It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Asshole/Selfish Players care more about money that the t
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:20 am 

Ummm yes it is.

Further, while some of us do skirt the rules around here with topics “not allowed” I think this constant race bating by you is not only childish but also against board rules.

Give it up and stop making reference to white or black players. Shit stinks no matter the asshole it came from. A player is a player and aside from maybe 1 person here, nobody injects race into their opinions when discussing players.

Pabst was spot on in his assessment of the difference between Lambert and MB and it had nothing to do with race.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:42 pm 

955876 wrote:
Ummm yes it is.

Further, while some of us do skirt the rules around here with topics “not allowed” I think this constant race bating by you is not only childish but also against board rules.

Give it up and stop making reference to white or black players. Shit stinks no matter the asshole it came from. A player is a player and aside from maybe 1 person here, nobody injects race into their opinions when discussing players.

Pabst was spot on in his assessment of the difference between Lambert and MB and it had nothing to do with race.

This.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:44 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Ice wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Also Jack Lambert is white!!!

Lol

:roll:

Feel like that's probably about as far beside the point as it gets.

Oh no its not.....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:07 pm 

To clarify, I looked at the OP, and assumed we were making distinctions between players of different eras. I thought it was pretty obvious that the comparison between Lambert (1977) and Bryant (2017, coincidentally 40 years later) was temporal in nature, and not racial.

So, if you want to whine about the OP being anti-Millenial, I think you'd be all good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:26 pm 

I hate all the racial sh!t here including the comments about the unusual first names of players who all happen to be black which, of course, is just another back door racist comment. Meanwhile we live in a different world from Jack Lambert's era where everyone including the president can/will comment on twitter or instagram or anywhere immediately with little hesitation. Regardless, MB while making a few errors did go all out on the field & just pouted after the game. I'm hoping he'll be the key to outscoring the cheatriots in a playoff game & while I love JuJu, I have no clue how he outran his pursuers. The kid must be quicker than he looks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:35 pm 

blu wrote:
I hate all the racial sh!t here including the comments about the unusual first names of players who all happen to be black which, of course, is just another back door racist comment. Meanwhile we live in a different world from Jack Lambert's era where everyone including the president can/will comment on twitter or instagram or anywhere immediately with little hesitation. Regardless, MB while making a few errors did go all out on the field & just pouted after the game. I'm hoping he'll be the key to outscoring the cheatriots in a playoff game & while I love JuJu, I have no clue how he outran his pursuers. The kid must be quicker than he looks.

Kay and Peele say HI

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:19 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Also Jack Lambert is white!!!

Lol

:roll:

Just curious of you could provide us example of recent "white" player holdouts that were met with comparably less criticism than examples of "black" player holdouts.

I also put "black" and "white" in quotes because these are not accurate descriptive terms of the colors they refer to which are more tones of peach and brown. But those colors are too similar and the opposite colors of black and white force into us a sense of opposition and divisiveness for which those descriptors were intended.

Peach and brown sound too similar. Can't create an antagonistic atmosphere with them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:24 pm 

It's more of a star vs. non-star thing.

Fans, for some reason, pretty much only acknowledge the business side of things when it comes to FO decisions. That's why so many people turned so quickly on Bell, who otherwise had been a fan favorite to that point. And Bell was entirely within his rights to do everything he did and make the choices he made.

I seem to remember Hines Ward catching a lot of heat for holding out with 1-yr left on his deal. But even that situation was very different from Bryant's.

Personally, I think what this probably really boils down to is Bryant and his agent looking around at those guys on offense, and calculating 25-50% more targets for Bryant on another team yields a much bigger FA contract.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:56 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
It's more of a star vs. non-star thing.

Fans, for some reason, pretty much only acknowledge the business side of things when it comes to FO decisions. That's why so many people turned so quickly on Bell, who otherwise had been a fan favorite to that point. And Bell was entirely within his rights to do everything he did and make the choices he made.

I seem to remember Hines Ward catching a lot of heat for holding out with 1-yr left on his deal. But even that situation was very different from Bryant's.

Personally, I think what this probably really boils down to is Bryant and his agent looking around at those guys on offense, and calculating 25-50% more targets for Bryant on another team yields a much bigger FA contract.

Wasn't there alot of support for Hines during his holdout? I remember a guy setting up a fund raising booth to raise money for his signing bonus. Anyway, that's beside the point....

A personal pet peeve is when fans feel a player owes the city/team some sort of loyalty discount. As if some kid from Texas or Georgia really gives a damn about being loyal to Pittsburgh (or wherever). And those same fans will demand that player be cut as soon as his production starts to drop. I don't blame any of these guys for trying to maximize their earnings wherever they can.....when its warranted. Bryant, regardless of how he's been utilized, has not produced this year when asked, and he is one screw up away from a lifetime ban. He already has a reputation of being a less than stellar teammate. It's not the time to be publicly venting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:03 pm 

Pabst wrote:
A personal pet peeve is when fans feel a player owes the city/team some sort of loyalty discount.

Agreed. I think it comes down to people view playing for PIT as both a dream and a privilege....and if a player isn't willing to do it for peanuts then fuck him!!!! Even if you grew up in PIT and love the Steelers, you still need to grab as much money as you can.

But it's fair that a lot of people believe you should honor the contract that no one held a gun to your head to sign. That's why Ward was criticized (when he threatened to hold out in the final year of his deal). I think AB got some criticism, too, when he was chirping about outperforming a deal that was VERY generous at the time he signed it.

Bell, though, I didn't really get. Guy didn't want to sign the deal and didn't - exactly what people say when a guy should have done when he threatens to hold out or chirps about how "fair" his deal is. Although not a good example when it involves a deal 50% more than the next highest paid guy at your position.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next