It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Possible Steelers #1 draft pick in 2018?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 am 

el"]
GreekSteel wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
I would guess he doesn't have elite speed..but hes a beast with great big soft hands and can jump out of a stadium from what ive seen..i don't think hes gronk but hes closer to gronk than he is the outlaw. Would you guys prefer him in rnd 2?

I dont like PSUers generally....flops as nfl players...

How bout 96 at the end of the 3rd ?....wouldnt make me happy but i could live with it if the idea is hes a red zone matchup problem

I dunno about labeling them as flops because they come from a certain school. I mean no way Barkley is a flop, that kid is Ladanian Tomlinson 2.0. Flat out stud. As for Gesicki, I like him a lot and I wouldn't be schocked if the Steelers loved him as well, seems like their kind of player.

You mean, like Ki-Jana Carter? Blair Thomas? Surefire NFL successes at RB from PSU...

Anyone can flop in the NFL -- don't be so sure of yourself. Barkley ran for 44 yards against tOSU in the first game that really mattered all year.[/quote]

Granted. Id bet my rep as draftnik on Barkley being a stud, labeling him the next LT ok that's a tall order for anyone but Barkley is a flat out stud. His speed,vision and agility is off the charts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:15 am 
I think Barkley will do well in the nfl. If by some miracle he drops to 32 the Steelers should run to the podium

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:54 am 

No way we take a TE in rd 1 this year.
There simply isn't one worthy of the spot.
I wouldn't mind Gisecki in rd 2.
We have to look really hard at QB, S or ILB with our 1st pick IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:47 am 

I wouldn’t spend much time debating what a golf analyst from a dying paper has to say about the NFL draft. TE is one of the Steelers biggest needs but I doubt that’s the pick. Anyone who claims to know where any team would go this early in the process is nuts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:39 am 

I would hope that FS and ILB are high on the list. I've not seen any TE that WOWs me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:39 am 

Come on...Barkley only ran for 44 yards because the Buckeyes’ defense flat-out dominated the Lions’ OL.

Penn State’s OL has actually been a weakness all year...OSU was the first defense that could exploit that weakness.

When the starting LT went out, it got worse.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:46 am 

jebrick wrote:
I would hope that FS and ILB are high on the list. I've not seen any TE that WOWs me.

I just don't see ILB being much of a need. Presumably it would be to replace Williams, but he's playing reasonably well and a decent chunk of our 3rd down D has him coming off the field for another safety or CB.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:03 am 

Who knows where they will draft, or who will be available but I would think that it could be
QB, TE, or S in the first.

I like the TE from Oklahoma, and the QB from OK State, they would probably have to trade up for the QB, so that’s pretty unlikely. How about this, assuming they draft 25-32.

1.TE from Oklahoma
2.S
3.OLB
4.N/A
5a.DT
5b.WR
5c.OLB
6.S
7.OT

2019 Ben retired, team had a suck season.
1.QB
2.WR
3.ILB
4.WR
5.CB
6.OG
7.DE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:16 pm 

seabs926 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

I just don't see ILB being much of a need. Presumably it would be to replace Williams, but he's playing reasonably well and a decent chunk of our 3rd down D has him coming off the field for another safety or CB.

i think he has look like shit when not on the goal line or a run up the gut. his side-to-side movement is very limited. He can't cover half as much as Timmons could/can.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:42 pm 

I think they take a QB early give him a year to learn under Ben

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next