It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Celebrations
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:26 pm 

I like the new rule, letting some fun in the game.

For me though, no one will top Hines in the Dog Pound, mimicking a dogs aftershit. He dug. Hilarious & not super disrespectful, just rubbing salt in the wound.

Post subject: Re: Celebrations
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:30 pm 

A like the new rule. A lot of the celebrations leave a lot to be desired - like watching bad amateur improv.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:33 pm 

I find some of it plain stupid

Rather have my team figuring out how to stop Tom Beady than spending time choreographing a new TD celebration with the help of Paula Abdul.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm 

If anyone can find a vid of Hines kicking shit toward the fans, please post. I searched for a good 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:00 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:

Rather have my team figuring out how to stop Tom Beady than spending time choreographing a new TD celebration with the help of Paula Abdul.

agree..seems stupid for big grown men acting foolishly..im just glad we not flagged.. I understand a spike in a big moment.. and some fist raised cheering..but these dumb scenes I see look foolish.. oh well..i appreciate the old days when a barry sanders flipped ball to official. u would never see a jim brown doing this silly stuff..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:03 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:

Do you seriously think the players' developing their TD celebrations is taking away from game prep time?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:21 pm 

bam morris wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

agree..seems stupid for big grown men acting foolishly..im just glad we not flagged.. I understand a spike in a big moment.. and some fist raised cheering..but these dumb scenes I see look foolish.. oh well..i appreciate the old days when a barry sanders flipped ball to official. u would never see a jim brown doing this silly stuff..

Agreed. There's too much "look at me, ain't I great" nonsense.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:35 pm 

I'm not a fan of this stuff but the way the refs have been winding the play clock after the TD, teams need to be careful. If it's a tight game and the team about to score is going to go for 2 they need to decide in the huddle. "Guys if we score no fucking around with the celebration. Get your asses back to the huddle to get ready for the 2"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:38 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
I'm not a fan of this stuff but the way the refs have been winding the play clock after the TD, teams need to be careful. If it's a tight game and the team about to score is going to go for 2 they need to decide in the huddle. "Guys if we score no fucking around with the celebration. Get your asses back to the huddle to get ready for the 2"

Yeah, but PIT has a good 15 seconds to celebrate while Todd and Tomlin figure out what they're going to do.

What I'm saying is, would be nice if the coaches put as much planning into what to do after a TD as the players do :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:45 pm 

VanWilder wrote:
I like the new rule, letting some fun in the game.

For me though, no one will top Hines in the Dog Pound, mimicking a dogs aftershit. He dug. Hilarious & not super disrespectful, just rubbing salt in the wound.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."