It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible Steelers #1 draft pick in 2018?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:12 pm 

Saw this reading Dulacs chat...ive seen a few Penn St games and based on whast ive seen, I think this kid is a stud, now who knows who else will be available come draft day but id love to see it happen...

Quote:
Smrtalec: Mitchell is a great guy, but seems to have lost a step or is just not up to speed w/ the rest of the secondary. Do you see them drafting a safety replacement for him in the early rounds next year?
Gerry Dulac: I see them taking a safety early in the draft, yes, though, not No. 1 and probably not even 2. I will tell you right now, their No. 1 pick, provided he is available, is Penn State TE Mike Gisecki.

Post subject: Re: Possible Steelers #1 draft pick in 2018?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:25 pm 
Please not at number 1.....there will be much better players at 32....its been a LONG time since psu produced anything other than spare parts in the nfl.....particulary at the skill positions

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:26 pm 

Another all tight end from Penn State...the comparisons prob stop there....though JJ had some big fuckin' catches as a Nittany Lion.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:33 pm 

I would guess he doesn't have elite speed..but hes a beast with great big soft hands and can jump out of a stadium from what ive seen..i don't think hes gronk but hes closer to gronk than he is the outlaw. Would you guys prefer him in rnd 2?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:54 pm 
GreekSteel wrote:
I would guess he doesn't have elite speed..but hes a beast with great big soft hands and can jump out of a stadium from what ive seen..i don't think hes gronk but hes closer to gronk than he is the outlaw. Would you guys prefer him in rnd 2?

I dont like PSUers generally....flops as nfl players...

How bout 96 at the end of the 3rd ?....wouldnt make me happy but i could live with it if the idea is hes a red zone matchup problem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:59 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

How bout 96 at the end of the 3rd ?....wouldnt make me happy but i could live with it if the idea is hes a red zone matchup problem

I dunno about labeling them as flops because they come from a certain school. I mean no way Barkley is a flop, that kid is Ladanian Tomlinson 2.0. Flat out stud. As for Gesicki, I like him a lot and I wouldn't be schocked if the Steelers loved him as well, seems like their kind of player.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:08 am 

Franco Harris, Jack Ham, Darren Perry, Jeff Hartings....just Steeler ex-Nittany Lions, just ones I can think of at the moment...all flops.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:19 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Franco Harris, Jack Ham, Darren Perry, Jeff Hartings....just Steeler ex-Nittany Lions, just ones I can think of at the moment...all flops.

Mike Munchak is a Steeler...and then Larry Johnson, Curt Warner, Lavar Arrington, Paul Posluzny Matt Millen and so on the list is a long one

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:23 am 
swissvale72 wrote:

Lol.....the list of flops is damn long and you know it.....lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:25 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

I dunno about labeling them as flops because they come from a certain school. I mean no way Barkley is a flop, that kid is Ladanian Tomlinson 2.0. Flat out stud. As for Gesicki, I like him a lot and I wouldn't be schocked if the Steelers loved him as well, seems like their kind of player.

You mean, like Ki-Jana Carter? Blair Thomas? Surefire NFL successes at RB from PSU...

Anyone can flop in the NFL -- don't be so sure of yourself. Barkley ran for 44 yards against tOSU in the first game that really mattered all year.