It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Deangelo Williams on GMFB
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:34 pm 

R S wrote:
You guys love it because the guy was supporting the Pats, no other reason.

Yes....but I also think sports reporters in general get too full of themselves and need to be put in their place from time to time. Now if only someone would do this to Skip Bayless.
I also liked Deangelo calling out the BS "Gronk has something to prove" narrative.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:02 pm 

Pabst wrote:
I'm well aware my opinions are meaningless, which is why no one pays me for them.
Exactly. Guys on television that spew nonsense and get paid for it deserve to be called out - especially if you pay for content. None of us here really takes ourselves that seriously. If anybody was really all that, they'd be getting paid for analysis instead of wasting time on a message board a few hundred people read.

At least I hope that's the case. But that's not to say there isn't excellent analysis here at this esteemed website.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:14 pm 

Sounded to me like DWill is tired of the Pats ballwashing & the media writing the narrative. He made good points, as far as teams having something to prove.

Also sounded like he came in with the intention of taking shots at that guy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:19 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Pabst wrote:
I'm well aware my opinions are meaningless, which is why no one pays me for them.
Exactly. Guys on television that spew nonsense and get paid for it deserve to be called out - especially if you pay for content. None of us here really takes ourselves that seriously. If anybody was really all that, they'd be getting paid for analysis instead of wasting time on a message board a few hundred people read.

At least I hope that's the case. But that's not to say there isn't excellent analysis here at this esteemed website.

My point is, according to DWill, there isn't excellent analysis here because nobody here played the game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm 

R S wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Pabst wrote:

My point is, according to DWill, there isn't excellent analysis here because nobody here played the game.
DWill said one could furnish adequate analysis and stats. He said to provide insight or "feel," you have to play the game at the NFL level. And I agree with him. Princeton dude was defending himself just to save face.

But it's not surprising that in today's current culture, you don't have to have experience or education to be able to do something at a high level. A guy playing high school football in his youth is enough to make them an NFL expert. People embelish and stretch their knowledge to extreme levels that would have never happened years ago. Just look at Tony Romo vs Jim Nantz. Nantz defended himself once on air when he felt intimidated by Romo predicting plays, saying "I've watched a lot of football." As though that's equal to actually playing the game for 14 years.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:56 pm 

Pabst wrote:
R S wrote:
You guys love it because the guy was supporting the Pats, no other reason.

Yes....but I also think sports reporters in general get too full of themselves and need to be put in their place from time to time. [b]Now if only someone would do this to Skip Bayless.
[/b]I also liked Deangelo calling out the BS "Gronk has something to prove" narrative.

Amen.

He's such a jerkoff I quit watching any segment he is involved in on any network.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:50 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
DWill Gives Zero Fucks

I watched the video in a separate window, and the video that followed it up was very impressive, too:

I especially like what he said about "If I came out in the draft as a top pick today with the maturity level I had in 1970..."

:shock:

Very insightful...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:55 am 

Dude was hurt I thought he was going to cry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:12 pm 

I knew I recognized that dude from Princeton. He was on The Real World era 2001.