PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:15 pm 

Ugh... Why?

Post subject: Re: Watson cut for Frenchy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:45 pm 

WTF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:01 pm 

Because JuJu can’t go?!??!!?

Toussaint returned kicks all last year (VERY FUCKING POORLY)

That Chewin’ Gum Fucker needs to bring back a terrible kick returner for the squad instead of actually getting someone in there who can do something!

Gary Russell must be unavailable.....

Fuck these Special Teams

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:07 pm 

DILLY DILLY.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:15 pm 

Watson must have done some bad shit this week

French blows immensely

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:42 pm 

Dare I say it?

Championship

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:43 pm 

Can't we just down every kickoff that sails into the EZ?

And on punts, please give Sutton a shot.

For fucks sake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:02 pm 

Yeah that's what I don't understand. Just activate Sutton since he's ready to go and have him in there to return KO and punts.

Doesn't make much sense to bring in Frenchy instead of keeping Watson.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:56 pm 

Meh.

Who cares?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:21 pm 

We will if we fail to convert a 1st & goal from the 1 again in a big spot or something similiar.

Watson is very good at a specific thing. Just because that thing hasn’t been needed of late doesn’t mean it won’t be at some point when the weather gets worse. Me personally, I like knowing we have a battering ram on hand for when the situation dictates a violent smash mouth approach.

Frenchy is mediocre in all regards and nothing special at anything. Epitome of a JAG.

Current RBs plus Nix all filled certain rolls and did so well.

But ya, we just gotta have back what Frenchy brings on kickoffs.

More likely is that something Tomlin ate on Thursday wasn’t sitti well and he mistook that for his “gut” tells him we just can’t possibly make do without gettin Frenchy back on active roster.

Can’t wait to see this guy take a knee or maybe get back out to the 25. Huge difference maker...

Not

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:33 pm 

Fitz is probably better than Watson at blitz pickup if they use him as a RB and also probably better than Watson as a RB catching the ball, 6 catches for 60 yards during the regular season and 7 catches for 62 yards during the 2015 playoffs.

He did average 21.4 yards a kick return as a Steeler.

I said at the time that I didn't understand the Steelers keeping both Connor and Watson as they were too similar and it really left the team devoid of somebody who could sub in for Bell. Yes, Fitz is not Bell, but he can do blitz pickup and not get Ben killed, and he can catch the ball out of the backfield.

For those crying about Watson, why? Are we really going to miss his 20.0 yard average of kick returns? Or are we going to miss his 1.6 yards per carry average running the ball?

Nothing to see here, move along. That preseason action with Watson just did not translate over to the regular season.

James Connor still needs to get better at pass protection but he was clearly the better RB over Watson and he has proven that during the regular season, 24 carries, 113 yards, a very good 4.7 yard average. He has a long run of 23 yards, and 4 runs that were over 10+ yards overall. He has been targeted just once and has no catches though.

That had to make the Steelers nervous that they did not really have an experienced RB behind Bell who can run, catch and block as we enter the final stretch here. I am glad they made the move Fitz for Watson.

In terms of kick returns, I just wish they would let JJ Wilcox have a try. He was once a RB/slot WR in college who also returned kicks. They moved him to defense but the point still remains that he averaged 25 yards a return and had 1 TD. Danny Smith or Tomlin need to get over this neurotic obsession of only using offensive players to return kicks/punts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:34 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Fitz is probably better than Watson at blitz pickup if they use him as a RB and also probably better than Watson as a RB catching the ball, 6 catches for 60 yards during the regular season and 7 catches for 62 yards during the 2015 playoffs.

I said at the time that I didn't understand the Steelers keeping both Connor and Watson as they were too similar and it really left the team devoid of somebody who could sub in for Bell. Yes, Fitz is not Bell, but he can do blitz pickup and not get Ben killed, and he can catch the ball out of the backfield.

For those crying about Watson, why? Are we really going to miss his 20.0 yard average of kick returns? Or are we going to miss his 1.6 yards per carry average running the ball?

Nothing to see here, move along. That preseason action with Watson just did not translate over to the regular season.

James Connor still needs to get better at pass protection but he was clearly the better RB over Watson and he has proven that during the regular season, 24 carries, 113 yards, a very good 4.7 yard average. He has a long run of 23 yards, and 4 runs that were over 10+ yards overall. He has been targeted just once and has no catches though.

That had to make the Steelers nervous that they did not really have an experienced RB behind Bell who can run, catch and block as we enter the final stretch here. I am glad they made the move Fitz for Watson.

In terms of kick returns, I just wish they would let JJ Wilcox have a try. He was once a RB/slot WR in college who also returned kicks. They moved him to defense but the point still remains that he averaged 25 yards a return and had 1 TD. Danny Smith or Tomlin need to get over this neurotic obsession of only using offensive players to return kicks/punts.

Don't like the move.
Its not like FT is gonna carry the ball.

Watson has all of 5 carries on the season.
One carry every other game.
And probably 5 carries on third and 1 against a stacked box trying to stop a third and short run.

Not indicative of what he could do at all.
Did those 5 carries result in 5 first downs?

Not so sure French would convert many of those same runs.

What's more concerning is 10 games into, the season and RB #2 and #3 have combined for less than 30 carries,
As Bell is still relied on too entirely, even when JC has shown promise.

And is FT really an upgrade to TW in returning kicks.
I agree, there are better options on the 53, before this move.
We are too obtuse to try those options.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:12 am 

My objection is more that Frenchy sucks. Hopefully Watson won't be claimed and we will get him back.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:54 am 

Quote:

So Fitz is going to go from practice squad to in front of Connor on depth chart?

Connor has been subbing for Bell. Just not enough.

And I actually think it’s Frenchy & Connor that are too similair with Touisant the lesser of the two.

Bell is healthy and Connor is a young back that could use a few more carries & work. Watson there to bang it when north south and physicality might be of some use.

I just don’t see where Frenchy fits into the offense and really don’t care to see him have too active a role. Watson’s role was pretty defined IMO and something that might be of value later.

Wasn’t like anyone was going to pluck Touisant from the PS if they haven’t by now. So he’s there if an injury occurred.

I think simply putting Sutton or Wilcox into the kick return role and see what they can do was the better move while leaving RB core alone.

Try to move forward rather than revisiting this known jag.

Bigger issue is the use of the RBs. Connor & Watson should have been getting more carries.

I don’t see his value I suppose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:29 am 

I will never forgive frenchy for that fumble vs broncos in the playoffs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:48 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Don't like the move.
Its not like FT is gonna carry the ball.

Watson has all of 5 carries on the season.
One carry every other game.
And probably 5 carries on third and 1 against a stacked box trying to stop a third and short run.

Not indicative of what he could do at all.
Did those 5 carries result in 5 first downs?

Not so sure French would convert many of those same runs.

What's more concerning is 10 games into, the season and RB #2 and #3 have combined for less than 30 carries,
As Bell is still relied on too entirely, even when JC has shown promise.

And is FT really an upgrade to TW in returning kicks.
I agree, there are better options on the 53, before this move.
We are too obtuse to try those options.

Answer is no...came up short against Cinci....don't know about his other runs.

Wondering, given Scunge's comments, if this speaks to an emphasis on the passing game going forward, and Steelers wanting to be damn they have someone that can pick up the blitzes if Bell goes down.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:16 am 

He's not even average at anything.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 am 

My objection is this

Frenchy is FUCKING CURSED

bad things happen to us when he plays

I fully expect something bad tonite - I just hope it's not something that ruins our season

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:00 am 

Can't wait to see his returns to the 19 yard line on multiple occasions today.

Weird love affair with a guy who has no business being on an NFL roster let alone active on game day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:56 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Meh.

Who cares?

This is where I’m at.

Did his season carries even fill up 5 fingers?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:55 pm 

steel wrote:
My objection is this

I fully expect something bad tonite - I just hope it's not something that ruins our season

Yes...we should make roster decisions based on superstition.

:roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:39 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
steel wrote:
My objection is this

You think they drafted JuJu based off of his 40 time?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:51 pm 

steel wrote:
My objection is this

Good lord.

I remember Toussaint making an incredibly clutch catch late against the Bengals in that wildcard game a couple of years ago. That fumble was one freaking play, and was a great play by the defender. Shit happens.

What exactly are we losing with Watson at this point? Toussaint would be huge in pass pro of Bell got hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:22 pm 

SP wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

You think they drafted JuJu based off of his 40 time?
It was because his mojo had good juju.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:37 pm 

Hmmm. Your Pro Bowl caliber RT (when he is healthy), Marcus Gilbert will be out for 4 games.

Vance McDonald is your best blocking TE and he has missed a lot of time lately and will not play tonight against GB. Jesse James is probably our worst blocking TE.

James Conner has been very shaky when he has had to pass protect which is disappointing. I feel like Watson is probably in the same category as Conner.

We have no chance whatsoever if Ben goes down and get injured. No chance. None. Laundry Jones is not going to keep the train rolling.

If the Steelers feel like they need an experienced RB to spell Bell, and to be that RB who can pass protect, pick up the blitz and catch passes out of the backfield, then Fitz is the best option. I was hoping that Connor would develop but his pass protection is really keeping him off the field.