It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Celebrations
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:26 pm 

I like the new rule, letting some fun in the game.

For me though, no one will top Hines in the Dog Pound, mimicking a dogs aftershit. He dug. Hilarious & not super disrespectful, just rubbing salt in the wound.

Post subject: Re: Celebrations
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:30 pm 

A like the new rule. A lot of the celebrations leave a lot to be desired - like watching bad amateur improv.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:33 pm 

I find some of it plain stupid

Rather have my team figuring out how to stop Tom Beady than spending time choreographing a new TD celebration with the help of Paula Abdul.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm 

If anyone can find a vid of Hines kicking shit toward the fans, please post. I searched for a good 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:00 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:

Rather have my team figuring out how to stop Tom Beady than spending time choreographing a new TD celebration with the help of Paula Abdul.

agree..seems stupid for big grown men acting foolishly..im just glad we not flagged.. I understand a spike in a big moment.. and some fist raised cheering..but these dumb scenes I see look foolish.. oh well..i appreciate the old days when a barry sanders flipped ball to official. u would never see a jim brown doing this silly stuff..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:03 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:

Do you seriously think the players' developing their TD celebrations is taking away from game prep time?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:21 pm 

bam morris wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

agree..seems stupid for big grown men acting foolishly..im just glad we not flagged.. I understand a spike in a big moment.. and some fist raised cheering..but these dumb scenes I see look foolish.. oh well..i appreciate the old days when a barry sanders flipped ball to official. u would never see a jim brown doing this silly stuff..

Agreed. There's too much "look at me, ain't I great" nonsense.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:35 pm 

I'm not a fan of this stuff but the way the refs have been winding the play clock after the TD, teams need to be careful. If it's a tight game and the team about to score is going to go for 2 they need to decide in the huddle. "Guys if we score no fucking around with the celebration. Get your asses back to the huddle to get ready for the 2"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:38 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
I'm not a fan of this stuff but the way the refs have been winding the play clock after the TD, teams need to be careful. If it's a tight game and the team about to score is going to go for 2 they need to decide in the huddle. "Guys if we score no fucking around with the celebration. Get your asses back to the huddle to get ready for the 2"

Yeah, but PIT has a good 15 seconds to celebrate while Todd and Tomlin figure out what they're going to do.

What I'm saying is, would be nice if the coaches put as much planning into what to do after a TD as the players do :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:45 pm 

VanWilder wrote:

For me though, no one will top Hines in the Dog Pound, mimicking a dogs aftershit. He dug. Hilarious & not super disrespectful, just rubbing salt in the wound.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:46 pm 

To me, best one of the year was one where Steelers DID get flagged....that being Leveon's using the goalpost as a punching bag.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:54 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
To me, best one of the year was one where Steelers DID get flagged....that being Leveon's using the goalpost as a punching bag.

I obviously live in Baltimore so I fucking hate everything Ray Lewis. The best TD celebration I ever saw was when TO mocked that stupid fucking opening Ray Lewis dance. Gawd I loved that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:23 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

Do you seriously think the players' developing their TD celebrations is taking away from game prep time?

No. Embellishment. Sorry I got carried away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:38 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:

Not quite following you here.

It would never cross my mind that the 10-15 mins it takes for these kids to choreograph a little self expression and have some fun would in any way disrupt their game prep.

Personally, I’d just hand the ball to the ref. But, I have less than zero problem with the celebrations. They play a game, it’s supposed to be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

I thought the hide and seek between Bell and JuJu was the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

It would never cross my mind that the 10-15 mins it takes for these kids to choreograph a little self expression and have some fun would in any way disrupt their game prep.

Personally, I’d just hand the ball to the ref. But, I have less than zero problem with the celebrations. They play a game, it’s supposed to be fun.

See above

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:59 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

Greatest celebration in history.

Thanks Jeems!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:13 pm 

Its pretty stupid stuff and I suspect it will pass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:32 am 

I love it when they are winning during the game..... if losing, it’s ridiculous!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 am 

Baltostiller wrote:

I'm waiting for the fake celebration play to happen.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:34 am 

I feel the same as always, indifferent for the most part, happy there was a score or good play. But happiest there are no flags effecting the games because of HARMLESS activities NOT RELATED to the sport in any way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:35 am 

Baltostiller wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I obviously live in Baltimore so I fucking hate everything Ray Lewis. The best TD celebration I ever saw was when TO mocked that stupid fucking opening Ray Lewis dance. Gawd I loved that.

That was an all time favorite for me too! And he NAILED IT!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:37 am 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

This is like the people who think after a 8-10 hour day at practice and meetings, Ben is lazy if he doesn't watch extra film when he gets home.