It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the team
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3295
* July 21, 1977: Jack Lambert decided not to report to training camp, because he was unhappy with the salary he was to be paid in the option year of the contract he originally signed in 1974 as a rookie from Kent State.

* July 28, 1977: Jack Lambert’s agent upped the ante a little bit, and this was the headline on the top of the sports page in the Pittsburgh Press: “Agent tells Rooney: Jack wants traded.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the t
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 456
Thanks for the news.

Sad to see the loss of such talent when the defense has been playing so well of late. Next man up!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the t
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3295
Miter Saw wrote:
Thanks for the news.

Sad to see the loss of such talent when the defense has been playing so well of late. Next man up!


I just love seeing stuff like this, just because typical Yinzers look at today's players and say, "They never did that back in the day.... blah, blah, blah" :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the t
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 262
It wasn't about money for this year but not too different to MB's play me or trade me words. No trade but I would assume MB more involved in the offence after the break.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the t
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:12 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1230
blu wrote:
It wasn't about money for this year but not too different to MB's play me or trade me words. No trade but I would assume MB more involved in the offence after the break.

Jack Lambert had been a part of 2 Super Bowl champion teams and was coming off of a DPOY campaign.
Martavis Bryant has never played more than 11 games in a season and is coming off of a year long drug suspension.

I didn't mind guys being vocal about contract demands or doing stuff like 'Dancing with the Stars' as long as they can back it up on the field. Bryant's career has been marred by one screw up after another. Its a very different situation - he needs to shut up and play.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the t
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 4340
Pabst wrote:
blu wrote:
It wasn't about money for this year but not too different to MB's play me or trade me words. No trade but I would assume MB more involved in the offence after the break.

Jack Lambert had been a part of 2 Super Bowl champion teams and was coming off of a DPOY campaign.
Martavis Bryant has never played more than 11 games in a season and is coming off of a year long drug suspension
.

I didn't mind guys being vocal about contract demands or doing stuff like 'Dancing with the Stars' as long as they can back it up on the field. Bryant's career has been marred by one screw up after another. Its a very different situation - he needs to shut up and play.


Image

Plus football players back in the 70's did not make nearly the amount of money players make today.
And I relate that in terms of average NFL salary compared to the average american salary then and now.
It is so much more disproportionate these days.

Those guys back then worked in the off season and drove to camp / practice / games in modest pick -up trucks ( Lambert )
Can't imagine what the players parking lots look like today with the lifestyle, salary, endorsements, etc of todays players.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the t
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3546
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Not to mention the salary Lambert was holding out for was likely 1/3 of the current NFL vet minimum or less. One of the most amusing things about my uncle's 70s Steelers Topps cards when I went through them a few years back was the offseason jobs that they all listed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the t
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:22 am 
Also Jack Lambert is white!!!

Lol

:roll:


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the t
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3546
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
SteelerChef wrote:
Also Jack Lambert is white!!!

Lol

:roll:


Feel like that's probably about as far beside the point as it gets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the t
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:28 am 
Ice wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Also Jack Lambert is white!!!

Lol

:roll:


Feel like that's probably about as far beside the point as it gets.


Oh no its not.....


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Pabst and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group