It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Possible Steelers #1 draft pick in 2018?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:09 pm 

Anybody who points to Barkley's rushing production in the OSU game and attributes it to his ability is an imbecile in the truest sense of the word.

Barkley didn't have big rushing numbers because he was getting hit in the backfield all game. As Jeemie said, the O-line has been the weak link all season. It showed, especially in the second half of that game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:17 pm 
Vertical Steel wrote:
Anybody who points to Barkley's rushing production in the OSU game and attributes it to his ability is an imbecile in the truest sense of the word.

Barkley didn't have big rushing numbers because he was getting hit in the backfield all game. As Jeemie said, the O-line has been the weak link all season. It showed, especially in the second half of that game.

Maybe....maybe not.....psu rbs....wow....that is a long line of floptastrophies....

I think Barkley will be great.....but its no sure thing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:25 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Franco Harris, Jack Ham, Darren Perry, Jeff Hartings....just Steeler ex-Nittany Lions, just ones I can think of at the moment...all flops.

Lol.....the list of flops is damn long and you know it.....lol

Thanks Swiss. Hopefully someone will read this to the Chef

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:39 pm 

if you don't have good OL No RB is going post good numbers on a weekly basis.

I have a question what type of QB should the steelers target as Ben Replacement?

A gunslinger?
Runner ?

A mix of Strong Arm QB with some Mobility

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 pm 

I think Jeff Hartings and Perry fall way closer to serviceable parts than they do to Ham and Harris. You could add Jon Witman to the serviceable parts category, as well.

AQ Shipley also continues to occupy an NFL roster. The power of the pre-draft podcast.

Chef should be well aware of Witman. Played his high school ball just across the Susquehanna. Not quite as close to home as Manheim Central's own Danny Kreider, but close enough.

Was cool for almost a decade there was a Central PA fullback opening holes for the Steelers on Sundays.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:59 pm 

Ice wrote:
I think Jeff Hartings and Perry fall way closer to serviceable parts than they do to Ham and Harris. You could add Jon Witman to the serviceable parts category, as well.

AQ Shipley also continues to occupy an NFL roster. The power of the pre-draft podcast.

Chef should be well aware of Witman. Played his high school ball just across the Susquehanna. Not quite as close to home as Manheim Central's own Danny Kreider, but close enough.

Was cool for almost a decade there was a Central PA fullback opening holes for the Steelers on Sundays.

No doubt!! But neither were they flops, which is STD's conclusion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:13 pm 
swissvale72 wrote:
Ice wrote:

No doubt!! But neither were they flops, which is STD's conclusion.

Wait a sec....lol.....i didnt say they were all flops....lol

Alot are....thats undeniable....psu is way overhyped for nfl talent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:26 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:

I have a question what type of QB should the steelers target as Ben Replacement?

A gunslinger?

Maybe.

steelmann58 wrote:
Runner ?

Absolutely not. I want a PASSER at the QB position. His first and foremost ability must be pin point accurate passing and the ability to pull off wins at the end. I've seen too many QB's that can run but not throw, and I want no part of it.

steelmann58 wrote:
A mix of Strong Arm QB with some Mobility

Sounds great if he also has the accuracy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:30 pm 

Ice wrote:

I would hardly call Hartings' career "serviceable" He went to 2 pro bowls, was 2nd team all pro once and first team all pro once along with starting 160 games in his career. He was a damn good player. Too bad his knees went bad and he "only" lasted 11 years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:25 pm 

I'd say he falls closer to serviceable than he does Jack Ham and Franco Harris status, and I'll stand by that.

Speaking of Steelers guards, was cool hearing Terry talk about Mean Joe and Gerry Mullins going at it in practice on TV this week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next