It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Garrapalo to 49ers
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:41 pm 

I mean if you're a bad team, aren't you supposed to be COLLECTING draft picks?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:12 pm 

Here is the kicker, the asshat forum is reporting Shanahan called and inquired about Shady

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:23 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Here is the kicker, the asshat forum is reporting Shanahan called and inquired about Shady

Pretty sure Brady has an ironclad "no-trade" clause in the form of an extensive video library and non-Patriot playbooks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:41 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Disaster if Brady goes down now....so I hope it happens.

Dear Rest of NFL,

Stop trading high draft picks to the Patriots for crappy players. If they're letting him go, he's not all that. The player you get from the Patriots will not help you win a super bowl. The pick you send the Patriots may help them win a super bowl. Do you enjoy watching them win super bowls? Knock it off! :evil:

Sincerely,
Me

Hahahaha. Bingo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:33 am 

This is interesting to me, I think he can do well with Shanahan as his coach and OC.

This also has some ramifications if he does well with the second half of the season, maybe the 49ers don't draft a QB in round 1, maybe they don't go after Kirk Cousins.

Hypothetically, say Ben retires after the season, has had enough, calls it a career.

Would be really nice to have a couple of veteran QBs like Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins to pursue as free agents. KC may move on to Mahommes, Cousins doesn't want to be a Redskin and they aren't going to pay him. Yes, this may all seem like sacrilege to some, but if Ben does retire, those two QBs could very well be a nice bridge for the next 3-4 years until we draft/develop our next franchise QB.

So, I want Garrapalo to do well for the 49ers, one less team to pursue free agent QBs and first round QBs in the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:01 am 

Texans acquired CB Jeremy Lane, a 2018 fifth-round pick, and a 2019 second-round pick from the Seahawks in exchange for LT Duane Brown. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7617/jeremy-lane

Not a bad trade for Houston IMO. From what I've read Brown was unhappy in Houston holding out for a better contract. This move improves both teams. Seattle's OLine is a mess and the Texans needed another decent corner in their secondary. Not to mention a few good draft selections for the next 2 drafts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:07 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
Disaster if Brady goes down now....so I hope it happens.

Dear Rest of NFL,

Stop trading high draft picks to the Patriots for crappy players. If they're letting him go, he's not all that. The player you get from the Patriots will not help you win a super bowl. The pick you send the Patriots may help them win a super bowl. Do you enjoy watching them win super bowls? Knock it off! :evil:

Sincerely,
Me

Dear Art2 - take your enormous pass down head out of your ass, begin studying what the Patriots have done to you and the rest of the NFL, grow some balls and change!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:16 am 

Poltargyst wrote:

ask the Browns how that is working out. They are winning the draft !!!!

And why give up a 2nd round pick for a QB that will have to be franchised? Garoppolo is an UFA next season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 am 

jebrick wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

ask the Browns how that is working out. They are winning the draft !!!!

And why give up a 2nd round pick for a QB that will have to be franchised? Garoppolo is an UFA next season.

Yup, he could be back on the cheats roster by the start of next season. The fact that the cheats don't have a single backup QB on their roster now is kinda dumb on their part. marsha goes down they have no one. Rumor has it Hoyer is in line for the backup spot though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:21 am 

We will quickly find out if this is yet another by-product of a superb offensive system.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next