It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Garrapalo to 49ers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:12 pm 

Pabst wrote:
I sincerely don't understand why Carolina traded Benjamin. Can someone explain that?

And apparently the Browns were rejected in both the Garropolo and McCarron trades. Makes you wonder if both QB's lobbied against it.

He's inconsistent at best. Hurt and out of shape a lot too. I'd say he's lazy and wants to get by on his natural talent more than anything. Not traits Jerry Richardson or Ron Rivera look for in a player is my guess.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:14 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Here's more to the story....

Bengals and Browns actually agreed to AJ McCarron trade at 3:55 pm, per source involved. Bengals approved trade to NFL, Browns did not. :lol:

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/925462283001716736
Quote:
Browns miss a real opportunity to add a quarterback they could have benched three times before the end of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:16 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Pabst wrote:
I sincerely don't understand why Carolina traded Benjamin. Can someone explain that?

And apparently the Browns were rejected in both the Garropolo and McCarron trades. Makes you wonder if both QB's lobbied against it.

He's inconsistent at best. Hurt and out of shape a lot too. I'd say he's lazy and wants to get by on his natural talent more than anything. Not traits Jerry Richardson or Ron Rivera look for in a player is my guess.

That's fair. It's just odd since they're competing for their division and don't have a terribly good group at receiver.....yet they gave him up for only a 3rd & 7th.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:28 pm 

They can draft another smallish, pass-catching RB for next year with that 3rd rounder, Pabst.

Realistically, Funchess and Benjamin kinda make each other redundant, no?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:32 pm 

Pabst wrote:
DP39 wrote:
Pabst wrote:

That's fair. It's just odd since they're competing for their division and don't have a terribly good group at receiver.....yet they gave him up for only a 3rd & 7th.

He wants to be paid next year and the Panthers didn't plan on keeping him. Better to get something now I guess. They have his replacement in Funchess and it allows them to get Curtis Samuel on the field a lot more now. Since drafting them, Samuel and McCaffrey on the field at the same time was always the future plan, imo. Future is now, apparently.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:43 pm 

Pabst wrote:
DP39 wrote:

Bengals and Browns actually agreed to AJ McCarron trade at 3:55 pm, per source involved. Bengals approved trade to NFL, Browns did not. :lol:

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/925462283001716736
Quote:
Browns miss a real opportunity to add a quarterback they could have benched three times before the end of the season.

Man, how would you like to be a fly on the wall of the Bungals QB room tonight or tomorrow? :o :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:17 pm 

IDK, man-- Funchess has never outperformed Benjamin. Look at the stats this year:

Kelvin Benjamin 8G... 51 targets... 32 rec... 475 yds... 14.8 YPR... 2 TD... 62.7% rec/targets
Devin Funchess 8G... 58 targets... 33 rec... 357 yds... 10.8 YPR... 3 TD... 56.9% rec/targets

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:00 pm 

DP39 wrote:
DP39 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Panthers trade Wr Kelvin Benjamin to the Bills for a 2018 3rd and 7th

B2B will find that interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger fan of his.

Here's another interesting almost trade apparently....

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns attempted to trade for Bengals No. 2 QB A.J. McCarron before Tuesday's deadline.

Per Schefter, a deal was "close," but couldn't be finalized. It's the first we've heard of McCarron since August, where his name was a mainstay in trade rumors. The Browns are casting a wide net at quarterback, but continue to lack decisiveness as they search for an answer under center. McCarron is headed for restricted free agency next offseason.

Related: Browns Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Oct 31 - 4:40 PM

THEY WERE BUSY CELEBRATING THE TRADE AND FORGOT TO HIT 'SEND.'

Dumbest franchise in the history of sports.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:18 pm 

86n96 wrote:
THEY WERE BUSY CELEBRATING THE TRADE AND FORGOT TO HIT 'SEND.'

Dumbest franchise in the history of sports.

I might guess it was down to the wire, and CIN approved the trade expecting CLE to accept their last counter. CLE decided not to, and time ran out.

Crazy to me, though, that you just drafted Kizer and in an 0-8 season you're already fishing the back-up QB barrel. Kizer probably isn't the answer, but that offense is a dumpster fire and you have to give a guy who wasn't NFL-ready more than 5 games.

I'd say CLE was lucky they didn't do this. Get the #1 pick in the draft, trade back a few slots and grab a legit QB prospect.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:29 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
IDK, man-- Funchess has never outperformed Benjamin. Look at the stats this year:

Kelvin Benjamin 8G... 51 targets... 32 rec... 475 yds... 14.8 YPR... 2 TD... 62.7% rec/targets
Devin Funchess 8G... 58 targets... 33 rec... 357 yds... 10.8 YPR... 3 TD... 56.9% rec/targets

I hear you, but Funchess is similar, hasn't had the work ethic issues, and is cost controlled for a while longer. Still, given NO coming up fast in the rearview mirror in the division, not sure I'd have been selling.