It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cam Sutton returned to practice today.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:04 pm 

if they are going to add a CB then you think they would cut another DB.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:14 pm 

jewelsongs wrote:
Sensabaugh is a much better corner than Will Gay. He would be a much better dime DB. It is time to cut the cord with Gay if they want to bring Sutton to the active roster. Convert Gay to safety and cut Golden, or cut Gay. We have always been too loyal. Allen is a good young talent. He will get claimed. Brady will pick on Gay or Golden if we play the cheats in the playoffs. Sutton and Allen are the future. Gay is done.

We aren't too loyal. This unit was shit until this year. Steadily improving shit but still shit. Haden and the maturing Burns/Davis changed that.

Now Gay may be expendable. Problem is Sensabaugh is just a guy. He's 28 and on his 4th team and signed for peanuts. His career has already flamed out. I want to replace Gay but it's hard to be excited over a journeyman.

I want Sutton in there for the reasons Scunge outlined....but the rook barely got any reps in camp before getting injured so he's a gamble from here on out.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:14 pm 

I don't see any risk with Sutton, Sensabaugh has taken no snaps on defense, 0 snaps. He has only 75 snaps on special teams, just 35% of the snaps on special teams, not like he is a core special teamer who plays 50-70% of the snaps.

Even if Sutton does not play at all on defense like Sensabaugh, I think he can give the special teams a much bigger boost in coverage and specifically on returns.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:25 pm 

He can save AB from getting hit on special teams and that's enough reason to put him there. I know AB only makes fair catches on 90% of catches, but there are times in a close game that AB tries to run and get's hit. All hits take a toll. Its a human body, not a machine.