It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Put some Prayers up for Zach Miller
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:52 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
That's a shame when watching the video, but it's not hard to watch at all.

The Paul George and Gordon Hayward injuries and the Ware kid from Louisville were ten times harder to watch.

Even more surprising to me is that educated adults still believe praying does anything.

Cody- Anything positive beats a neutral or negative any day- unless its a medical test.No one was asking you to convert to a religion, grab a set of rosary beads, kneel on a prayer mat, or have sex with a bull (Macedonians) - you could have just sent a positive thought. But I guess you wanted a chance to push your religious beliefs on the rest of us.

Cody not to attack you but you sounded like a Star Trek Nerd when the conversation is about Star Wars?

:geek: "Kirk would not use a lightsaber because it's not real science and he'd want a yellow one".

I think you're remembering wrong on that one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Steelcody36 wrote:
That's a shame when watching the video, but it's not hard to watch at all.

The Paul George and Gordon Hayward injuries and the Ware kid from Louisville were ten times harder to watch.

Even more surprising to me is that educated adults still believe praying does anything.

Cody- Anything positive beats a neutral or negative any day- unless its a medical test.No one was asking you to convert to a religion, grab a set of rosary beads, kneel on a prayer mat, or have sex with a bull (Macedonians) - you could have just sent a positive thought. But I guess you wanted a chance to push your religious beliefs on the rest of us.

Cody not to attack you but you sounded like a Star Trek Nerd when the conversation is about Star Wars?

:geek: "Kirk would not use a lightsaber because it's not real science and he'd want a yellow one".

He won't read anything on this board, so it doesn't matter haha.

Pray to whatever invisible sky God ya want, it won't help anyone. How can I push religious beliefs on anyone when I'm not religious?

Odd statement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:12 pm 

If I was born as dumb and ugly as you, I might believe there is no god also. Prayers to you Codester.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:14 pm 

R S wrote:
If I was born as dumb and ugly as you, I might believe there is no god also. Prayers to you Codester.

I'm younger, smarter and more successful than you.

Even if you're better looking that don't pay the bills, lol. Pray to your invisible God back cracker! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:48 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
R S wrote:

I'm younger, smarter and more successful than you.

Even if you're better looking that don't pay the bills, lol. Pray to your invisible God back cracker! :lol:

Being the 369th ranked raquetball player in the USA is not what most define as success.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:04 pm 

This is sad news. Hope he comes out ok. Always wanted us to pick up the ASU kid from draft day to every time he was a FA.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:41 pm 

MY GOD HOPE AND PRAYS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:15 pm 

Scary as hell to think he’s catching a TD pass one second and now doctors are fighting to save his leg.

Prayers to him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:32 am 

R S wrote:
I think you're remembering wrong on that one.

You're totally right. Macedonians revered bulls, Kept imagining that palace they found recently. Minoans got a little deeper- so to speak.

Steelcody36 wrote:
He won't read anything on this board, so it doesn't matter haha.

Pray to whatever invisible sky God ya want, it won't help anyone. How can I push religious beliefs on anyone when I'm not religious?

Odd statement.

True he will not read this board but we are all connected on this earth man. A human's receptiveness of thoughts and emotions can be transmitted. In no way are we to believe that our contribution to the good can be quantified in numbers- but the intent is everything, Cody. google "smile for a minute" and google "mirroring". You can internalize a feeling, externalize it, and pass it on through the process of mirroring. Fascinating science stuff.

Cody atheism is a religion. It has all the hallmarks of a religion, you guys do religious things like

You have a belief- there is no God
You have a book- The Origin of Species or any science book but its always changing. Are we doing string theory, particle theory, how many universes or planes of existence are we up to? Isn't this just a hyper-real virtual reality? Same questions that you have about the Bible, Koran, Torah, or any other religious tome
You have your version of saints- O'Hair and others who have brought visibility to your religion
A version of a messiah- Netichze or pick from any other of a list of people
You have organized and set up chapters that accept money under the 501 (c) (3) designation reserved for primarily for religious groups
You have had issues with people stealing funds meant to further your cause- Ohair.
Atheists (state-sponsored ones) have persecuted those not following atheism or their version of atheism- Dogma I think they call it

You have assholes who look down on others because they don't believe as you do.

Cody, once I understood that there is something larger than me in this world- my life got easier. And once I realized that there is a force that is on my side and I could do anything as long as I asked, followed the "golden rule", and had faith- my life got fun. I went from working 2 full-time jobs to owning a business that has access to billions in capital. I did not luck into it, God didn't just give it to me, he showed me what was possible and I had faith to believe that it could happen. I never gained much by my belief solely in myself.

People who use their religion (atheists included) as comfort and never step out on faith are very hard people to be around. Because they can never get beyond themselves. Some of the smartest people I knew in college were atheists- most of them are still there 20 years later. Never had faith to do anything with those smarts.
Saying, God doesn't exist means you've never stepped out in faith on anything huge and scary. Meantime I am going to add all the positivity and faith I can to the world, what could it hurt?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:39 am 

Veritas,

I just spent some time on Crete and did a tour of Knossos (the most famous Minoan palace). They revered the bull but I'm quite sure it didn't involve having sex with them. :lol: They vaulted over bulls kinda like the ancient version of the gymnastic events. It's also where the ancient myth of the Minotaur came from. Still, no sex involved. :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next