a good return man Sutton is, look at his college highlights on Youtube. You won't be disappointed.

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 pm
Posts: 1902
Sure hope you're right. The PR situation is untenable.

_________________
Mike Tomlin. Useless idiot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4147
Sutton should be the next man up as PR as soon as he activated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Fifth Quarter - Lions Game Notes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3143
JackSplat58 wrote:
Sure hope you're right. The PR situation is untenable.


I think that is BS. Rodgers has muffed as many punts as Brown has this year. The coaching staff are idiots to force Brown back there all the time.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AirRescueFF, Google [Bot], Spit in your eye, StillerDownSouth, Stillerz Bar and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group