It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hargrave
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:11 am 

Like Dupree or not, he caused that weak ass move by Stafford.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:30 am 

Once yesterday, I saw Dupree starting to run the arc but then turn and bull rush pushing his man toward Stafford. Seemed to cause some pressure but I think the pass was completed. Looked like a decent pass rushing move though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:43 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:
SP wrote:
Bud Dupree collapsed the pocket on that play from the QBs blind side which pushed Stafford up into Hargrave

The two keys to having a good edge rush: (a) having decent edge rushers and (b) pressure up the middle preventing the QB from stepping up. Hargrave and Dupree worked in unison last night on 4th and 7th.

Don't you know that you can't credit more than 1 Steeler player per play on this site??????

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:12 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:
SP wrote:
Bud Dupree collapsed the pocket on that play from the QBs blind side which pushed Stafford up into Hargrave

Bud Dupree is a bust. Maybe not Jarvis level but his ceiling is mediocre OLB. Like every blind squirrel he finds a nut once in a while.

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Dupree has been impactful. I can't label him a bust. They can't all be hall of famers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:12 pm 

R S wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
SP wrote:

Bud Dupree is a bust. Maybe not Jarvis level but his ceiling is mediocre OLB. Like every blind squirrel he finds a nut once in a while.

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Dupree has been impactful. I can't label him a bust. They can't all be hall of famers.

Not a bust, but a disappointment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:19 pm 

SP wrote:
I watched him a bunch last night. He might not have the stats, but he did apply pressure. Bradford was avoiding him. Seems the hit on Matt Moore had an effect.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:42 pm 

I think that we underestimate the fact that the Lions were coming off a bye week and schemed Dupree and Watt out effectively. I think I saw Watt make more potential plays in the secondary than he did around the QB. And Dupree was setting the edge and preventing that cut back that has been gashing us since Chicago. I think our interior DLmen looked fantastic as a result. Having Tuitt in there might have made it ugly, but Alu seems to have found himself in there next to Hargrave.

Hargrave might be ready to take that next step of being super effective in the second half of the season. At least that's what I'm hoping

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:52 pm 

I'll also give Dupree credit for the one play on the late goal to go stop. It was a bootleg to his side and he blew up the TE before the going after Stafford. It completely disrupted the play. Too often you see guys immediately go after the QB and get stuck in no man's land.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:50 pm 

seabs926 wrote:
I'll also give Dupree credit for the one play on the late goal to go stop. It was a bootleg to his side and he blew up the TE before the going after Stafford. It completely disrupted the play. Too often you see guys immediately go after the QB and get stuck in no man's land.

Yup...knocked him on his ass. I'm not down on Dupree, as are many of you. Seems he gets harsh treatment here, then makes a play to redeem himself.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:00 pm 

seabs926 wrote:

My only complaint was after he knocked his guy straight on his ass he kind of stayed there for a second or two -- once his guy was down he should've charged Stafford to force the throw away or maybe even get a sack if Stafford tried to hold the ball.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next