It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 15: Steelers vs. Patriots Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
did Tomlin have a post game press conference? What did he say? Same ole stuff? The standard is the standard and we embrace the standard and we own what we did and we embrace it and the same drivel he says every time. NE is just charmed. It just always works out for them.

I knew when they lost to MIA, we most likely would be doomed. NE isnt going to lose 2 in a row.

They did lose two in a row.

Exactly. I don't know why that's not exciting enough for the NFL. Would have been a great game and people would have talked about how great it was that the officials stayed out of the way and that the two teams played a wonderful and exciting game.

Probably the 14 million population and all those TV sets in New England is why the NFL just falls all over themselves to make sure they stay at the top of the conference.

Plus, all the refs must think Belicheat hung the moon and there is no way a Belicheat coached team could "hold" or commit pass interference or anything like that.

They had TWO penalties called on them all game. TWO!!!!!! and we all know holding can be called on most any play, so it comes down to when the refs "want" to call it and I guess they dont like PIT and how we play the game and they absolutely love NE and Belicheat and his hoodie and the fact that he says nothing at his pressers. Folks eat that up. Tomlin on the other hand starts talking about NE 3 weeks ago. I hate that he did that, but he did and karma is a bitch. You never hear any Patriot talking about any team upcoming maybe until that week, but never 3 weeks prior? No way. Just dont do it. I know he didnt say anything all that bad but you just stay quiet and let your play do the talking. That is why all the media and refs just oooh and ahhhh all over the Pats and Tom Terrific. Its sickening and it cost PIT today in not getting a fair shake from the refs at key times.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:46 pm 

stvr wrote:
That's the definition of a touchdown. JJ had control over the line....end of story.

I agree...caught the ball, extended it with two hands, that’s possession by any and every definition, thus a completed catch. Once the ball pierces the goal line, everything after that doesn’t happen...the play is over. NFL rules make no sense! Different rules for different situations.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:48 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Eisen said it best...the rule has to be changed.

It's just like the Dez Bryant play. If a guy is going down to the ground and making a football play to get the ball into the end zone, that should be a TD. I understand with the current rule that doesn't matter, whether it breaks the plane or not you've got to survive the ground, but they really should make a revision when it comes to making a move to break the plane and breaking the plane before the ball touches the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:52 pm 

its very hard looking at this game and not feel cheated

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:08 pm 

I'm not going to play the injury card or the ref card. We lost. But this is a very tough loss to swallow. Let's hope it's tough for the players too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:09 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:

From the Tuck rule to today... it's all been in favor of NE.

And not just the steelers, but every other team in the NFL as well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:31 pm 

ToddHaleysNineIron wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:

Wow, I was going to say I still don't understand the tuck rule ruling. Amazing how litigation resolves these situations, for NE, for decades now. The beauty is its always reliably plausible. Or plausible reliability.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:35 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:

Everything in this league has a price tag. Everything. Who has the guts to come forward? Only someone motivated by political and or economic gain. Someone with enormous muscle and resources. I can think of a few.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:51 pm 

Cheated big time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:25 am 

The patriots have been gifted nearly everything in their history. Whether it be league looking the other way, officiating,.

This is what everyone used to say about us when we were a dynasty.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:53 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
The patriots have been gifted nearly everything in their history. Whether it be league looking the other way, officiating,.

I'd be open to a conversation there with examples.

I mean the tuck rule, the spygate tapes that were destroyed, the sound/headset complaints that happen in foxboro, calls like the James catch.

The 70's steelers had what, guys on roids? Like other teams didn't have some jacked up dudes at the time?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:04 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:

I'd be open to a conversation there with examples.

I mean the tuck rule, the spygate tapes that were destroyed, the sound/headset complaints that happen in foxboro, calls like the James catch.

The 70's steelers had what, guys on roids? Like other teams didn't have some jacked up dudes at the time?

The Immaculate Reception.
The Steelers' fumble that wasn't in Super Bowl IX.
The pass interference call on Bennie Barnes called by an official all the way across the field while the one watching the play kept his flag in his pocket
Mel Renfro's catch ruled OOB

None of these were like the Tuck Rule, etc, but teams of the day complained the Steelers got all the breaks.

Again, we can bitch all we want, but in the end:

*We had no answer for Gronk- the only guy who did anything against us all night, and we never adjusted
*We tried to sit on an 8-point lead with a quarter and a half to go.
*Jesse James didn't hold onto the ball (don't give me this crap that there "may have been one finger under it"- the ball hit the ground- it doesn't move the way it did without hitting the ground)
*Ben forced an ill-advised throw with a possibly discombobulated team in the waning seconds when the only thing we could do to avoid at least tying the game was turn the ball over.

With the perspective of one night's sleep, I can say- we weren't robbed. We lost.

It takes 60 minutes to beat the Pats.

We didn't play 60 minutes.

If we haven't learned this lesson by now?

We never will.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:28 am 

Not the result I wanted, but the experience of my first game was incredible. Roller coaster emotional game. Flying back with some memories and some friendly, hospitable treatment.

Season ticket holder sitting next to me gave me a 50 towel to bring back home. Very grateful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:00 am 

I havent read thru all the posts but for me the game came down to the conservative play calling that started witj 8 minutes to go up by 8. NE defense wasnt stopping us buy instead of puttiing them away we tried to run clock. Had to know this wouldnt work vs Brady.

That was the game. Again on Tomlin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:13 pm 

yes after NE hit a FG we just needed a few first downs and that ball has to be in Ben hands.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:22 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
The pass interference call on Bennie Barnes called by an official all the way across the field while the one watching the play kept his flag in his pocket

None of these were like the Tuck Rule, etc, but teams of the day complained the Steelers got all the breaks.

Every one of these were call that happened, and I'm sure there were other bad calls that went against the Steelers that nobody noticed.

These patriot things though... they are reviews.. replay reviews.. someone gets to make a decision. The spygate stuff - again they destroyed evidence.

I'm not talking about a bad holding call here or there... I'm talking about deliberate reviews that someone made that always seem to benefit the Patriots at the biggest moments.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:55 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

Every one of these were call that happened, and I'm sure there were other bad calls that went against the Steelers that nobody noticed.

These patriot things though... they are reviews.. replay reviews.. someone gets to make a decision. The spygate stuff - again they destroyed evidence.

I'm not talking about a bad holding call here or there... I'm talking about deliberate reviews that someone made that always seem to benefit the Patriots at the biggest moments.

It's quite possible those happen.

The problem is...none of us have watched every single Patriots' game and seen every call and potential non-call to know if these "breaks with calls" really happen to the Patriots more often than other teams.

So we don't have a complete data set to see if they are outside the norm with respect to these calls/non-calls.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46