It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Deshaun Watson - ACL?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:16 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Think there's a good chance we face Kaep in week 17.
That would make a good avatar bet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:10 pm 

Actually, the Texans are the first team to lose a star QB that plays a style similar to Kaep and from purely a play perspective, they should be bringing him in. Of course Bob “don’t let the inmates run the prison” McNair probably doesn’t want the distraction on his team. On the other hand, that might help him get back in the good graces of the team’s players.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:22 pm 

Stillerz Bar wrote:
Actually, the Texans are the first team to lose a star QB that plays a style similar to Kaep and from purely a play perspective, they should be bringing him in. Of course Bob “don’t let the inmates run the prison” McNair probably doesn’t want the distraction on his team. On the other hand, that might help him get back in the good graces of the team’s players.

He signed the immortal T.J. Yates.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:22 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

When I said that I thought that he had signed-- read a speculative report about him signing with the Browns that I thought was news.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:23 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
Feel bad for the kid, he was the toast of the town there. Houston can't catch a break this year on the injury front. Its been a while since I've seen a squad's top players entirely decimated like this.
With the defensive issues I don't think this team is a super bowl team, but with Watson in they would have won that division running away and probably bit someone in the wildcard round.

2015 Pittsburgh Steelers?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:59 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

When I said that I thought that he had signed-- read a speculative report about him signing with the Browns that I thought was news.

Must've been fake news.

And Bob McNair, contrary to what some of you might believe, is not a fuckin' idiot....which he would need to be to bring Kaepernick and his circus into town.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:01 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
Feel bad for the kid, he was the toast of the town there. Houston can't catch a break this year on the injury front. Its been a while since I've seen a squad's top players entirely decimated like this.
With the defensive issues I don't think this team is a super bowl team, but with Watson in they would have won that division running away and probably bit someone in the wildcard round.

We still had Ben and until the divisional playoff game AB as well. We also had most of our starters on defense IIRC.

That said, I forgot about how beat up our OL was that year. Its amazing we made it as far as we did.
And I suspect if the fuckin' Brownies hadn't rolled on DeAngelo's ankle we might very well have gone to the AFCC that year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:55 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
With NFL viewership WAY down

I think nfl viewership is down because they no longer work with free tv much....

No one in Pennsylvania is naturally a damn ravens fan yet that is what has priority on my local harrisburg/york station....

The internet has evolved to point where paying for cable is a luxury most can easily do without and now the nfl is left with a product that most wont solely pay for...

And the bolded portion is really f'n annoying to me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:24 am 
Vertical Steel wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
With NFL viewership WAY down

I think nfl viewership is down because they no longer work with free tv much....

No one in Pennsylvania is naturally a damn ravens fan yet that is what has priority on my local harrisburg/york station....

The internet has evolved to point where paying for cable is a luxury most can easily do without and now the nfl is left with a product that most wont solely pay for...

And the bolded portion is really f'n annoying to me.

Yep

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:25 am 

DrMalba wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
DrMalba wrote:

We still had Ben and until the divisional playoff game AB as well. We also had most of our starters on defense IIRC.

That said, I forgot about how beat up our OL was that year. Its amazing we made it as far as we did.
And I suspect if the fuckin' Brownies hadn't rolled on DeAngelo's ankle we might very well have gone to the AFCC that year.

Ben missed 4 games, came back less than 100%.
Bell was lost for the year.
AB knocked out in first playoff game.
Ben had a separated shoulder for the playoff game.

It may not have been Houston bad but it was damn bad.