steelerfury.com
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/

Remaining Schedule
http://www.steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9425
Page 5 of 6

Author:  SteelerChef [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Remaining Schedule

Good point seabs....thats what came up....but i reset it and we are back #1 sorted by percentage

Author:  fortythree [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Remaining Schedule

For what it's worth...

I heard Stan Savran talking on his show last week about the Steelers practicing man coverage during the week but never using it in games.

He seems pretty sure they practice it and will use it at some point.

Just gotta hope the Pats game is meaningless so they can be real vanilla in preparation for the playoff meeting.

Author:  SteelerChef [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Remaining Schedule

fortythree wrote:
For what it's worth...

I heard Stan Savran talking on his show last week about the Steelers practicing man coverage during the week but never using it in games.

He seems pretty sure they practice it and will use it at some point.

Just gotta hope the Pats game is meaningless so they can be real vanilla in preparation for the playoff meeting.


I doubt it will be meaningless....as it would require essentially a 2 game lead....

I hope they come out guns blazing .....everything on the table.....then work ideas off that for a possible playoff meeting.....

The Steelers wont win a clever bastard contest with cheats.....we have the tools to beat them

Author:  Steel Drummer [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Remaining Schedule

SteelerChef wrote:
Good point seabs....thats what came up....but i reset it and we are back #1 sorted by percentage

Glad seabs figured that out! Would hate to lose the #1 seed on a sorting error.

Author:  SteelerChef [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Remaining Schedule

Steel Drummer wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Good point seabs....thats what came up....but i reset it and we are back #1 sorted by percentage

Glad seabs figured that out! Would hate to lose the #1 seed on a sorting error.

8-)

Author:  Kodiak [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Remaining Schedule

SteelerChef wrote:
Good point seabs....thats what came up....but i reset it and we are back #1 sorted by percentage


But I'm guessing it's just going off Conference Win%. Both have 1 AFC loss, but PIT has 1 more AFC win so I think that's why we are the #1 seed.

Practically speaking, that's pretty much a tie. I'd like to know where we stand on Strength of Victory vs. NE. I'm surprised we only trail KC by 1, but if NE beats PIT then that will almost certainly seal SOV for them, not to mention the teams in the AFCE look to be doing quite a bit better than the AFCN.

Pretty simple really. We beat KC already, and they'll drop at least one more. We beat NE, and we have to drop at least two others to lose home field. I don't expect TEN/JAX to be players in this race - would be shocked if either wins more than 10 games.

Author:  Will-the-Shake [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Remaining Schedule

Kodiak wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Good point seabs....thats what came up....but i reset it and we are back #1 sorted by percentage


But I'm guessing it's just going off Conference Win%. Both have 1 AFC loss, but PIT has 1 more AFC win so I think that's why we are the #1 seed.

Practically speaking, that's pretty much a tie. I'd like to know where we stand on Strength of Victory vs. NE. I'm surprised we only trail KC by 1, but if NE beats PIT then that will almost certainly seal SOV for them, not to mention the teams in the AFCE look to be doing quite a bit better than the AFCN.

Pretty simple really. We beat KC already, and they'll drop at least one more. We beat NE, and we have to drop at least two others to lose home field. I don't expect TEN/JAX to be players in this race - would be shocked if either wins more than 10 games.


That's more or less how I look at it too. With victory in hand over KC, a victory over NE will likely be the only tiebreakers needed. And I don't see either of those teams running the table in their other games to finish at 13-3. 12-4 more likely. AFC south division champion 10-6, I predict. Even though Steelers may well be favorites in every game they play in the second half, it's unrealistic to imagine this team (though it would certainly be nice) suddenly developing consistency from week to week to finish better than 12-4. The Eagles may be the only team in the NFL this year to finish better than 12-4. Biggest surprise of the season for me so far is the Rams. Didn't see that coming.

Author:  Kodiak [ Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Remaining Schedule

Will-the-Shake wrote:
That's more or less how I look at it too. With victory in hand over KC, a victory over NE will likely be the only tiebreakers needed.


Yeah, I can't see NE losing 3 of their last 8 unless that includes PIT.

Basically, if we lose to NE we are most likely looking at a #2 seed. I'd add beating NE doubly sweetens the pot, as it could mean they have to go to Arrowhead in the Divisional Round, and that's after having to host a dangerous WC team the week before (I don't think BUF/JAX/TEN will be a pushover for anyone).

Author:  Will-the-Shake [ Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Remaining Schedule

Quick turnaround to play a Thursday night game. These games are all about money and you can understand the players hating to play an NFL game with only 3 days rest in between. I maintain these games strongly favor the home team, more so even than usual. I expect AB to have a big game after struggling to make an impact right until the end on Sunday. If there's one thing we've learned about AB's mentality, it's that he does not like it when his numbers slip. Titans, like the Jaguars, 6-3, and poised to make the playoffs. Anyone else notice how weak the AFC is looking once you get beyond 5 teams? I have no idea who the 6th playoff team will be in the AFC. 5 teams already seem like locks, based on current record and remaining schedule.

Author:  TB [ Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Remaining Schedule

Will-the-Shake wrote:
Quick turnaround to play a Thursday night game. These games are all about money and you can understand the players hating to play an NFL game with only 3 days rest in between. I maintain these games strongly favor the home team, more so even than usual. I expect AB to have a big game after struggling to make an impact right until the end on Sunday. If there's one thing we've learned about AB's mentality, it's that he does not like it when his numbers slip. Titans, like the Jaguars, 6-3, and poised to make the playoffs. Anyone else notice how weak the AFC is looking once you get beyond 5 teams? I have no idea who the 6th playoff team will be in the AFC. 5 teams already seem like locks, based on current record and remaining schedule.


I was thinking that way, especially since it seemed like when TNF initially came along it was seemingly such a huge advantage for home teams. But so far this year road teams are 5-4 straight up on TNF, and underdogs are 6-3 ATS. Steelers are only 5-4 ATS this year.

Page 5 of 6 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/