It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Around the NFL
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:55 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-End

Thanks for posting this thread. THIS one, honest to God, brought tears of laughter to my eyes. We should get this dude on our board:

Well, I lost a lot of gusto year before last. I tried to be fanatical. Yet, they lost again and again. Then, I found myself kneeling and staring at a pile of shit in my yard and rooting it on for its dream of becoming a mushroom. I needed a victory. Didn't happen. After the sun went down, it was just a dried up pile of shit. Kinda like this team. I might have grown a few weeds out of that dried up shit. However, that's all it was. Shitty Weeds. Kinda like our coaching staff and the direction they have led this team.

Damn! I just read this and realized I am drunk! Do you blame me? Hell, you're probably drunk too! This team needs a 12 step program.

Another guy said "....the death knell was our last playoff game," ...which, of course, was the one they absolutely gifted us at Paul Brown Stadium.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:25 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:

Ahhhhh, those threads are always entertaining.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:27 pm 

Stillchest wrote:
seabs926 wrote:
With the Bengals, Ravens, and Chiefs losing this bye week couldn't have gone any better. Now need to start cheering for whoever plays the Jags from here on out.

For sure.

I despise them so, that won't be difficult.

How do you despise the Jags? They might be the most benign team in the league. Hell, their fans love us. I've been to a game in Jacksonville. I flew down without a ticket, logged on to their team website, and bought a ticket at the 30 yard line, 3 rows back for face value. It was awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

Thanks for posting this thread. THIS one, honest to God, brought tears of laughter to my eyes. We should get this dude on our board:

Well, I lost a lot of gusto year before last. I tried to be fanatical. Yet, they lost again and again. Then, I found myself kneeling and staring at a pile of shit in my yard and rooting it on for its dream of becoming a mushroom. I needed a victory. Didn't happen. After the sun went down, it was just a dried up pile of shit. Kinda like this team. I might have grown a few weeds out of that dried up shit. However, that's all it was. Shitty Weeds. Kinda like our coaching staff and the direction they have led this team.

Damn! I just read this and realized I am drunk! Do you blame me? Hell, you're probably drunk too! This team needs a 12 step program.

Another guy said "....the death knell was our last playoff game," ...which, of course, was the one they absolutely gifted us at Paul Brown Stadium.

Yup, this post was hilarious.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:12 pm 

Vertical Steel wrote:
Stillchest wrote:
seabs926 wrote:
With the Bengals, Ravens, and Chiefs losing this bye week couldn't have gone any better. Now need to start cheering for whoever plays the Jags from here on out.

For sure.

How do you despise the Jags? They might be the most benign team in the league. Hell, their fans love us. I've been to a game in Jacksonville. I flew down without a ticket, logged on to their team website, and bought a ticket at the 30 yard line, 3 rows back for face value. It was awesome!

Tampa fans are also accommodating. Miami, not so much, those guys can be serious dicks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:51 pm 

Vertical Steel wrote:
Stillchest wrote:
seabs926 wrote:

For sure.

It's easy, actually.

They was once part of the AFC Central Division. Brunell, McCardell, Boselli, James Stewart, Fred Taylor, Jimmy Smith, Kevin Hardy, Darius, and Kyle Brady....despise them. Then... Mathis, Taylor, Jones Drew, their O-line, and D-line....bitter, hateful rivals.

Now we got the new era Jags to deal with. They're completely, full of themselves already.

Enjoyed them being doormats and terminating a coach every other year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:18 am 

Stafford was unreal tonight. Makes me feel a little better about all the dimes he was dropping on us.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:40 am 

Matt Stafford is a quality, classy quarterback.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:47 am 

TB wrote:
Stafford was unreal tonight. Makes me feel a little better about all the dimes he was dropping on us.

I had the same reaction. He actually seems to deserve that contract of his.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:34 pm 

Well, maybe Colbert will work that Detroit connection and bring him here...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next